PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3

fantasyjunkie
03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I played and beat both the original Warcraft and Warcraft 2 but never have played warcraft 3. Could one of you good people please tell me a little about Warcraft 3 before i waste my $$$ on it? Thanks! :)

yuno
03-16-2006, 02:54 PM
there are two new clans;the night elves and the undead.but the biggest change from the earlier warcrafts to warcraft 3 is the hero system.

in warcraft 3,a new building type is now accesible.they are called altars.in the altars,you can summon a new type of unit,a "hero".a hero is a special unit with stats and skills which you can only produce one of.a hero grows in level as you battle until it reaches its maximum level of 10 (in normal gamplay,that is).it gets stat bonuses and one skill point each level up.it has 3 lv1 skills and one lv6 skill (what many call ultimate skills).each lv1 skill maxes out at skill level 3,while the lv6 skill maxes out at skill level 1.so that's 10 skill points all-in-all.it's experience comes from the enemies killed within its vicinity.and by enemies,i dont only mean opposing clans.there are also neutral monsters on the map (called "creeps") that you can kill for experience.they also drop items that your hero can carry as equipment,or use as boosts/buffs/etc.

bipper
03-16-2006, 03:44 PM
The Story of Warcraft three is fair, and a hordeton more intenece than its predicessors. These events lead directly into WoW the mmo, which I play, and LOVE.

I would suggest you play W3, both Reign of Chaos, and Frozen throne (the expansion), are well worth the coin just for the one play version. The Battlenet (online) version allows so much extensability that different style games (from arena combat to dragonball mods) are all available. It really does not get old.

Samuraid is prolly the biggest warcraft three buff I have seen here, I am sure he can tout it up as well :)

Bipper

fantasyjunkie
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys! :)

nik0tine
03-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Warcraft 3 does not live up to it's predecessors but it's still a good game. It can't hurt to buy it, and it is definetly worth the effort of pirating it.

Mo-Nercy
03-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Play DotA instead. ^^

War3 ain't a bad game. I was never too good at it though.

Spammerman
03-17-2006, 01:12 PM
It was the first Warcraft I played and si awesome(IMO)

The story is mainly wrapped around the undead and archimondes return. The expansion is mainly about the night elves and Illidan. IN the expanson of three there are new heroes as well. THeres also a tavern for extra heroes. For race specific ones there are NIght Elves0- WArden
Humans, Blood Elf MAge
Undead- Crypt Lord
Orcs- Voodoo Troll(Forogt his real name
Theres also ppl like the Panda Brewmaster.
I don tknow if the cheat code is the same for all of them but to get 1 hit kills and invulnerability, the code is whosyourdaddy

yuno
03-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Play DotA instead. ^^
amen,my friend.dota is such a great game.

for those who doesnt know what dota is,it's a customized map for warcraft 3: frozen throne (expansion of warcraft 3: reign of chaos,as previously pointed out).if you dont like the mountain king,you will like him after you play dota.storm bolt rocks!!!

Twilight Edge
03-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Play DotA instead. ^^
amen,my friend.dota is such a great game.

for those who doesnt know what dota is,it's a customized map for warcraft 3: frozen throne (expansion of warcraft 3: reign of chaos,as previously pointed out).if you dont like the mountain king,you will like him after you play dota.storm bolt rocks!!!

Hell yeah,Zeus pwns all!My fave after Razor.:D

edczxcvbnm
03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Warcraft 3 does not live up to kicks it's predecessors asses through the ground and is still an awesome game. It can't hurt to buy it, and it is definetly worth the effort of pirating killing others for it.

PramTheOracle
03-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Play DotA instead. ^^

I never got into Dota once I got Frozen throne, but I did like the one for Reign Of Chaos, it never changed. On FT, there was like a new dota each week, and almost noone would let you Download them. However, Some of the custom Rpgs are awesome, with a Few FF custom rpgs too.

In short, Battlenet is enough to keep you occupied for at least 2 years

PS
-Starcraft aint Bad either.

Madame Adequate
03-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Warcraft 3 does not live up to kicks it's predecessors asses through the ground and is still an awesome game. It can't hurt to buy it, and it is definetly worth the effort of pirating killing others for it.

QFT.

WC3 is supremely awesome. Totally worth getting, the expansion as well. Also very handy to play if you're into WoW, just to give some grounding.

I think the Undead faction could have used a little tweaking though. They just feel a bit... lame. The Undead have a lot of awesome units, and that's just the problem - they should be the ones who use sheer force of numbers to win, not the (Admittedly nifty) stuff the Banshees and Necromancers can do.

"I love the dead... frequently."

Ouch!
03-18-2006, 05:37 AM
I really enjoyed WC3. I was really bummed out when they continued FT with WoW, though. I was really hoping for some sort of conclusion other than an MMORPG.