PDA

View Full Version : So, how did YOU feel...(Spoilers)

wingHEART
03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
...when Aeris died?

I always hated her, but when I watched the death scene I was kinda sad :/ even though she annoyed me. i mean, that's gotta suck, she tried to save the planet and ends up getting sliced by Sephiroth. And "Aeris Theme" was so emotional...xD

what was your reaction?

Shiny
03-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Suprised that they killed off a main character and sad. Now everytime I hear Aeris's theme I get emotinal.

Tempest
03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Suprised that they killed off a main character and sad. Now everytime I hear Aeris's theme I get emotinal.
Same here.

Aeris' death was the first time I've ever cried for a video game character.

gyaku_zuki
03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
My first thought was "hey, anyone for a phoenix down?" but then... i thought, nah they cldnt kill off her...
i thought she might be revivable by some compulsory part of the storyline...
ever since then, when i play ff7, now that i know she will die, i always feel sorry for her, and i try to use her as much as possible, and date her, cos i know shes gonna die... lol, kinda worrying, feeling sorry for a bunch of ones and zeroes...

BUT ITS MUCH MORE THAN THAT!

starseeker
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I cried, the only other time that happened for a game was the X ending.

TheBrent
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
I got mad and threw my controller at the floor, she was in my main party >.<

XxSephirothxX
03-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Just a little sad. Since I knew it was going to happen, it was pretty hard to be very effected by the event.

cloud_doll
03-16-2006, 11:18 PM
It was really sad for me. I always thought she was annoying too, I never really used her so it didn't affect me but her song was sad. But still that part is like, my favorite part in the game

theundeadhero
03-17-2006, 12:28 AM
I was shocked. Mouth droopy and all.

Captain Maxx Power
03-17-2006, 12:33 AM

Do yourself a favour : Don't play FF2 before bracing yourself. That game has the highest "main character" fatality rate out of any FF.

Hambone
03-17-2006, 02:04 AM
I just beat the game yesterday and now I have the right to state my opinion. Aeris kinda reminded me of Rikku from FFX. I didn't really "like" Aeris as a character. She was a little annoying. The part where she got stabbed is kinda fun to watch. Don't hate me!

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Just a little sad. Since I knew it was going to happen, it was pretty hard to be very effected by the event.

TheSpoonyBard
03-17-2006, 03:28 AM
I laughed. I could sense something like that was going to happen, and when it did I was thoroughly impressed.

Twilight Edge
03-17-2006, 04:20 AM
I cried aloud with sadness and despair.:crying:

First time I ever cried for a game character.:cry:

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2006, 04:39 AM
I laughed heartily.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
i knew she would before I started playing the game so for me it wasn't so much of a surprise

gyaku_zuki
03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Do yourself a favour : Don't play FF2 before bracing yourself. That game has the highest "main character" fatality rate out of any FF.

lol agreed, it really shocked me when i played it...

"Hey, my main characters are dropping like flies?!?!"

Crossblades
03-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Crop
03-17-2006, 03:51 PM
I was just pissed off, I worked her levels and skills up loads, but now if I ever play re-runs I dont use her. I didnt really find it emotional. I dont really get sad over computer games or movies for some reason.

~SapphireStar~
03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I was shocked and a tad bit upset, but I wasnt reduced to tears or anything. The music moved me though, such a heavy scene.

KoShiatar
03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I laughed heartily.
Aloud with mirth and merryment?

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I laughed heartily.

All encompasingly.

:D

Levian
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I didn't feel anything at all. :p I always thought Cloud & Co. would find some stupid way of reviving her within the end of the game.

Turns out they didn't. Oh well.

Ste "The Man" Sephiroth
03-18-2006, 04:12 AM
I was hopeing that I get to keep her materia. And what that green thing that fell from her hair band was?

But before all that I was like....OK Sephrith just stabbed Aeris, she's gonna get pi*sed off...seconds later it looked abvios as she died. I was like. WTF just happened?

Then Clouds bringing her to the water and Im like "hey WTF is happining, she's a main character she cant just die"

Then after a while i was like "Aeris is actually dead, where the hell did that come from?"

yeah it was probably the biggest thing that happened in the game.

Shiny
03-18-2006, 04:25 AM

I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I pick up Origins tomorrow.

Ryushikaze
03-18-2006, 06:41 AM
"Egads, sephiroth. You sir, are a wuss."

That's it. I didn't really get particularly emotional, because I kinda saw it coming.

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 07:15 AM

I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I pick up Origins tomorrow.

Just a note: You may not want to play FFIII or IV either :p

Anyway, I bet if everyone and their brother who had already played that game didn't talk about her getting shishkebobbed all the time, I just might have been surprised. It was still pretty emotional though. (The theme and what-not.)

Anniexo
03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I didn't have any reaction the only time i've ever had a reaction to a game was at the end of FF7 and FF10 FF7 i was very happy cus i had but on disk 3 for a lone time and FF10 maed me cry cus i was so happy and what Yuna said did it as well

KoShiatar
03-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I laughed heartily.

All encompasingly.

:D

:P

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 03:15 AM
I was 12, i cried......Only one tear though.........It was sad!!!!, doesnt make me less of a man. does it?!?!.

I was thinking about areis recently, Cloud thought he was Zack and Areis loved Zack. Coincedence? she was sort of psychic.

TheAbominatrix
03-19-2006, 03:25 AM
No, Cloud didnt think he was Zack. Cloud thought he was in SOLDIER as Zack had been, essentially transposing himself with Zack and the events in Nibelhiem. But Cloud always knew himself as Cloud Strife of Nibelhiem, never Zack of Gongaga.

Aerith, however, was heavily reminded of Zack when coming in contact with Cloud. She wasnt psychic, but she probably missed the hell out of her first love.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 05:37 AM
But looking at your post you can see why me and probrably some other people think that she liked Cloud BECAUSE he was copying Zack all the way through their (breif) relationship.

Cloud thought he was in SOLDIER as Zack had been, essentially transposing himself with Zack and the events in Nibelhiem.

Aerith, however, was heavily reminded of Zack when coming in contact with Cloud she probably missed the hell out of her first love

This is pretty much what i said earlier.

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 05:39 AM
I didn't care

TheAbominatrix
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
But looking at your post you can see why me and probrably some other people think that she liked Cloud BECAUSE he was copying Zack all the way through their (breif) relationship.

Cloud thought he was in SOLDIER as Zack had been, essentially transposing himself with Zack and the events in Nibelhiem.

Aerith, however, was heavily reminded of Zack when coming in contact with Cloud she probably missed the hell out of her first love

This is pretty much what i said earlier.

Uh... no, you said Cloud thought he was Zack. He didnt. So it wasnt like he was liking Aerith for those reasons. Aerith, however, certainly liked him those reasons, yes.

Chris
03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I used to find it extremely emotional, but now, I guess the thrill is over. :)

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Albedo: In all honesty... I laughed my ass off. Just like I am now, reading some of the responses! *laughs maniacally*

chaos: Oh, Albedo puts in such a mean way. We did laugh though... that's where our respect for Sephiroth came from.

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2006, 11:19 PM
my thoughts: (geez...i don't see why everyone's so upset...i mean all of the characters are exactly the same in gameplay...it's not like i spent 5 hours just to get a limit break i'd never be able to use on sephy...HEY!!!...don't dead bodies float?...hmm...i'm hungry...why am i always hungry whenever i'm watching an ff fmv?...wow...they look like leggos...eh...i never used her anyway...)

Cowboys From Hell
03-21-2006, 07:40 AM
I was pissed that my brother told me about it as soon as i entered the ancient capital. He came into the kitchen to get some food. And then he asked me if areis had died yet. i didn't belave him. Then when it hapened i was like DAMN you.

mako_soldier97
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I wasn't suprised she died - i wasn't sad either. I didn't care for her in the party. She was too girly for me. I don't like the fact that Squaresoft made female characters so weak. In a way she was meant to die in order for Cloud and the gang to find Holy and then help save the planet from Sephy. She did have the Holy Materia which the gang found. I'm surpised that she never knew who Cloud was considering she dated Zack. Kinda weird...but then again Cloud wasn't a SOLDIER he was only first class I believe. Each character has to play his or her role even if it means dying.

STDemon
03-31-2006, 09:18 PM
I liked her but I never really used her in battle. I just liked her for her dialogue and what not

a nirvana fan
03-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Its facinating how one game can make you so emotional in which you connect to the certain character enough it makes you feel real emotional feelings to him/her. But anyway I felt really sad when she died and suprised me a lot as she is a big role in Final Fantasy VII, with the whole ancients thing, she was also one of my favourite characters of all Final Fantasy, well she still is. DAMN YOU SEPHIROTH!! I dont mean that because Sephiroth is awsome but still DAMN YOU SEPHIROTH!!

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM
I didn't cry.

Doublehex
04-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I cried, which was the first time I ever did that for a videogame character. It was very emotional and moving.

Luara
04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
I knew she was going to die, and I thought it would be sad, but when that part came, and Cloud put her in the water... I couldnt stop laughting, because I was with this idea that he was drowning her, or watever

kikimm
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Like a lot of other people, I knew it was going to happen. So I wasn't too affected by it. Although I suppose it was a little emotional. But I hate Aeris, so I was kinda glad to see her go.