PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Trials help.

Persocom.Rydia
03-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Ok. I know this might have already been answered but I've been through a million and a half forums looking for this and I can't find where I found it before. I was obsessed with the SNES game and I have constantly played it over the years so when it came out on GBA I had to get it... now I have to admit something that I've never had to admit with this game before:

I'm lost.

How do you get to the Lunar Trials? I've looking the Moon and underground up and down (literally).

And also - where is this stupid face rock that everyone says is there?

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 06:57 AM
First, you'll have to have beaten the game at least once. It shows you the Lunar Ruins opening up in a little cut-scene after the credits. (You have to wait until after "The End".) The Maoi is north-east of the Lunar Palace. Just search for it, the Moon isn't that big:cat:

Persocom.Rydia
03-17-2006, 07:01 AM
I feel like such a noob. I've played this game for sooo long then things pop up about it that I've never seen before and I cry. Thank you for your help.

What is the whole point of this Maoi?

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, it's a reference to the "face" that we thought we saw on the moon (that looked strinkingly like a Maoi from Easter Island. Y'know, those faces.), but later with better resolution images we found out that it was just a crater or something. (I don't remember what it was for sure.)

So just a reference the developers put in there, being the moon and all. (The Maoi has appeared in FFV, FFVII, and FFVIII, that I know of.) When I was ten and played this game on my SNES all the time, I used to think there was some sort of secret to the "face", like a secret area or something. So I thought it was awesome when they put the secret dungeon in the GBA remake there. (Lunar Ruins is only in the GBA btw.)

The point of the Maoi anyway, in the GBA version, is that the Lunar Ruins entrance is right below it, when it opens up. It looks like a staircase. :cat: Other than that, it's just a funny reference.

Persocom.Rydia
03-17-2006, 07:27 AM
The bad thing is about it, right before GMail notifier poped up to say that I had a reply on this post - I found YOUR post about the face on the moon. Sad huh?

The bad thing... I've played that game for god knows how many years... never seen it till now.