PDA

View Full Version : Regina Spektor

Rye
03-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Any fans of her? :) A friend of mine sent me a song of her collaborating with Amanda Palmer for a song which was cool, since I absolutly love Amanda Palmer. I liked her voice, it's like a jazzy vibrato voice, so I bought her "Mary Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by Regina Spektor" CD, and I like it. It's very different. :)

Timber Maniac
03-18-2006, 02:00 AM
She's alright. Doesn't really do much for me though. But she is really pretty.

If you're into Regina Spektor's music, also check out Hanne Hukkelberg, Mirah, or A Girl Called Eddy. They're in the same musical vein as Spektor, though I enjoy them more.

Luther X-Rated
03-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Hmmmm......I don't know who Regina Spektor is, but if I did know
her I'm sure I would have something to say about that person.

Aurey
03-18-2006, 02:51 PM
She's good. I've only heard Soviet Kitsch, but I really liked it. Her voice is great, kind of odd (in a good way). I love it.

If you're into Regina Spektor's music, also check out Hanne Hukkelberg, Mirah, or A Girl Called Eddy. They're in the same musical vein as Spektor, though I enjoy them more.

Ooh, I second A Girl Called Eddy and especially Hanne Hukkelberg, she's lovely. I still haven't listened to Mirah, I was planning on it, but I haven't really heard much about her.

Cz
03-18-2006, 06:39 PM
She's certainly different, and has a cool voice, but her music doesn't really do it for me. It's very 'Rye' though, which is cool. :D

Rye
03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Very Rye. xD I listen to so much stuff I don't even know what Rye would be. I guess a crazy chick on a piano would sum like, 50% of my favourite music.

She's alright. Doesn't really do much for me though. But she is really pretty.

Never heard of them, but I'll check them all outside sometime. :D Thankies!

Regina's voice is really cool, I love very vibrato-y voices.

Casey
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Can't say I am a fan, but that song ''The Flowers'' is just beautiful .:love: Very gangster!

Cz
03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Very Rye. xD I listen to so much stuff I don't even know what Rye would be. I guess a crazy chick on a piano would sum like, 50% of my favourite music. I'm making a Rye genre on my iPod as we speak. :thumb:

Rye
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Omg. xD What bands are on it?