PDA

View Full Version : Worst in FF History

Shiny
03-16-2006, 09:26 PM
What's the worst Final Fantasy Character?
And while we're on this topic.
What's the worst Final Fantasy Villian?

Crossblades
03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Worst FF Character(s) - Relm, Tidus

Worst FF Villian - Necron

Winter Nights
03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Worst FF Character - Rikku
Worst FF Villian - Necron

Almighty God of Paper
03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Worst FF Character - Tidus
Worst FF Villain - Seymour

--One Winged Angel--
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
worst ff character - selphie

worst ff villian - kefka

Evastio
03-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Worst FF Character - Kain
Worst FF Villain - Kefka

Millions of people probably want me dead now. :cry:

I think Kain is the worst character just because he betrays Cecil. I know he's under Golbez' control but he let his jealousy of Cecil get the better of him which led to him being mind controlled. I really didn't like how he decided to threaten Cecil to get the Earth Crystal or he'd kill Rosa. That was Kain's idea. Not Golbez'. I don't like Kefka because he overdid the whole "villian" role way too much. Also he wasn't really that interesting. His actions have no purpose. I admit he is funny at times.

No offense to Kain and Kefka fans.

Zeromus_X
03-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't care about Cain so much, but yes, you will be eaten alive for Kefka :) :cat:

Worst FF Character: Allus. (Most NPCs that follow you around help you in that game.)

Worst Villian: Scarlet, Heidegger, Shinra Sr., Palmer, etc. More comic relief than villians. Meh. Rufus is okay though.

Tempest
03-16-2006, 11:26 PM

Yes. But, I'll let this slide since I'm feeling nice.

Worst FF Character - I didn't care for Krile.

Worst FF Villain - Necron and Seymour. Especially Seymour.

DarkLadyNyara
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Worst Character- Rinoa
Worst Villan- Necron

*~Angel Wing~*
03-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Worst Character: Aeris - She was the most pointless character ever. Quistis was annoying too, but she had more of a purpose than Aeris did.

Worst Villians: Shuyin & Leblanc. Enough said.

TheSpoonyBard
03-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Worst character(s): Steiner and Gau
Worst villain: Yu Yevon

Shiny
03-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Worst Character: Aeris - She was the most pointless character ever.
Aeris had a purpose.

I'll show my choices later.

Medi
03-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Worst Character - haven't decided yet, will edit my post later...

Worst Villian - Sephiroth (Does this guy have any point? Or is he just a wimpy momma's boy? Seriously, Sephiroth, Jenova is a 2000 year old alien, do you really think she gives a crap about you?)

thecapn
03-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Worst Character: Relm (ff6), "The Pigtailed Girl" (FF8)

Worst Villian: SEIFER! Why won't he die?

--One Winged Angel--
03-17-2006, 03:34 AM
wrong game man, relms from ff6

thecapn
03-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Yeah i know she's from 6, BUT "the pigtailed girl" (the girl Zell has a crush on) is from 8...just in case there are other random pigtailed girls running around the other ffs.

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Worst Character : Shadow...okay we get it you're an enigma...now go be a father to your equally annoying daughter.

Worst Villain : Zemus...or should I say ZEROMUS!?

Twilight Edge
03-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Worst character-Tidus,Barret,etc.etc.
Worst villian-Seymour.Full stop.

DeathKnight
03-17-2006, 06:55 AM

Worst Villian - Sephiroth (Does this guy have any point? Or is he just a wimpy momma's boy? Seriously, Sephiroth, Jenova is a 2000 year old alien, do you really think she gives a crap about you?)

Whooooooooo! My thoughts exactly.

He eats up the whole game with his stupid thoughts:irked:

Setzer Gabianni
03-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Just post your thoughts and move on.

Worst hero - Squall

Worst villain - KEFKA..

~SapphireStar~
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Worst character - Garnet
Worst Villian - Kuja

Quistis was annoying too, but she had more of a purpose than Aeris did.
Aeris had a more important role then Quistis.

The Last Oath
03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Worst Good Guy: Krile yep, she wasnt that good
Worst Villian: Got to be Necron, he just came out of no-where

Dell
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Worst Character: Rinoa/Edea, I hate this two bitch

Worst Villain: Ultimecia-I hate a villain to be girl

Cool Character: Kimahri-Go Kimahri Ronsos

Cool Villain: Sephiroth or Kuja? Both of them rocks.

just to add.

Sephiroth is the best villain I've ever seen followed by Kuja. Sin was a big dissapointment, Ultimecia can't be cool, Seymour is stupid, Yu Yevon is a weird big disappoinment guy. Seifer would make a better villain, Edea is a bitch, Shinra company sucks, Jenova might be cool but still suck

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2006, 09:08 PM

...Edea wasn't a bitch...

And why would you hate a villain just because they're female...some of the better villains of movies/games/books etc. have been female.

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 01:49 AM

I would just like to say what makes you think the person you believe to be your mother gives a crap about you.

Chris
03-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Worst FF Character:

I didn't really care for Irwine. I thought his role in the game was pretty bland and he didn't exactly have the most lines either. He didn't really have a personality except for his skirt-chasing behaviour.

Worst FF Villian:

Probably Sin.

Acid Raine
03-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Character - Probably Zell. It was too bad (according to FE) FFVIII was in 15-something. That was before the age where parents were sticking their slightly energetic kids on Ritalin

Villain - Kuja. I just dislike those villains who laugh every time you try to hurt them. (Sephiroth fits in this category, but he is too cool) I mean, you hit Kefka, he at least cries and runs away! But Kuja bleeds from the forehead, and all his does is laugh. >-< SO IRRATATING!

Shiny
03-18-2006, 03:13 AM
I would just like to say what makes you think the person you believe to be your mother gives a crap about you.
...WTF dude, I hope you were joking.

...Edea wasn't a bitch...

And why would you hate a villain just because they're female
Exactly.

Character - Probably Zell. It was too bad (according to FE) FFVIII was in 15-something. That was before the age where parents were sticking their slightly energetic kids on Ritalin
Oh my Jebus. Hahaha!

Worst Villian: LeBlanc (She wasn't even a villian at all. Not bad enough to be. She's just a whiny pain in the butt! And the way she was dressed...ugh her voice was way too annoying to be found attractive. She reminds me of people who are overly bossy, whiny, bratty, and obssesive.)
I'll post my worst character pic later.

Ouch!
03-18-2006, 04:18 AM
There are too many characters that I dislike, it's hard to choose. I'll name those that bother me the most: Yuna, Rikku, Tidus, Eiko, Rinoa, Selphie, Cait Sith, and Celes. As you may have guessed, I think that Squaresoft/Enix has continually failed when it comes to most female protagonists.

Worst villain? Ultimecia, hands down. Necron didn't bother me too much. He wasn't as much of a surprise as most people seem to think if you actually paid attention. They did mention a guardian of the Crystal, after all.

Captain Maxx Power
03-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Worst FF Char : Quina - stupid, pointless, unnecessary etc. I always rename her "Jar Jar Binks"
Worst FF Villain : Probably Necron. I don't consider bad guys "worst", but some are just cooler than others. For example Kefka > Anyone else.

~SapphireStar~
03-18-2006, 02:06 PM

How sexist! Women have every right to be villians as men do. We dont all have to be goody-goodys!

Dreddz
03-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Worst Character - Yuna ( X-2 )
Worst Villain - Queen Brahne

Vivisteiner
03-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Worst hero - Squall

Worst villain - Seifer

Squall: A bit of a loser.
Seifer: does this guy have a life?

Avathar
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Worst Character: Tidus

Worst Villain: Kuja

Tidus-Irritating, dumb, a bit wussy, and dumb.

Kuja-Total gayness, a drama queen, and suffocating ego.

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Worst Characters - Everyone except Zidane & Garnet.

Worst Villian - All of them

Crossblades
03-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Worst Characters - Everyone except Zidane & Garnet.

Worst Villian - All of them

Being a bit closeminded aren't we? :p

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Garnet: LOL, I posted that, and you can say I've had quite a change in personality. Okay, in all seriousness.

Worst Character - Cloud (overrated)

Worst Villain - X-Death (what the hell kind of name is that?)

Jessweeee♪
03-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Worst character: sephiroth(gaa! dont' hurt me for sayin that) and aeris
Worst Villain: Seymour (he was a sucky character too)

Sephy was just a really strong dude and a mamma's boy, and Seymour was just a weak mamma's boy (not as obvious). Aeris was just an annoying character. She really bugged me, AND she just sunk when she died. How weird is that? Don't dead bodies float a little? The certainly don't sink like she did!

Ballistix Man
03-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Worst Charachter: Steiner
Worst Villian: Vegnagun. Wait that was a villian right?

Sanji
03-30-2006, 08:50 AM
argh... worst character SEPHIROTH?!?!?!?!?!!?!worst villain SEPHIROTH?!?!?!? GrRRr... you guys cant tell that when they're many lame characters such as... Seymour, Kuja, TIDUS, and Yuna to blame...!
WORST character: Yuna and Tidus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worst Villain: Seymour,Vegnagun (piece of crap... XD), Sin ( what's whale doing in FF anyway?!XD)

Rengori
03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Character: Tidus
Villian: Seymour

what's whale doing in FF anyway?!XD
Never played FFIV did you?

Wuggly Blight
03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Worst Char: The entire cast of the FFX series, If I cant have that Ill pick Rikku the noob fodder.
Worst Villian: Seymore

DMKA
03-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Worst character: Umaro
Worst villian: Biggs (FFVIII)

Vivi123
04-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Worst character: Quina and Yuiffe
Worst villian: Thor and Zhor

Ramza Beoulve
04-01-2006, 06:29 AM
W. Character: Seymour
W. Villian: Necron

feioncastor
04-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Worst FF Char : Quina - stupid, pointless, unnecessary etc. I always rename her "Jar Jar Binks"
Worst FF Villain : Probably Necron. I don't consider bad guys "worst", but some are just cooler than others. For example Kefka > Anyone else.
I am quoting this because it is also my opinion. But, being forced to offer another opinion, I will do so now.

Worst FF game: X-2 (derp)
Worst FF Character (nonvillian): Yuna or Rikku (tie)
Worst FF Villian: The Dark King (from FFMQ).

For those of you who don't know, you are given virtually no exposition to The Dark King. Seriously, you don't even hear about him until about 10 minutes before it's time to fight him. You don't even know that he exists through MOST of the game. Then suddenly, one of the other characters is like, "OMG WE GOTTA KILL THE DARK KING", so you set off to kill him, and end the game. It's almost like the developers finished the game up to that point, then they were like, "Oh, jeez, we forgot to put in a final boss... But it would be too much work to redo the whole game and fit him into the story... So we'll just make some stuff up and throw some dialog in right before you fight him to make it seem like the characters knew it all along, but just failed to mention it"

Something like that.

Prancing Mad
04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Worst villain: HANDS DOWN Zorn and Thorn. The only way to withstand their awful dialogue is to click through as fast as possible, reading the beginnings of each of their sentences. That way you end up with one full sentence instead of inappropriate repetition. I was HAPPY when i got to beat the tar out of them. When they died I was happy 'cause I knew I wouldn't have to read their lines 'til the next play through

DarkLadyNyara
04-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Kuja-Total gayness, a drama queen, and suffocating ego.

HEATHEN!!!

DMKA
04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Worst FF game: X-2 (derp)
The thread didn't ask this. Troll.

Carmilla
04-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Hmm, i think this thread is more interesting than the typical who is the bestest threads... :p

Worst character - Edward - Cowardly good for nothing. No backbone, no strength, no magic, no nothing. He even has a Hide command!

Worst villain - X Death - Seriously, what kind of name is that? Why not just name him Major Pain or Captain Kill? :rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Sephiroth was a really cool villain...just a sucky character...

Shiny
04-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Worst character: sephiroth(gaa! dont' hurt me for sayin that) and aeris
Worst Villain: Seymour (he was a sucky character too)

Sephy was just a really strong dude and a mamma's boy, and Seymour was just a weak mamma's boy (not as obvious). Aeris was just an annoying character. She really bugged me, AND she just sunk when she died. How weird is that? Don't dead bodies float a little? The certainly don't sink like she did!
Heh heh, I don't think Square understands the concept of buoyancy. I agree with the Seymour as a sucky villian thing. His motives were cliche (oh I WANT MORE POWER) although the thing about him that was interesting is that he died but didn't want to remain dead for the pure fact that he was unfufilled. That's why I think LeBlanc is worst than him.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
His motives were cliche (oh I WANT MORE POWER)

No, he wanted to 'save Spira from the pain of life', by bringing death as Sin. Becoming Sin and being all-powerful and what-not was just a way to get closer to that goal. :cat: He thought that people couldn't be truly free from suffering in life, so death was the obvious solution. (To him.) Sounds kinda Necron-y, but no, his motive is definitely not cliched. :cat:

Shiny
04-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Ah, okay I see but the power thing definately plays a big role. Still not as bad a LeBlanc. She lacked a motive, a brain, a unique persona, and clothes. I don't even think I can call her villian...she's a character really. But the worst character of all...

Zidane. Reminded me of Titantic. Him wanting to rescue the girl (princess) from her so called miserable life. His rather cliched hero gets girl made me want to hurl into a waste bin. Not only that, but overall I just think that for the main character and main hero he should've have been developed more thoughtfully.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, yeah, most villians do want to become all-powerful and stuff. :p

Yeah, Leblanc isn't that great of a villian. I don't think X-2 was a well thought out game, but now's not the time for that..

Yeah, It's probably a throw-back to the older FFs. (Hero saves the princess and what-not.) I guess some might think that's cliched, but I never really think of those things :P :cat:

starseeker
04-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Worst Character: Cait Sith
Worst Villain:Leblanc

Alexander
04-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Worst Character: Squall. And Rinoa, but mostly Squall.

Worst Villain: Ultimecia. Btw, Necron just isn't a villain. He is just there. Kuja is FFIX's villain. And he does the job VERY well.

Seymour_Guado SOD
04-04-2006, 05:16 PM

Seymour is awesome!!! How could you put him as worst FF villan

anyway.....

Worst FF Char.- Lulu

Worst FF Vill.- Shuyin

Tempest
04-05-2006, 12:54 AM

Seymour is awesome!!! How could you put him as worst FF villan
Hey! I'm entitled to my own opinion. :p
He's just creepy looking and for some reason him trying to marry Yuna really irked me.