PDA

View Full Version : Living in the past: EoFF origins

Stroo
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, Who started EoFF, how did you get the funding? what made you want to make it and what did you think it could achieve when you first started?

Luther X-Rated
03-17-2006, 04:40 PM
This is a very good question.....I don't know?
You will do anything it takes to get THE story won't you!!!!

Ki Ki
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I think it was that big guy up there who made this place. I think he was called Cid. I think. :choc2:

Lost Number
03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Cid a.k.a. Sean Robinson i belive

Shoden
03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
The great Cid created EoFF, he made the internet too. EoFF is payed by Chuck Norris posts. (another $4)
All I know is that Cid made EoFF and these forums, ask some olbies the rest.

Alive-Cat
03-17-2006, 04:53 PM
There was nothing, then...
A HUGE EXPLOSION EVERYONE WATCH OUT EOFF HAS COME OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMG!

Everyone knows the big bang created EOFF...:greenie:

Agent Proto
03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Once upon a time, on the Internets, there was this guy. His name was Sean Robinson, but online he likes to call himself Cid. So what did this Cid do? Well, he made a place on the Internet, and called it the Highwind, and advertised it on a Final Fantasy forum that we like to call FF:WA.

There he was, in the thread, he asked for some new members. Back then, advertising wasn't banned, so it was allowed and he got away with some new members.

Back on the Highwind, he made some of the new members moderators, or maybe even an admin. It was all cool because it was his forum, that he called the 'Highwind.' Then came along a new plan, he renamed his place 'Eyes on Final Fantasy'.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was just starting, on the EzBoard, and it grew. It was then the fastest growing FF forums to be, on the EzBoards. Soon he got bored with Ezboard, and he got rid of it and moved to Ultimate Bulletine Board (UBB), in less than a year, he got a vBulletin, which is a primitive version of the current vB that is today.

And from the past, to the present, there was only one person on the staff who stayed since the beginning, and it was not just ol' Cid. It was our good friend, the lovely bearded RSL.

McLovin'
03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I created it.

I am Cid's unteenth account.

escobert
03-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Once upon a time, on the Internets, there was this guy. His name was Sean Robinson, but online he likes to call himself Cid. So what did this Cid do? Well, he made a place on the Internet, and called it the Highwind, and advertised it on a Final Fantasy forum that we like to call FF:WA.

There he was, in the thread, he asked for some new members. Back then, advertising wasn't banned, so it was allowed and he got away with some new members.

Back on the Highwind, he made some of the new members moderators, or maybe even an admin. It was all cool because it was his forum, that he called the 'Highwind.' Then came along a new plan, he renamed his place 'Eyes on Final Fantasy'.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was just starting, on the EzBoard, and it grew. It was then the fastest growing FF forums to be, on the EzBoards. Soon he got bored with Ezboard, and he got rid of it and moved to Ultimate Bulletine Board (UBB), in less than a year, he got a vBulletin, which is a primitive version of the current vB that is today.

And from the past, to the present, there was only one person on the staff who stayed since the beginning, and it was not just ol' Cid. It was our good friend, the lovely bearded RSL.

Dammit Proto beat me :(

Levian
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
If it wasn't for Sean Robinson, I'd probably be out on the streets doing drugs right about now. But here I am, surfing eoff while thinking of limbless children in Africa and not laughing.

Cid
03-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I made it cause I didn't have anything better to do. And I didn't think it would actually be too popular. The forums were always more popular than the actual site... I'm not sure when that actually reversed, but it did. I didn't need funding cause I would put the site on hosting serves that threw banners and popups all over the place... and they were making a pretty penny on me. So I decided to get the site off of those spyware-installin' places, pay for my own server, and use the google ads to do so.

And thats how it went.

Shoden
03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Ah, the words of Cid the great, tell us some tales of the early days of EoFF oh great one!

eestlinc
03-17-2006, 10:36 PM
this place actually managed to exist for maybe a day before Raistlin joined, too.

Yamaneko
03-18-2006, 04:26 AM
And what a day it was I'm assuming.

Stroo
03-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys. O great Cid! I would have thought you mean cid as in Headmaster Cid from VIII. But no.
Been into space yet?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
ok

Psydekick
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
You did and are still doing a great job Cid!:D

Teek
03-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Oh great Cid! Your masterfulness makes me hardened with envy.

Vyk
03-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Hey, I want to brown-nose too~

I hope none of you are serious. Remember, Cid's human. Just like the rest of us

Though I am glad this site was originally started.

Caspian
03-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Wieners.

nik0tine
03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Ah, the words of Cid the great, tell us some tales of the early days of EoFF oh great one!
Do posts like this get annoying?

Cruise Control
03-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Do posts like this get annoying?You\'d think they would after a while.

Levian
03-21-2006, 10:29 AM
If by a while you mean instantly, then hell yeah.

Miriel
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Do you ever get freaked out by strange online people who seem to revere you?
YES. My wife makes fun of me hardcore. She finds it to be a great conversation piece: "My husband has a final fantasy website where thousands of people /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif their pants when he posts." It can be embarassing. But like I said before, if the praise is genuine and not sarcastic, I like it. I mean, I don't want to sound stuck up or anything, but, however unintentional, A LOT of people have had their lives changed things to EoFF. Meetings, relationships, marriages, pregnancies, drinking, drugs, shopping, etc. That just freaks me out sometimes. I like to think that I sorta, on accident, changed people's lives. I hope that doesn't sound stuck up, but it is fun to think about. I am in no way taking credit for what EoFF is today. EoFF today is the result of hundreds of additional helpers.

Teek
03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Don't you <b>dare</b> to speak of the greatness of Cid as if he were mere mortal! Cid is clearly above your jealous ideas.

-N-
03-21-2006, 11:55 AM
*adds more oldbie stories*

bipper
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Teh site never really got cool untill 07-12-2005. Scientific fact.

Bipper

Dignified Pauper
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
the EoFF Post never covered this story because no one cared. We found it easier to make up slander.

Del Murder
03-22-2006, 04:09 AM
this place actually managed to exist for maybe a day before Raistlin joined, too.
I thought Raistlin joined before it existed.

Christmas
05-06-2022, 11:04 AM

History of EoFF in one post. Nice! :bigsmile:

I wonder if people shit their pants nowadays when Del Murder post? :bigsmile:

I rmb i wet my diapers when i saw Cid post and made a baby when he made another? :bigsmile:

PS: The baby ran away and became Rantzien I think.