PDA

View Full Version : Pink's "Stupid Girls" video is the worst thing i've ever seen

faster skating penguin
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM
It's so stupid it boogles my mind. There's this line where she talks about what ever happened to wanting a women president, and then at the end it has some girl looking over, debating wether to play with barbies or a FOOTBALL YEAH FOOTBALL RAAAUAUAGAHAHHGHSGAH as if it would decide the rest of her life, and the ending message is pretty much ALRIGHT GIRLS IF YOU DONT PLAY FOOTBALL AND WORK OUT AND LOOK LIKE A MAN/LESBIAN YOU'RE A STUPID VALLEY GIRL or something like that.

Funny, considering GUYS who play football are usually stereotyped as being stupid.

discuss how much this video sucks

(hey, this should probably be in the Lounge Forum, huh? move it i guess)

Shaun
03-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Let me guess. It's English? Yet another reason why I'm ashamed of living in England.

Levian
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
As my good friend Nik0tine would say, brain liposuction.

kikimm
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Ugh yes, I hate that video/song for those same reasons. She also says something along the lines of, if you're not a outcast/loner, than you're nothing and you're not going anywhere in life. Stupid woman. >=(

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Finally, someone else acknowledges how pointless and horrible that music video was.

Markus. D
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
she bitched about paris hilton AND jessica simpson.

tis shiz awesome.

SeeDRankLou
03-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Finally, someone else acknowledges how pointless and horrible that music video was.
I think that was the point of the video.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 04:02 PM
she bitched about paris hilton AND jessica simpson.

tis shiz awesome.
The entire world makes fun of those two. Which is just one more reason why Pink is a hack.

Anaisa
03-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Let me guess. It's English? Yet another reason why I'm ashamed of living in England.
Don't worry, Pink's American. Pink's whined before about being ugly, she's just attempting to make herself feel better by pretending that all good looking women are morons. An if she thinks being a female president is so much better than being a pop tart, why is she working in the music industry an not politics?

Leeza
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I liked the video and the message that she has tried to get out to the girls. Message being: be yourself and enjoy being a kid while you are a kid. Don't fall for all of the advertising that you see about how you need to be skinny to get anywhere in this world, etc., etc. I think you all are barking up the wrong tree with your views on this video.

Lindy
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I laughed my head off throughout the entire thing, and the ending was gold.

starseeker
03-17-2006, 07:17 PM
It a parody of popular culture, I find it funny. (I'm a science geek)

~SapphireStar~
03-17-2006, 07:47 PM
I liked the video and the message that she has tried to get out to the girls. Message being: be yourself and enjoy being a kid while you are a kid. Don't fall for all of the advertising that you see about how you need to be skinny to get anywhere in this world, etc., etc. I think you all are barking up the wrong tree with your views on this video.
Well said.

Rye
03-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Exactly. Whether you like the song or not, it still at least has a nice message.

Vincent Valentine
03-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Don't worry, Pink's American. Pink's whined before about being ugly, she's just attempting to make herself feel better by pretending that all good looking women are morons. An if she thinks being a female president is so much better than being a pop tart, why is she working in the music industry an not politics?
That wasn't her point in the slightest. The message she's trying to get across in that video is about how many woman (not all) have become so obsessed with the pursuit of superficial TV marketed beauty at the expense of their very own identities.

She didn't say it's wrong to be sexy. But there's a very big different between wanting to look sexy, and destroying your body (hence the scene with the girl throwing up in the bathrom), or becoming nothing more than a walking sex object (The Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson parodies).

The song (and video) is a parody, though there is quite a serious message underneath it all. Personally, though I am not a huge fan of pop, it's a decent piece of music that, unlike most of the thrash out there nowadays, actually has something worthwhile to say.

And it's good to finally see something saying it too. Even if it means that only a few thousands more young woman and girls learn to treat themselves as little more than walking sex objects... Mission accomplished!

ALRIGHT GIRLS IF YOU DONT PLAY FOOTBALL AND WORK OUT AND LOOK LIKE A MAN/LESBIAN YOU'RE A STUPID VALLEY GIRL or something like that.
The point of the girl taking the football was the show that this girl has a right to do as she chooses regardless of her gender. She has a right to play football if she wants, or any sort of activity that isn't commonly considered "feminine", instead of listening to the other side of her consience (and the TV, or society in general) that tries to tell her that she has to be a walking bimbo to make it as a woman in this world.

Zeldy
03-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Its so catchy, I really like it xD

Anaisa
03-17-2006, 08:46 PM
That wasn't her point in the slightest. The message she's trying to get across in that video is about how many woman (not all) have become so obsessed with the pursuit of superficial TV marketed beauty at the expense of their very own identities.

But in that video the president is made to look like an unfeminine frump. Where as the women who are portrayed to be superficial are intended to look pretty. Also, the superficial women are made out to be morons. So there is also a message there that is saying if you want to be an intelligent woman, you have to be an unfeminine frump. An if you are concerned with your appearance, your a moron.

Vincent Valentine
03-17-2006, 09:06 PM
But in that video the president is made to look like an unfeminine frump.
http://myspace-276.vo.llnwd.net/00470/67/23/470743276_l.jpg

She doesn't look particularly unfeminine or frumpy to me there. Just dignifed. And even if she was, you're missing the point.

1) She should be allowed to look at frumpy or as unfeminine as she wants, and still be taken seriously as a woman. It is her choice, after all.

2) http://myspace-722.vo.llnwd.net/00470/22/75/470745722_l.jpg
Wouldn't you agreed that this woman looks far more unfeminine and frumpy?

3) The emphasis of that line in the song was to talk about how such goals by many woman in modern society have all but died - how the feminist movement has become nothing more than joke. And it makes sense that she would look like how you would expect a president to look during a speech. Tidy, and in a suit.

Where as the women who are portrayed to be superficial are intended to look pretty.
I honestly don't follow you here. Can you give me an example of that in the video?

Also, the superficial women are made out to be morons.
The superficial women are morons.

So there is also a message there that is saying if you want to be an intelligent woman, you have to be an unfeminine frump. An if you are concerned with your appearance, your unintelligent.
No, there isn't. She isn't saying you have to be a rocket scientist. In fact, there is a scene that emphasises the stupidity of being completely unfeminine and "frumpy" - The scene where the teacher shows the girls how to "be womanly". One end of the scale is just as bad as the other.

She's saying: Be whatever the fuck you want to be. Don't think there's only one choice as to what that can be. Which is one hell of a major problem in modern society, as I'm sure you'll agree. It stands true for both genders. Men get it just as bad, trust me. I know from personal experience, due to some of my more "feminine" personality traits.

You have to remember one very simple thing though: the video itself is a parody, and by that basic defintion it's imagery is exaggerated and not meant to be taken literally. It's poking fun for the most part. The message still stands though.

Anaisa
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
She doesn't look particularly unfeminine or frumpy to me there. Just dignifed. And even if she was, you're missing the point.

1) She should be allowed to look at frumpy or as unfeminine as she wants, and still be taken seriously as a woman. It is her choice, after all.Unfeminine frumpy women would be taken far more seriously in politics, than young, good looking, stylish women. So if she wanted to make a point about being taken seriously as a female an looking however you like. She shouldn't have made the president the typical unfeminine frump.

2) http://myspace-722.vo.llnwd.net/00470/22/75/470745722_l.jpg
Wouldn't you agreed that this woman looks far more unfeminine and frumpy?I would agree that she looks far more frumpy, but not more unfeminine. But that woman is old fashioned, so she will look frumpy.

I honestly don't follow you here. Can you give me an example of that in the video?
The women are supposed to be looks obsessed bimbos, an their supposed to look pretty.
The superficial women are morons.
Sorry, that should have been "superficial". Pink's related people caring about their appearance, or being insecure about their appearance, as being morons.

No, there isn't. She isn't saying you have to be a rocket scientist. In fact, there is a scene that emphasises the stupidity of being completely unfeminine and "frumpy" - The scene where the teacher shows the girls how to "be womanly". One end of the scale is just as bad as the other.
That woman is supposed to be old fashioned, which is why she appears frumpy, she's not supposed to be butch.
She's saying: Be whatever the smurf you want to be. Don't think there's only one choice as to what that can be. Which is one hell of a major problem in modern society, as I'm sure you'll agree. It stands true for both genders. Men get it just as bad, trust me. I know from personal experience, due to some of my more "feminine" personality traits.

Yeah, I know alot of men who get flack for not being "manly enough".

Venom
03-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Pink is the meanest transvestite ever.:cry:

Acid Raine
03-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Its so catchy, I really like it xD

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I know alot of men who get flack for not being "manly enough".

Me too, and I'm one of the ones I know.

faster skating penguin
03-18-2006, 12:36 AM
there are far too many positive comments in this thread

stay on topic please :)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-18-2006, 01:37 AM
awww, i found it peachy :)

Chris
03-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Pink has always been tasteless, but the girl can sing.

Venom
03-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Pink's message was all good but she definetly most likely offended alot of teenage girls.

Meat Puppet
03-18-2006, 02:54 AM
The president of Finland is a woman.

Anaisa
03-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Is she a frump?

Madame Adequate
03-18-2006, 03:13 AM
She's saying: Be whatever the smurf you want to be. Don't think there's only one choice as to what that can be. Which is one hell of a major problem in modern society, as I'm sure you'll agree. It stands true for both genders. Men get it just as bad, trust me. I know from personal experience, due to some of my more "feminine" personality traits.

Am I the only one hugely amused by the irony of telling people not to let people tell them what to do or who to be?

And typically, as with all feminism, the only options are to be a rough, tomboyish girl who doesn't play by the rules, or a blonde, foolish Stepford Wife. There isn't actually any CHOICE at all, because if you make the 'wrong one' it can only possibly have happened because you're stupid and vainglorious, not because it's what you actually want to be.

The only legitimate way to tell someone what to be is to never tell them what to be.

kikimm
03-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Is she a frump?

I might be wrong, but I think she's the one that looks a lot like Conan O'Brian.

BahamutGurl
03-18-2006, 04:52 AM
The song wasn't all that bad. I didn't care she made fun of Paris Hilton because I HATE HER!!!!!!She gets what she deserves I guess

Moon Rabbits
03-18-2006, 04:53 AM
I agree with what Vincent Valentine said.

1) She should be allowed to look at frumpy or as unfeminine as she wants, and still be taken seriously as a woman. It is her choice, after all.

Unfeminine frumpy women would be taken far more seriously in politics, than young, good looking, stylish women. So if she wanted to make a point about being taken seriously as a female an looking however you like. She shouldn't have made the president the typical unfeminine frump.

I fail to see how an unfeminine frumpy woman would be taken more seriously...I'll listen to someone so long as they know what they're talking about.

ALRIGHT GIRLS IF YOU DONT PLAY FOOTBALL AND WORK OUT AND LOOK LIKE A MAN/LESBIAN YOU'RE A STUPID VALLEY GIRL or something like that.

I like how you put man/lesbian...way to be open-minded and not stereotype all lesbians as manly women...

Captain Maxx Power
03-18-2006, 11:18 AM

You sir don't deserve to live in our fine country with an attitude like that!

And no, it isn't English. It's American, the land of sillyness.

Anaisa
03-18-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree with what Vincent Valentine said.

Unfeminine frumpy women would be taken far more seriously in politics, than young, good looking, stylish women. So if she wanted to make a point about being taken seriously as a female an looking however you like. She shouldn't have made the president the typical unfeminine frump.

I fail to see how an unfeminine frumpy woman would be taken more seriously...I'll listen to someone so long as they know what they're talking about. Theres a reason why all female politicians are unfeminine or/and frumpy. Its not just a coincidence.

I like how you put man/lesbian...way to be open-minded and not stereotype all lesbians as manly women...
Pink's whole video revolves around stereotypes.
I might be wrong, but I think she's the one that looks a lot like Conan O'Brian. So she's a manly woman....
You sir don't deserve to live in our fine country with an attitude like that! Your not from the north west of England are you Maxx? I'm quite sure you can't be, because if you were, you would understand what inclines him to think that way.

Captain Maxx Power
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Your not from the north west of England are you Maxx? I'm quite sure you can't be, because if you were, you would understand what inclines him to think that way.

Actually I'm from the North East ;)

Giga Guess
03-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I like it actually.

Rengori
03-19-2006, 07:17 AM
What the cat lover said.

And America is the land of sillyness. I don't know what England is. But acording to a flash movie I saw, it's the land of Harry Potter and Truffles!

Rusty
03-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I think it's the stupidest thing out. Pink needs a reality check or a slap around the face or something.

thecapn
03-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I think it's the stupidest thing out. Pink needs a reality check or a slap around the face or something.

It's supposed to be stupid. She's mocking what's really out there right now. I'm not flaming you or anything but in your sig you've got Christina Aguilera, who in the SAME album, released a song about finding your inner voice and being who you are, and then one about being "dirrty" and getting all roudy half naked in an underground wrestling match. Ya ok, all pop stars need a reality check.

Rusty
03-19-2006, 01:56 PM
It's supposed to be stupid. She's mocking what's really out there right now. I'm not flaming you or anything but in your sig you've got Christina Aguilera, who in the SAME album, released a song about finding your inner voice and being who you are, and then one about being "dirrty" and getting all roudy half naked in an underground wrestling match. Ya ok, all pop stars need a reality check.

But, I'm not offended by Dirrty - I love that song, fanastic to dance too by the way. I just think it's stupid when a star has a go at other stars like this. It's like 'be more original - instead of having a go at stars for things you don't agree with go and promote a image you think should be there'.

Pink isn't all clean herself. I'm pretty sure she's shown up to a few awards dressed in some costumes that are just as bad. I recall her dressing up in a skimpy devils costume for the MTV music awards and I'm sure there are dozens of pics out there her half naked. And she was in Lady Marmalade with Christina Aguilera.

Cuchulainn
03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Any POP star whuo trys to preach a message on social change is an idiot. Pink is no exception. The same girl preaching this is the same girl who got pop-pimped into a complete change of music style to sell more isn't it? mk.

POP AND POLITICS DON'T MIX. YOUR AUDIENCE ARE 12 YEARS OLD AND DON'T CARE.

At least Christina Aguilera knows who & what she is, someone for 12 year girls & gay men to dance to & someone for men-wh-should-know-better to lust after. YOU GO GIRL.

Thank You.

escobert
03-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Is she a frump?

I might be wrong, but I think she's the one that looks a lot like Conan O'Brian.
Wow she must be beutiful! Almost as beutiful as PiP!

childroland
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=faster skating penguin]It's so stupid it boogles my mind. There's this line where she talks about what ever happened to wanting a women president, and then at the end it has some girl looking over, debating wether to play with barbies or a FOOTBALL YEAH FOOTBALL RAAAUAUAGAHAHHGHSGAH as if it would decide the rest of her life, and the ending message is pretty much ALRIGHT GIRLS IF YOU DONT PLAY FOOTBALL AND WORK OUT AND LOOK LIKE A MAN/LESBIAN YOU'RE A STUPID VALLEY GIRL or something like that.

Funny, considering GUYS who play football are usually stereotyped as being stupid.

discuss how much this video sucks

You dumbass this video is about the stupid things women do. Pretty much she was trying to say STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LOOKS OR BEING ON TV OR ALL THAT AND START DOING THINGS THAT MATTER.Sorry if I am a little late on my view of this but well you are dumb. It is about the dumbthings girls do. Not hey go be a lesbian. It is do somthing that matters.

Rye
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll be perfectly honest and say that I could care less if Christina Aguilera were a little Alter Girl super clean girl or a slut, she sings AMAZING, and I'm not one for saying people's opinions suck, but in this case, if you say Christina Aguilera can't sing, you are deaf.

childroland
03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I agree she can sing very goodly

Mirage
03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Link to the video? :p

-edit-
Nevermind, found it.
Link for those who are interested.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3QzQ_B_bA&search=stupid%20girls

I'm pretty much indifferent. It didn't make me feel anything.

childroland
03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
yeh we want a link cause we do.

Sephex
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I thought the video was pretty funny. It's meant to be a parody of a lot of things going on today (from a woman's point of view). I don't know why some of you are taking it so seriously.

On a somewhat related note, a lot of women hate eachother, so it doesn't suprise me that something like this was made. After all when it comes to women thinking about other women, EVERYTHING is a competition.

childroland
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
yeh that is true

Leeza
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
childroland: do not call any members here dumb or refer to them as being a dumbass. If you cannot make your post without name calling then it is preferable that the post not be made.