PDA

View Full Version : First impressions?

TheSpoonyBard
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
My fiancée played FFX for the first time last night. Here's what she said.

(About Tidus)
Her: "Is that a guy?"
Me: "Yes."
Her: "Really? He looks like a girl."

(Listening to Otherworld)
Me: "Do you know who this song is by?"
Her: *Thinks* "... Rammstein?"
Me: *Laughs* (Everyone thinks Otherworld is by Rammstein.)

(Sphere Grid tutorial)
Her: "I don't get it."

(Just before fighting Klikk)
Her: "Do I actually have to do anything in this game, or is it just a film?"

What were your first impressions of FFX?

IceAngel
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
(when I first saw the trailer in the game shop)

OMG are they the real time graphics?!!

Little Blue
03-16-2006, 10:11 PM
I honestly can't remember, it was so long ago.

But somewhat of a first impression was when I started a new game a few months ago (my first new game for over a year, or two) was: "so, when does this story get interesting?"

My question was soon answered when Auron showed up in Luca.

I was showing the game to my Dad and he asked the same thing. (I was at Zanarkand when everyone was just sitting around for half an hour)

Tavrobel
03-17-2006, 01:26 AM

My exact words. Otherwise, I was alright with it, until I got to Yunalesca, and kept dying because my HPs were too low. I still won, but the 20 minute cutscene got annoying having to see it 100 times. Good thing there was an FMV right after the fight, ior else my eyes would have burnt out seeing the same thing over... and over... and over...

SammieBabe
03-17-2006, 01:34 AM

(About Tidus)

Meg Ryan to be specific. :)

Yuna_wannabe
03-17-2006, 01:40 AM
WOW tidus looks like Meg Ryan,
Lulu, WAYYY to much Clevege,
Auron== sexy
COOL its all Video! SWEET!
god damn Blitzball...

That basically sums up my first impressions.

Shiny
03-17-2006, 02:16 AM

Wait, Otherworld isn't by Rammstein? :x_x:

My first impressions...
Auron: Very, very cool. I loved his voice, because it fit so well with the character.
Tidus: Whiny and annoying. He also looks over tanned. Like one of the Gottis or somethin'.
Rikku: Cute, but I feel they were trying to go for that bubbly character thing. I think she was pretending to be something she wasn't.
Yuna: Nice, but she's way too dependent.
Kimahri: Quiet...good. A character that knows how to shut up.
Wakka: Jamaica man, eh?
Lulu: Gothic or just dark?
There's sexual tension between her and Wakka.
Seymour: EWWW! WTF is that?! (I said that aloud when I first saw him.)
Maester Kinoc: What an intense guy.

TheSpoonyBard
03-17-2006, 02:18 AM
'Otherworld' is performed by Bill Muir of 'xtillidiex', composed by Nobuo Uematsu, and the lyrics are by Alexander O. Smith.

Slade
03-17-2006, 03:36 AM
The only thing I can remember thinking when I first played FFX was how bad Tidus and Yuna's voice acting was. The rest was fine. I was very impressed with the feild screen graphics, they were nice. I also remember thinking that the FMVs weren't that much better than the PS1 FMVs.

Dell
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM

(About Tidus)

(Listening to Otherworld)

(Sphere Grid tutorial)
Her: "I don't get it."

What were your first impressions of FFX?

What, you're about to married! :eek: I thought you were 17 or 18 like that. Anyway, I wish you a happy life with your bride.

Anyway,

Yeah, Tidus did cry, that something a grown-up man should'nt do. He face almost look like a girl, except you can see he don't wear any protective to his ***.

About the otherworld, I forget about it.

I was confused about the sphere grid at my first time playing too. That's why I screwed up a lot. Just a little try, I know about it full-fledgely.

That's my first impression when I was playing my first RPG game, Tales of Destiny 2 and Final Fantasy 7. I ask my friend, can I skip this or can I do it later, it is a storyline base, can I put it in auto-mode?

Overall, My first impression about FFX:

1. What a good graphic! And they have sounds too.
2. I wonder if this a good game or not, hard game or not, fun game or not and many-many-many-many- thoughts.

FFX is my first game after I bought PS2 in this year January.

Eiko Guy
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
my first thought was who's that sexybeast *1 hour later* kinahri okay

*runs to look up kimahri hentai*

that about sums it up

Social Moon Firesky
03-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I basically fell in love with the graphics/fact that there was voice-acting/Seymour/Lulu. Apart from that, I really didn't know much about the game, because they don't tend to get advertised very well in Britain. (i.e. No adverts on TV/radio/posters - At least, not that I've seen)

After buying the game and completing it, I'm happy to say that the game impressed me a lot, except for the odd time where the tone of voice wasn't quite right (IMO), or where Yuna acted all stupid and was basically a doormat, and when I had to kill Seymour (:cry:).

~SapphireStar~
03-18-2006, 02:13 PM
I was in awe at the graphics of it. I'd been looking forward to it for years, the voices were ok, nothing to go crazy over.

Apart from that, I really didn't know much about the game, because they don't tend to get advertised very well in Britain. (i.e. No adverts on TV/radio/posters - At least, not that I've seen)
The only advertising it got was in computer games mags, which also sold preview DVDs of FFX.

Vivisteiner
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
First Impressions at the very beggining.

OKay why the hell is Tidus standing still for minutes in this FMV.............5 mins later. Damn im meant to be controllin him....its not an FMV its real gameplay!

Drool over graphics.

Ashley Schovitz
03-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Hmm, as 9 was my first FF and after I really enjoyed it and heard that they were coming out with 10 and I saw commercials for it I got excited and said whoah, most amazing graphics, proibably the beast for PS2 and I really enjoyed X probably comes in 2nd to IX.

Mirage
03-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I wasn't really too amazed over the graphics. They're not anything special compared to MGS2's graphics.

I just thought it was a bit too happy, and that I didn't like the voice actors at the beginning very much. When it comes to Tidus' voice, that opinion didn't change later either. I was pretty amazed over the CG movies though. I was getting tired of seeing loads of compression artifacts in the PS1 games, and the increased details and resolution along with the decrease of compression garbage really blew me away.

I liked the battle system, but wasn't too fond of the battle theme. The rest of the music proved to be okay, but that's not really appliciable when it comes to first impressions.