PDA

View Full Version : Challenge time!

ScottNUMBERS
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
FFI DoS was a major dissapointment in terms of difficulty, upon making this terrifying discovery I decided I wanted more out of my game, that's when it occured to me; "I need to do a FFI challenge!". I decided I wasn't going to do four white mages or solo monk, no sir. I wanted something more original, something that hasn't been done, something even more difficult than anything done before (Perhaps). And besides that, I've always wanted to make a challenge thread in which I can record all my Findings, Strategys, Defeats, Victorys, etc. :cool:

The challenge;

A WAMFOC challenge (Weapons, Armour, Magic, From Only Cornellia)

In this challege I shall not equip any weapons, armour, magic from anywhere except cornellia, which means any weapons or armour that are found cannot be equiped. My party is as follows;

Warrior
Black mage
White mage
Red mage

I purposely chose no monks in my party in case they make it too easy.

I started this challenge a while ago Here's my progress so far;

I started out in front of cornellia and well I went into- wait, let's just skip to the juicy bits. :drool:

The start of the game was pretty damn boring and easy. :yawn: But I endured it because I had faith in the difficulty of this challenge.
I died a couple times trying to get the crown because of those pesky Piscodemons they dished out a devistating 60-100 per shot, four of them was more than my party could handle back then. after recieving the crown I then gave it to Astos who sadly, didn't even put up a fight. :(

Next was the Earth shrine, and after going in the second time things were about to get rather interesting. :jokey: The vampire was stupidly easy as expected, Then I reached Lich, at this point the challenge gets little harder. :hyper: I soon prevailed against Lich using lots of Fire with thanks to my Black Mage (even though he dies in one hit through any one of Lich's attacks).

Moving on...Money is becoming a problem now, I need lots of potions, Hi-potions and Phoenix downs before I enter a dungeon. Certain groups of monsters in the area of cresant lake require to much effort,Items, and deaths to be worthwhile I have to fight weaker monsters, luckily the monsters are easier in mount gulug. After saving up enough potions I decided to run through mount gulug and take on Maralith (Or Kary for all your old-schoolers :cool:) I reached her and well, it killed me a good ten times, it can kill the only character in my party that can do the most damage (that damage being 30-40) in one hit taking twice the amount of HP it has. After about ten trys the max damage I took from Maralith in one fight wasn't even half it's HP, So I've decided to leave mount gulug to see if I can find any items that can help me in the Earthgift Shrine.

And that's the rundown so far. :rolleyes2

Meat Puppet
03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Wait.

You play Final Fantasy?

THE JACKAL

ljkkjlcm9
03-16-2006, 03:54 PM
you may be able to accomplish this in the DoS version, in fact, I'm sure you can, but I'd only be impressed if you did it with the orginal NES version

THE JACKEL

ScottNUMBERS
03-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm not doing it to impress you. :rolleyes2

themagicroundabout
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
ScottNUMBERS made a Final Fantasy related thread!

ScottNUMBERS
03-18-2006, 10:54 AM
ScottNUMBERS made a Final Fantasy related thread!
I think thats one for the Wiki (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/ScottNUMBERS). :excited:

Well Maralith is turning out be a real pain. I crawled all the way through the Earthgift Shrine, finding only one item that is useful against Maralith, which was the Red Fang. It allows me to do 60 damage instead of 30 for one turn.

Here's my situation regarding Maralith;

It has 1440 HP, it can deal 250-350 damage (Can be reduced to 130-200 with Protect) with it's attacks and 90-150 to all my party with Fira (Which, unless there is a item in the Earthgift shrine that I don't know about, is impossible to reduce).

The maximum damage I can inflict is around 35 with my Black Mage which dies as a result from any damage attack executed by Maralith directed at either the party or the Black Mage. My red mage Inflicts a maximum of 15 damage and my Warrior a very poor 4 damage or around 20 when I score a critical hit.

But I shant give up and I refuse to cut any corners, I'm going to test this challenges limits. :cool:

KoShiatar
03-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Well, good luck. And if you get it made, then why not try with the original NES version? Now that would be a challenging challenge.

aquatius
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
You could try leveling lots.

ImAFarmer
12-06-2006, 04:00 PM
WAMFOC lol

maybe do yourself a favour and job advance soon

The black mage
12-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Try doing this:
Do the citadel of Trials
Go to the ice cavern get the leviston and get the airship