PDA

View Full Version : Weird Remedies

Ki Ki
03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I've just recovered from the worst cold I've ever had! And while I was sick, alot of people recomended the weirdest things to me.
One was to drink soy sauce and lime juice together, another one was to hang upside down for 5-10 minutes(this makes all the viruses in your body flow to you head and out your nose o_o), and drink hot watermelon juice with salt(suppose to be good for your throat)
So...what weird remedies have you come across? :choc2:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-16-2006, 05:33 PM
see a doctor

Alive-Cat
03-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Cure for a broken spine:

Firstly, you must find some frogs in the woods near your house. And it has to be the woods NEAR your house, if there are no woods near your house, then you will have to deal with a broken spine.
Then, you get those frogs and care for them for a minimum of 7 years, until they are very fat and like humans.
Then, you sell those frogs to the black market, as "Wonder Frogs!" and chuckle as some naive customer walks away with these "wonder" frogs. Everyone knows frogs are not wonderfull!
Next, you go see a therapist, that's:
THE RAPIST.
Now, once you lay down for a while, on an angled chair in front of your the rapist, (which will make your back considerably worse) you discuss your problems and thoughts with him.
Next, drive down to the local pet cemetary, (if there is not a pet cemetary near your house, you'll have to deal with a broken spine,) and dig up old pets, especially rabbits, and return them to their rightfull owners.

And there you have it, the cure for a broken spine!

Meat Puppet
03-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Yoghurt, I hear, is quite good at tackling yeast infections.

Levian
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Next, drive down to the local pet cemetary, (if there is not a pet cemetary near your house, you'll have to deal with a broken spine,) and dig up old pets, especially rabbits, and return them to their rightfull owners.

Oh my god. I'm totally doing this next christmas. :love: Not because I have a broken spine though.

escobert
03-16-2006, 10:21 PM
My gram has all sorts of herbal stuff since she's a crazy lady that lives in teh woods in a shack. SO I go to her for all my unusual needs.

Cz
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
What I'd like to know is how people discovered these remedies in the first place. Who the hell mixes soy sauce and lime juice? :O_O:

DarkLadyNyara
03-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Actually, that has a basis in fact, since youhurt has the same bacteria content as a healthy vagina. (I have turned sooo many people off yoghurt with that little fact :D )

Shoden
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
stiff joints: run and jump into a door, painful but works for me.

Yuffie514
03-16-2006, 11:54 PM
here's a common and well-known remedy that some Asians may use:

Koo' (rub) kchall (wind) is used to treat a variety of ailments, including fever, upper respiratory infection, nausea, weak heart, and malaise. A coin is dipped in a mentholated medicine and rubbed in one direction (away from the center of the body) in a symmetric pattern on the patient's chest, back, and/or extremities. This is referred to in western literature as "coining" or "dermabrasion."

this information taken from: http://www.med.umich.edu/multicultural/ccp/folk.htm

this is said to be a Cambodian remedy, but i'm mixed and this is very common among family and relatives. very effective. if the skin don't appear red, then that means you are not sick enough or it's been done wrong.

Luther X-Rated
03-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Ummm....sprite and Campbell's chicken noodle soup.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-17-2006, 02:59 AM
Actually, that has a basis in fact, since youhurt has the same bacteria content as a healthy vagina. (I have turned sooo many people off yoghurt with that little fact :D )
No wonder...Have you ever smelled real yogur before the flaouring? We made some in Biology class once...it was nasty....Someone in our class actually ate it too.

Sir Walkie
03-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Pediatelyte mixed Gatorade and two Excedrin Migraine... Cure for the common hangover.

Cranberry juice... Cure for the common bladder infection.

Hot peppers... Cure for the common prostate cancer (Thanks Slashdot (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N15414885.htm)).