PDA

View Full Version : Sony endorsed PSX emulator for the PSP?

Maxico
03-15-2006, 07:12 PM
http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/03/15/psp-gets-gps-and-camera-add-ons-video-chat-and-voip-and-media/
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63263

and some other stuff.

Just, wow. Seems a little too good to be true. I wonder how they'll be handling this. I wouldn't be too happy spending too much on games I already own.

Winter Nights
03-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Meh.. I really wouldn't see the point, since I can play the games I want on my PS2. However, from a business standpoint, it doesn't make alot of sense either. That kinda kills porting popular titles to PSP (for instance, the PSX FFs), if people can already play emulator versions legally.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow. :| Pretty cool. Not sure what to say, but it's cool.

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 08:11 PM
No one needed Sonys word, there is already a Psone emulator on the PSP.
Early days mean its not very good, but give the egg heads time and Ill have FFVII on my PSP in no time.

escobert
03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I need a PsP

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 08:16 PM
One good thing about this is that it'll piss off the DS fanboys.
PSP > DS Mofo's !

Vincent Valentine
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Am I the only one who finds this funny?

Sony have been hunting down and seeking out every tiny little group of people that try to hack into the PSP in any fashion. They're militaristic when it comes to people modifying their machines, and have gone out of their way to stop anything pirated working on their machine.

And there's especially hardcore when it comes to emulators.

The only reason they're bringing this thing out is to try and draw attention away from those going out of their way to hotwire their machine.

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
VV speaks the truth. Haha, and people thought Sony would lay back and let the PS3 region free. Sony hate any sort of of this activity because of only one thing, they loose money. A PSP emulator organised by Sony will obviously cost money, Sony wont let any of this go free.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
One good thing about this is that it'll piss off the DS fanboys.
PSP > DS Mofo's !

D00d! I am a proud DS fanboy and I am not pissed off! I do wish the DS had some sort of emulators for older Nintendo systems, though.

Well, this PSX emulator thing: It's pretty cool. I wonder how well it works. :mog:

a nirvana fan
03-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I have a PSone emulator for my PSP but doesnt fully work as it's a test release, only three games work and even they have no sound, they are Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars, Pandemonium and Mortal Kombat 4.

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey wow, I just thought it was demo's. I should look this up more....