PDA

View Full Version : most hated ff ending...

--One Winged Angel--
03-16-2006, 04:40 AM
speaks for itself... in my opinion, ff9 had the worst ending. it was just to predictable wat was goin to happen.

DeathKnight
03-16-2006, 04:56 AM
FFVII's:barf:

It left me with a big boring though "This game is just 'bout Cloud and Sephiroth"
Plain, boring, and un-interesting.

The Last Oath
03-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Actually the 1st time i ever played FFIX i didnt know what was going to happen,i got taken by surprise lol. Anyway they most dull FF ending would have to be VI, nothing much happens and shadow had to die.:(

Slade
03-16-2006, 09:53 AM
FFV's ending wasn't that spectacular, especially since the game WAS spectacular. I didn't hate the ending, but I thought more could've been done.

I also thought X-2's perfect ending was a rip-off too. Apart from seeing Wakka :D

Michael Belmont
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I didn't like the one on 6 it just had to end with Terra letting her hair free. So i'm playing it in japanese in hopes of a diffrent one.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Good luck with that.

Luara
03-16-2006, 03:44 PM
ff................x-2................
For me there isnt continue for ffx ...! >.< ...
But I liked the characters in x-2... only didnt like the story... and the endings...

~SapphireStar~
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM
I didnt like FF9s, as OWA said, it was predictable and dull.

Twilight Edge
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah,even I who likes FF9's can predict that ending.

Winter Nights
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
The after-credits ending of FFX.

Jsb01
03-16-2006, 07:39 PM
FF IX's ending kind of sucked

Shiny
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
The normal ending of X-2 is the worst.

NeoCracker
03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Though I love the FF's, they never really seemed to have an awsome ending which saddened me. But I'd have to say X-2. Never beat it but after hearing you get Tidus back after 100% completion, it made it worse by default.

starseeker
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
X-2, as well as being sickeningly bad, it ruins the tearjerkerending of X. The after credits ending of X just adds mystery to it, a cliffhanger almost.

Eiko Guy
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
go to x-2 forums and answer my question

*~Angel Wing~*
03-17-2006, 12:55 AM
I agree, but the "good endings" were also too unbelievable. I swear...they should have just left FFX alone, it was fine as it was.

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
speaks for itself... in my opinion, ff9 had the worst ending. it was just to predictable wat was goin to happen.
Especially when it's already happened 8 times before :)

I didn't care for II's. It was just boring. Nothing too special about it. (I guess that balances it out since it had the best final dungeon ever :cat: )

dragoonknight_kain
03-17-2006, 03:41 AM
FFV's ending is horrible. Until the ending the game was boring, after I saw that stupid thing it just felt like I wasted my time playing that. FFVII's ending was very disappointing as well.

Setzer Gabianni
03-17-2006, 07:09 AM

It left me with a big boring though "This game is just 'bout Cloud and Sephiroth"

Well it was for the most part so what did you expect?

They were all crud. I'm hoping FFXII can change that.

~Setzer Gabianni

kikimm
03-17-2006, 07:14 AM
All of FFX-2 endings were /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I liked that game, but man, what a let down. FFIX's sucked too.

Cliches are bad. :(

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I mean who would have thought that a game that consisted of 80-90% recycled material would have an unoriginal ending?

Anyway, when it comes to lame ending, you can’t really look past FFI.

Reles
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Actually the 1st time i ever played FFIX i didnt know what was going to happen,i got taken by surprise I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Anyway they most dull FF ending would have to be VI, nothing much happens and shadow had to die.:(

Uhm, Shadow didn't HAVE to die. but yes you have the choice of killing him. :p I'm not sure what ending I didn't like. I suppose I found FF2's ending boring, the rest were cute though.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Actually the 1st time i ever played FFIX i didnt know what was going to happen,i got taken by surprise I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Anyway they most dull FF ending would have to be VI, nothing much happens and shadow had to die.:(

Uhm, Shadow didn't HAVE to die. but yes you have the choice of killing him. :p
Even if you save Shadow, he commits suicide in the end.

The Last Oath
03-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I thought so

Dell
03-17-2006, 06:15 PM

I disagree, I like the uncontinous ending. What ending do you say that have cloud and sephiroth.It just at the beginning of the ending, then it followed by Midgar being hit by Meteor. the ending were great, interesting and superb.

FFX is have the suckest ending. Why can't it just show Yuna and Tidus be together forever. why would they made FFX-2? FFVIII-2/FFIX-2 would make a better series.

In my opinion, I like FFIX ending, eventhough lots of you hate it. I like the story and the song MELODIES OF LIFE.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 01:08 AM

I disagree, I like the uncontinous ending. What ending do you say that have cloud and sephiroth.It just at the beginning of the ending, then it followed by Midgar being hit by Meteor. the ending were great, interesting and superb.
FFX is have the suckest ending. Why can't it just show Yuna and Tidus be together forever. why would they made FFX-2? FFVIII-2/FFIX-2 would make a better series.

In my opinion, I like FFIX ending, eventhough lots of you hate it. I like the story and the song MELODIES OF LIFE.

You have no points here*bolds it for him*

Superb 'cause a Meteor hits Midgar???:irked:

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 01:19 AM
FF7s was good as it left it open for reinterpritation and sequels. With X I expected it to stay the way it was. Tidus is gone, Auron dead and Yuna doing whatever it is I think Yuna and Lulu were doing in a locked bedroom. In a locked bathroom. In a locked closet. And Wakka going to a proper english class ya. I dont need another game with no replay value, no difficulty and Yuna gettin back with that iffeminate loser Tidus.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 01:25 AM
FF7s was good as it left it open for reinterpritation and sequels. With X I expected it to stay the way it was. Tidus is gone, Auron dead and Yuna doing whatever it is I think Yuna and Lulu were doing in a locked bedroom. In a locked bathroom. In a locked closet. And Wakka going to a proper english class ya. I dont need another game with no replay value, no difficulty and Yuna gettin back with that iffeminate loser Tidus.

Wow no offense but you sound like a 6 year old:confused:
uh huh, SquareEnix didn't make the game for you...........you didn't know that?:eek:

Who wants to see an ending based on 2 guys who have been going at it for the whole damn game???:irked: This game steps ALL over Barret, Yuffie***, Vincent, and Cait Sith, it's so bad it's sickening.

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 01:34 AM
And. Explain how I sound like a six year old my confused friend. Reading what I posted I see me talkin about a few fantasies I got from the game and how Tidus is iffeminate and most likely gay or confused. I see what youre saying about seven but you seem to not have understood the game as if you do the right things everyone gets some amount of development. The people who got the least development were Yuffie and Vincent. And it fit Vincents charachter.

Acid Raine
03-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Oh, relax Mr. Penalty. Death Knight is very tempermental, and VERY defensive when it comes to FFX (or at least, as far as I have observed). He gets pissed whenever someone doesnt like it, and has to go on an insulting spree. He also appears to enjoy shooting down VII and saying how much it sucked. And.....Yuffie and Vincent were optional characters. They arent SUPPOSED to have very much development. Games cant do that with hidden chars because they need them to be interchangable in the storyline. They each had their own little side story (Wutai and Lucrecia's Cave) but not much else from that....

Anyways, I didnt like VIII's ending. It left too many holes XP BLECH! Plot holes can be cool in moderation, but leaving THAT many is just bad. I didnt like how it left too much up to the player's imagination..

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 01:58 AM
And. Explain how I sound like a six year old my confused friend. Reading what I posted I see me talkin about a few fantasies I got from the game and how Tidus is iffeminate and most likely gay or confused. I see what youre saying about seven but you seem to not have understood the game as if you do the right things everyone gets some amount of development. The people who got the least development were Yuffie and Vincent. And it fit Vincents charachter.

Well Tidus' not the one with the thet g*y-ass looking shoes:irked:*points at Vincent* and with the g*y-ass long girly hair.

And yes, MOST of FFVII's characters are left in the SHADOWS to RUST:mog:

Dell
03-18-2006, 07:27 AM

Well Tidus' not the one with the thet g*y-ass looking shoes:irked:*points at Vincent* and with the g*y-ass long girly hair.

you're wrong. All FF7 characters best.

FFX is the one rusty, cause all of them are stupid. Only Lulu and Auron look more brilliant.

--One Winged Angel--
03-18-2006, 08:03 AM
wow..this got off topic.

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 08:08 AM

But Vincent isnt the one who looks like Meg Ryan. And Vincent doest appea to be a so-called Bi-sexual.

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Vincent also doesn't sound like a immature 10-year old who whines all the time :)

(Tida's voice actor is much better in the Japanese version, go figure. :cat: )

Captain Maxx Power
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry but I must acknowledge the awfulness of FF1's original ending. What does the game reward you with for hours upon hours of gaming? A few text boxes with cryptic messages about how you've been controlling the light warriors. Typical old-school ending atrocity.

ScottNUMBERS
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Keep in mind FFI was made a long time ago and considered to have a 'good plot' back then. Besides you get that cool music. :cool:

Even though I have to agree the FFI ending pretty much sucked, but I didn't expect it to be any any better than it was. The ending that dissapointed me most was FFVIII's, it didn't make any sense to me.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 03:06 PM

you're wrong. All FF7 characters best.

FFX is the one rusty, cause all of them are stupid. Only Lulu and Auron look more brilliant.

It would do you some good to get yourself a dictionary.

Anyway, wtf are you talking 'bout? I'm NOT talking 'bout whether FFVII's character's were cool or not, I'm talking 'bout how much of story each character got, how MUCH they were portrayed and their IMPORTANCE in the story.

Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, and SOMEWHAT Red XIII had no importance in FFVII AKA FFVII stepped all over those characters.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Vincent also doesn't sound like a immature 10-year old who whines all the time :)

We're not in Japan now are we? now if you wanna move over there to get better FFs then fine by me, I bet in ALL future FFs with voices it will ALWAYS sound better in the Japanese version. Compare Vaan's voice in the japanese version to the american version and I'm sure it'll sound better in the japanese(not always true, but that's how I've seen it in most games aside from FF).

Vincent has no voice so stop your un-supported bias. Unlike Vincent who's just thrown int he game like a PUPPET with no meaning at all Tidus plays a big role in the story.

Nick Schovitz
03-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Everyone's pick here is X-2 Yuna just says this will be a great story and blah blah blah.

Acid Raine
03-18-2006, 06:53 PM
We're not in Japan now are we?
Some of us might be. Not EVERYONE lives in the US

Vincent has no voice so stop your un-supported bias. Unlike Vincent who's just thrown int he game like a PUPPET with no meaning at all Tidus plays a big role in the story.

Vincent has a voice, japanese and english. I've never heard either yet, but I will eventually....And he really cant have a role in the story. He is an optional character.

And Mr. DeathKnight, why is it that you insist on starting a fight with everyone who doesnt like FFX? You like it, they dont. And you saying how cool it is, then preceeding to shoot down VII is not going to change their opinion.

Trumpet Thief
03-18-2006, 07:33 PM
chaos: Hmm. I didn't really prefer X-2's ending, but then again, most of that is just because I thought FFX was fine just the way it was.

Rubedo: FFIX's ending was predictable, but it was still a really nice fairytale touch. I can't see myself hating it. :)

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Vincent has no voice so stop your un-supported bias. Unlike Vincent who's just thrown int he game like a PUPPET with no meaning at all Tidus plays a big role in the story
Yeah he does have a voice I have heard it the guy doesnt sound like an immature 10 year old. And Tidus does play a big role. A big role in a crappy story.

Acid Raine
03-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Why am I ignored?

Death Penalty
03-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Why am I ignored?
Because drugs are bad m'kay

Acid Raine
03-19-2006, 02:54 AM
that was.....vague and unresponsive

ehsteve
03-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Of all of the endings, FFVIII's was the only one that really didn't leave me with a sense of closure. All of the other endings, even if they were kind of dull (FFIV), made me really feel that the story was over. After watching VIII's ending, I felt like the game wasn't finished yet, even though the screen said "The End."

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Of all of the endings, FFVIII's was the only one that really didn't leave me with a sense of closure. All of the other endings, even if they were kind of dull (FFIV), made me really feel that the story was over. After watching VIII's ending, I felt like the game wasn't finished yet, even though the screen said "The End."
Same feelin herr

Evastio
03-22-2006, 03:05 AM
I didn't like the FFVII ending because it wasn't very happy or satisfying. I still feel like I haven't completed the game becasue of the ending (even though I killed Ruby Weapon and barely slaughtered Emerald Weapon).

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 03:31 AM
Meh? How much closer did you want? They got together in the end. What else could they add?

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 03:56 AM

We're not in Japan now are we? now if you wanna move over there to get better FFs then fine by me, I bet in ALL future FFs with voices it will ALWAYS sound better in the Japanese version. Compare Vaan's voice in the japanese version to the american version and I'm sure it'll sound better in the japanese(not always true, but that's how I've seen it in most games aside from FF).

Look, I never said Tida was a bad character. He may be one of the best characters in that game, many people dislike him for his outright annoying english voice actor, which unfortunately in games/movies/ any entertainment with voices, can downgrade that character.I was trying to be funny, and I'm sorry if I offended you, but if I got mad whenever my favorite character(s) were criticised, nobody on this forum would like me. :cat:

Sheezus...:cat:

As for FFI's ending:

The Light Warriors defeated Chaos, so he can't send the Fiends to the future to start the time-loop again. But that means that there won't be Garland in the future for the Light Warriors to defeat, so basically they remember the adventure they had, but nobody else does, because Garland isn't evil in that future, and he hasn't kidnapped Sara, and there isn't a need for the Light Warriors to save the world.("Yes, maybe Garland will be waiting for them too.") Well, maybe someone else could explain it better than me, but yeah.

DMKA
03-22-2006, 05:50 AM

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 11:05 AM
All X-2 endings. It should of ended with Lulu using vegnagun to blow spira up. Than having her laugh maniacly while the credits role.

Social Moon Firesky
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
FF VII's kinda sucked...It would have been better if Vincent and Yuffie were in it.

mako_soldier97
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I enjoyed FF7's ending - it wasn't just about the fight between Cloud and Sephy - it was about the people who had fought so hard and long to stop the comet from hitting. Each of the cast learned who they truly were even with Aeris dead and what they were meant to do in life. Sure I didn't have Vincent in it but hey I think that is one for you to think on. As for FF 9's ending I loved it - I loved the way that Zidane finally chose one girl instead of several. I enjoyed the way ViVi learned who he finally was and what his purpose in life was. Usually after I see an ending I think on it for a time until I come to the conclusion as to why it happened that way.

look_out_below
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
All 4 Endings of FFX-2, there was the bad, normal, good and perfect endings. You would think that with 4 at least one of them would be good but no. Even the bad ending where vegnagun destroys Spira was disappointing.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2006, 03:40 AM
So far (haven't played all the FFs) I disliked ff1's ending.