PDA

View Full Version : Where are you guys?

Dude1972
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Where are you guys at in the SNES, GBA, or PS1 version of this game? I've never played the SNES version..in the ps1 I'm directly at the beginning at that save point right before you fight Rubicante. In the GBA version I beat the game and I'm on Ed's trials..I have to beat the game with Ed in my party and then I get to fight ZeromusEG!!

Evastio
03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
In the SNES Version I'm outside of Mt. Hobbes with the final party trying to get the oBomb Summon. That was before I lost my SNES Cartridge. In the GBA Version I'm in the Lunar Ruins in front of one of the trials I've already done (I think it's Edge's or Kain's) with Cecil, (my favorite character obviously) Palom, Porom (I never leave the 2 separated) Cid, and Yang. I think.

Slicksword45
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
i'v never playes the SNES or PS1 verson but on the GBA verson i'm stuck on Zeromus

Dude1972
03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, I could help. I'll tell you what I did. First my Cecil ws level 58. So try to get there. Next, to make the battle a WHOLLLLEE lot easier use this team, Cecil, Rydia, Edge, Rosa, and Cid IN THAT ORDER!!!!...then when you are in the battle have everyone defend except Edge. Have him use steal until you obtain "Dark Matter". Sometimes it will say "Detected by enemy" or "Couldn't Steal"...dont worry about that just keep doing it until you obtain the Dark Matter. Then once you have obtained the Dark Matter have Cecil use "Crystal" (its in the inventory) Then he will turn into his "True form" Note: If you attack Zemus on his first form you will take serious damage!. But anyways when you are in his second form have cecil attack (of course), have rydia summon bahamut...if you havent gotten him I don't know what the f**k you are doing! Have Edge throw the excalibur...(definate 9,999 right there)...or if you havent gotten it throw shurikens or fuma shirkens. Have Rosa ALWAYS heal!!! Zeromus has a very serious atack called Big Bang..and you MUST heal! finally have kain jump. With this strategy you should have no problem!
btw now im going to zeromus eg!!...this is gonna be hard lol

Evastio
03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I beat Zeromus EG. It was very hard at first but at level 90 or above he should be easy. Do all the characters trial's and thoroughly explore the Lunar Ruins. You'll get really good equipment like the Lightbringer (for Cecil), Firey Hammer (for Cid), Sasuke's Katana (for Edge), Abel's Lance (for Kain), the Dragon Claw (for Yang), and Loki's Lute (for Edward). Your mages shouldn't need weapons because they're going to be casting spells instead of attacking. Also do note that he casts Reflect to counter any spell that isn't a summon. Good luck defeating him!

Dude1972
03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Ha ha...I beat Zeromus EG....oh this feels good!! I fully beaten the game see this was my lineup..and i beat zeromus eg with NO problems!

Cecil:70 (lightbringer)
Rydia:66 (assassin dagger)
Edge:70 (mutosunokami and Sasuke's katana) mutosunokami is edges best weapon btw
Rosa: 68 (sage's staff)
Kain: 71(abels lance) i beat it with this lineup with no problems what so ever..It must be UBER easy at level 90..

Slicksword45
03-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Well, I could help. I'll tell you what I did. First my Cecil ws level 58. So try to get there. Next, to make the battle a WHOLLLLEE lot easier use this team, Cecil, Rydia, Edge, Rosa, and Cid IN THAT ORDER!!!!...then when you are in the battle have everyone defend except Edge. Have him use steal until you obtain "Dark Matter". Sometimes it will say "Detected by enemy" or "Couldn't Steal"...dont worry about that just keep doing it until you obtain the Dark Matter. Then once you have obtained the Dark Matter have Cecil use "Crystal" (its in the inventory) Then he will turn into his "True form" Note: If you attack Zemus on his first form you will take serious damage!. But anyways when you are in his second form have cecil attack (of course), have rydia summon bahamut...if you havent gotten him I don't know what the f**k you are doing! Have Edge throw the excalibur...(definate 9,999 right there)...or if you havent gotten it throw shurikens or fuma shirkens. Have Rosa ALWAYS heal!!! Zeromus has a very serious atack called Big Bang..and you MUST heal! finally have kain jump. With this strategy you should have no problem!
btw now im going to zeromus eg!!...this is gonna be hard lol

how can Kain jump if he's not even in the party you told me to use?
i don't use edge for i diden't like him, but other wise i'm doing everything you said..... *sighs*

Dude1972
03-17-2006, 01:27 AM
ok..sorry i was thinking about the party i was using now...just attack with cid...or use kain...what ever floats your boat!

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I've beaten the game on SNES, and the J2e translation. I've now gotten Cecil to level 99 on FFIVA, and am trying to beat Zeromus EG solo with Cecil. (Even though no solo challenge will ever compare to Captain Maxx's Gilbert challenge :cat: )

On Chronicles, I think I'm at the Tower of Zot.

Persocom.Rydia
03-17-2006, 07:00 AM
I've beated the SNES version so many times it's not even funny. I maxed everyone out because I played the same game for god knows how many years.

I have beat both easytype and hardtype (with and without the english patch - that was hard) on the SNES roms.

I'm playing it on GBA and I'm trying to find the Lunar Trials. The graphics on the GBA is soooooo much better.

Dude1972
03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Your signature is making fun of me!!!:(

KoShiatar
03-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Well, I'm still very early in the GBA version, but I'm finding it really easy and I think I'll blow through it like a breeze.

Dude1972
03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
You will. I'm still stuck on the PS1 version..i need to get my Edge to grow like 4 levels..and it takes forever on the PS1 version...I'm so glad I bet FF4 GBA

Evastio
03-18-2006, 12:21 AM
You will. I'm still stuck on the PS1 version..i need to get my Edge to grow like 4 levels..and it takes forever on the PS1 version...I'm so glad I bet FF4 GBA

Me too. Actually I got it as a gift for Christmas. It's worth it just because you can switch around your characters. :)

Dude1972
03-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I just bought it at GameStop...lol...ff4 is my 2nd favorite final fantasy!...Right now I'm trying to beat final fantasy 4 for ps1 though

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 03:18 AM
I beat GBA in two days, and another to clear the optional dungeon, so no, it's not too hard. (Although I have beaten my SNES version countless times, so I'm no stranger to the game.)

Not to mention that they dumbed it down alot. Like they do to all GBA remakes for whatever reason...:cat:

Now I'm just going to see if I can max out everyone on Advance. I should've thought about killing off all but one person a long time ago...*sigh*...:choc2:

Dude1972
03-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeep..Final Fantasy IV is indeed a good game!

minki
03-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Currently playing the GBA version: I just parted ways with the twins and picked up Cid for the party.