PDA

View Full Version : The opening was leaked?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-15-2006, 03:22 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G4XtVj4BWBc&search=FINAL%20FANTASY%20XII%20

Warning: I didn't watch this movie myself, because I don't want to spoil it. If you're like me, you may want to do the same.

Basically, it's the opening 7 minute movie to Final Fantasy XII and for some reason, it found its way onto the net.

Did anyone else know about this?

EDIT: Wait, does me posting this link violate copyright? Probably. Remove it if you feel it goes against the board rules etc.

ughhis
03-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes, and I've watched it. It's only 7 minutes as you say. :)

Oh, and, It's the best introduction movie I've ever seen, in any game. Or maybe there are some that I prefer more, but this one is definitely up in the top tier.

It made me feeeeel things; awed, intrigued, and almost sad with only 7 minutes. And it TELLS something, it's not just amazingly pretty. The music, directing, art, MUSIC!!!, voice acting (wow!), made me blush. And the ACTING, yes the CG people look like THEY feel stuff, too!

:<3: :<3:

I really want this game. :(

Setzer Gabianni
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
No major spoilers unless..

You do not know about Lord Rasler's fate..

~Setzer Gabianni

boys from the dwarf
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
i wont watch it yet. it will be a great game and i dont want any spoilers or anything like that. i quite sure that its a great intro but ill watch it when i get the game.

Roto13
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, I can't wait to ambush a friend of mine with this :)

McLovin'
03-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Don't you also see the beginning if you buy the FF12 Demo? (comes with Dragon Quest 8)

Jsb01
03-15-2006, 09:07 PM
OMG it is Star Wars
well it does look pretty good, but I can't hear it because my sound card is broken

silentenigma
03-15-2006, 09:45 PM
OMG it is Star Wars

that's what I was thinking...

That opening was beautiful. in a manly way.

Crossblades
03-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Saw it. it was great

Miriel
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow.

I'm amazed at how cinematic that opening movie was. It could very well have been the opening to a film rather than a game. Previous opening movies were more about showing a sequence of vaguely related scenes in a fast music-video sorta fashion. But this one was definitely more of a prologue than simply an opening FMV. More along the lines of Lord of the Ring's opening than Misson Impossible's opening.

I love. :)

Roto13
03-15-2006, 10:47 PM
It's pretty damn cool, that's for sure.

terley
03-15-2006, 11:49 PM
incredible :eek: :eek:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I caved and watched it. Is it just me, or is the pacing really terrible? Some prince gets married, goes to battle and dies within 5 minutes? What the hell?

Bah, hate to say it but while it looked cool, it was pretty disappointing.

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Don't you also see the beginning if you buy the FF12 Demo? (comes with Dragon Quest 8)

This one is different.

But yeah, alot of Star Wars references. Not that they haven't done that before, but this is a bit overboard :p

scooby
03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
:whoa: :whoa: Oh God.... That was so beautiful.... I almost burst into tears while watching it. I am truly awed. The MUSIC!!!!

Nothing could have increased my anticipation for this game more. It looks completely epic. Sort of like a cross between the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Wow.

Now, here's hoping that the English release isn't marred by dreadful voice acting, ala FFX....

Edited to add: I just watched it for the second time, and I am literally weeping right now. I don't know why, but it struck a really emotional chord with me.

Roto13
03-17-2006, 10:25 PM
:whoa: :whoa: Oh God.... That was so beautiful.... I almost burst into tears while watching it. I am truly awed. The MUSIC!!!!

Edited to add: I just watched it for the second time, and I am literally weeping right now. I don't know why, but it struck a really emotional chord with me.
:screwy:

scooby
03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Sorry. I just thought it was very moving and beautiful. Sue me.

lordmakalpine
03-17-2006, 11:57 PM
hahaha its ok scooby

I was getting pretty damn close to it myself. It looks AMAZING

Vivisteiner
03-18-2006, 12:28 PM
The ending has been leaked too.
MAJOR SPOILERS VIDEO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVhBn_tHLlM&search=Final%20Fantasy%20XII

Roto13
03-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Nah, I'll skip that one, thanks :p

Vivisteiner
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
I didnt see it, but I'm gussin theres major spoilers.

~SapphireStar~
03-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Amazing, turly amazing. It is very much like SW, specially the wedding ceremony, looked very much like the end of Phatom Menace. But the battle scenes are brilliant and it did pluck at my heart strings alot. Best game intro I have ever witnessed and if all the FMVs are as amazing as that, I'll forgive SE for the delay :D

Sephiroths Clone
03-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Arrgghh i want to watch the intro, IGN said its one of the best intros theyve seen in a long while. Too bad the game wont be out in the states til thanksgiving.

Roto13
03-18-2006, 07:02 PM
If you want to watch it, then watch it. Don't whine, it's right there.

Winter Nights
03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
IGN was right. I'd say it really was the best FF intro so far.. No real spoilers, just sets the stage for the game to come.

DMKA
03-19-2006, 09:10 AM
You people never cease to amaze me. No wonder when you actually play the game you complain...because you + the internet = already ruined the game for yourselves. =p

I've only seen what was on the demo so far, which certainly wasn't 7 minutes long.

Dreddz
03-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Im not seeing the intro and Im definately not seeing the ending, I'd gouge my eyes out rather than watching the ending.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
You people never cease to amaze me. No wonder when you actually play the game you complain...because you + the internet = already ruined the game for yourselves. =p

Sure you say that now, but come July and you realize the game STILL won't be released for another 4 months...

Death Penalty
03-19-2006, 10:20 AM
If you know the basic story then watch it. Its not a spoiler of any kind.

Jhei
03-19-2006, 04:27 PM
There's no real spoilers in the beginning, all of the events that happen there are things that we already know about.

Anyways, not only was the beginning and the ending were leaked, but all of the FMVs too. There are 39 of them. (I think) That's certainly a lot of FMVs. (but I only watched the Intro)

amratis
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
That was simply incredible. I couldn't be looking forward to this game more.

DMKA
03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Anyways, not only was the beginning and the ending were leaked, but all of the FMVs too. There are 39 of them. (I think) That's certainly a lot of FMVs. (but I only watched the Intro)
Wow, I had heard previously that there was only going to be an intro and a ending FMV, like Kingdom Hearts. Glad to hear that's not true, because I love FMVs throughout the game like they've been since VII. :)

Roto13
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow, I had heard previously that there was only going to be an intro and a ending FMV, like Kingdom Hearts. Glad to hear that's not true, because I love FMVs throughout the game like they've been since VII. :)
Graphics whore :p

DMKA
03-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Graphics whore :p
No, I just like the FMV style. If I was a graphics whore I'd prefer X and X-2 to VII, which I don't.

crono_logical
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
It reeked of Star Wars Episode 1 to me for some reason :p Graphics are nice though, possibly almost on par with FF7AC :p

Jhei
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
^For me the intro graphics wasn't just "almost", but as good as the graphics of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It was really great, and is the best intro of an FF game yet. (on par with VIII and it's amazing Liberi Fatali)

Roto13
03-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I prefer FF VI's Anthology version to any other one, but that's just me. I thought it captured the mood of the game perfectly.

TasteyPies
03-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Honestly? Kinda lame..it didn't make me want to play the game at all. In fact, I think I have lost all of my enthusiasm.

Edit: so its out in japan now right? god I can't WAIT!

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 05:28 AM
Must..........:kaolook:.........NOT.........:kaoangry:.............LOOK.......:kaodizzy:............ ..

Oh the pain......:kaocry2:

boys from the dwarf
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
can anyone confirm that the thing that vivisteiner posted is real because i am not even going to think about watching the end FMV to an FF without playing all of the way through. is it real the end FMV?

scooby
03-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
can anyone confirm that the thing that vivisteiner posted is real because i am not even going to think about watching the end FMV to an FF without playing all of the way through. is it real the end FMV? Yes, it was the real ending FMV (about 5 minutes in length), and it was viewed by thousands of people - before it and all 38 of the game's other FMVs (all put on there by the same guy) were removed from YouTube about a day ago, due to copyright infringement. The only one that remains now is the opening.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I thought it was nice. Didn't really set up much though. Main character nowhere to be found. Though I have to say I dont get how people can consider an opening a spoiler. You're going to be basked in the same exact thing as soon as you pop the DVD in your PS2. So regardless, its going to be your first real FFXII experience. Be it now, or 7 months from now.

Seifer
03-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Well...I must say...I am very disappointed. For all the other people who have said similar, I hear ya.

Let's keep in mind, I have seen the first seven minutes with this clip, so I will say what I think about the opener. This DOES NOT represent my opinion of what the rest of the game is or what I think the rest of of the game will be like. That is yet to be determined when I play it, so here's what I think about this:

Didn't make me want to play at all. They've really lost their artistic direction. VII, VIII, IX, X...they all had it in one way or another. VII had mystery, VIII had that awesome epic feel, IX was...still a heck of a lot better than this, and X had a bittersweet, forshadowing draw to it. Hell, even VI had some for a 16-bit game. Anthology version of VI definitely.

Some people are also weird. The FMV graphics were no where near the par of Advent Children. This is still on the level of X. Other than that, I wouldn't even care if they were that good. Graphics aside, I didn't find anything profound about this one at all. Typical medievil-esque action. Whoopdee-doo. Well guys, instead of waiting for Final Fantasy XII, I think I'm going to go watch some Record of Lodoss War.

Death Penalty
03-25-2006, 05:44 AM
Graphics in IMO were on par with Advent Children. It has the feel FF2 had when I played it.

Jir11
04-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes, and I've watched it. It's only 7 minutes as you say. :)

Oh, and, It's the best introduction movie I've ever seen, in any game. Or maybe there are some that I prefer more, but this one is definitely up in the top tier.

It made me feeeeel things; awed, intrigued, and almost sad with only 7 minutes. And it TELLS something, it's not just amazingly pretty. The music, directing, art, MUSIC!!!, voice acting (wow!), made me blush. And the ACTING, yes the CG people look like THEY feel stuff, too!

:<3: :<3:

I really want this game. :(

Very impressive opening :) However FFVIII is still IMHO the best opening I've seen so far in the FF series. :) Can't wait to play this game I'm sure it's going to be one of my favorite FF game.

Goose
04-03-2006, 03:12 AM
how does watching the opening spoil the game? Anyway i like that... I have it on my PSP... lol

marc
04-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Meh the ending didn't work.
I'll have to find some other site to watch it.
Its probably on some nerds myspace.

Skyblade
04-06-2006, 05:18 AM
It looks like a cross between Final Fantasy and the newer Star Wars. I hate to say that, but it does. The marraige scene is extremely similar to the end of Phantom Menace, as has already been pointed out. And the battle scenes remind me too much of the battle scenes in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. For some reason, those battles don't seem nearly as awe-inspiring or amazing as some space battles (I know, they weren't space battles, they were airships. But the principle is the same) that I've seen. I'm sorry, but I think this is a step downward for the series. Hell, if they were going for a Star Wars style scene, they should have gone with the old Star Wars, since those were of much better quality than the newer ones. But really, the ground battles should have been more in the style of Lord of the Rings (that movie had some of the best ground battle scenes of motion picture history), and the aerial battles should have been similar to those in, say, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (which had space battles several hundred times better than those in the newer Star Wars movies).

CloudedSquall
04-06-2006, 12:13 PM
It looks like a cross between Final Fantasy and the newer Star Wars. I hate to say that, but it does. The marraige scene is extremely similar to the end of Phantom Menace, as has already been pointed out. And the battle scenes remind me too much of the battle scenes in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. For some reason, those battles don't seem nearly as awe-inspiring or amazing as some space battles (I know, they weren't space battles, they were airships. But the principle is the same) that I've seen. I'm sorry, but I think this is a step downward for the series. Hell, if they were going for a Star Wars style scene, they should have gone with the old Star Wars, since those were of much better quality than the newer ones. But really, the ground battles should have been more in the style of Lord of the Rings (that movie had some of the best ground battle scenes of motion picture history), and the aerial battles should have been similar to those in, say, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (which had space battles several hundred times better than those in the newer Star Wars movies).

Have to agree with you there. I was also kind of disappointed personally. It opened a lot of doors, granted, but there was nothing there that made me think this is going to be epic (although i'm sure it could be)! Agree with Seifer as well, VIII was brilliant and i loved the mystery to VII.. i think it's all in the music for me, I loved the intro music to all the other games (particularly VII) but nothing here really hit me.. it was almost like background music, nothing there really that had any direction :cry: a bit airy-fairy ya know? And it was a bit strange not seeing any sign of the lead role but still that doesn't matter too much. However, i'm still really excited about this game.. seriously cannot wait, i've been watching some of the battle vides to see if i'd like it and I wasn't too keen at first but now i think it looks great! Hope the music and storyline are top notch!

gijoe24jp
04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I got a copy FF12 through my girlfriend in Japan. After playing for 10 hours, I feel that not only does the movie resembles to Star Wars, even the battle looks like those in the PC game Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. Once you select what to do to an enemy, the characters just keep on doing it until the enemy dies, or until you tell him/her to do something else. If you like KOTOR, then you will like FF12. On the other hand, if you are someone who prefers to keep telling your character what to do (like pressing all these bottons), then you might be disappointed.

marc
04-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I got a copy FF12 through my girlfriend in Japan. After playing for 10 hours, I feel that not only does the movie resembles to Star Wars, even the battle looks like those in the PC game Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. Once you select what to do to an enemy, the characters just keep on doing it until the enemy dies, or until you tell him/her to do something else. If you like KOTOR, then you will like FF12. On the other hand, if you are someone who prefers to keep telling your character what to do (like pressing all these bottons), then you might be disappointed.

Yay, I'm lazy, so I'll love it.
And to whoever said its like playing ff2, then I'm sure to love it.
I think I'm the only person that liked that game.