PDA

View Full Version : What's the fishing mini-game like?

Rikku_007
03-18-2006, 02:11 AM
:confused: I'm going to start a character soon and I like fishing minigames but I have no idea what it's like in ff 11. Could someone tell me, please.:confused:

I have another question. Are the quests for secondary jobs hard. To be exact the summoner one.

Can you target and attack other players?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lionx
03-18-2006, 04:45 AM
The fishing system is now that you extend your rod and wait for a bite, then once you get a bite, the fish's stamina(or life) appears, you have to drain the entire life bar to be able to fish them up. Your rod during the bite will tug left or right, and you have to be pressing the opposite direction of the fish to get them to reel. If you press the same direction or when its at the center, you will GIVE the fish stamina.

Summoner is not that hard, just long because you need to find weathers.

And no you cant walk up to someone and smack em in the head. However the PvP mini-games Ballista and the newly introduced game, Brenner, allows friendly PvP.

Rikku_007
03-18-2006, 01:35 PM
:greenie: Thanks but what's Brenner like. I've never heard of it.:confused:

Lionx
03-18-2006, 11:12 PM
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/060210.html

Rikku_007
03-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Ok, thanks.

Another question: are there any unique items in this game (only one per server, or something of the sort)

Yeargdribble
03-19-2006, 07:05 AM
There are no unique, 'one per server' items. This is a good thing because if their were you and everyone else would have ZERO chance at getting such items even if they were added daily.

ThePheonix
03-20-2006, 01:42 AM
My brother (A.K.A. Rikku_007) says thanks but is too lazy to post it, so thanks. And I also have a question or two (I'm getting FFXI when I graduate from high school in 3 or so month):

1. Can me and my brother somehow tie our acounts together to pay less yet still be able to play at the same time? How do the accouns work?

2. How do sub jobs work, what do you get from your sub job? I know that a sub is max 1/2 the level of your main, but that basically it.

Thanks in advance.

Ouch!
03-20-2006, 01:46 AM
1. No. If you want to play at the same time, then you'll need to two seperate accounts.

2. Sub jobs grant you the abilities of that job (two-hour excluded) up to your sub's current level (capped at 1/2 the main, as you know). It also adds boosts to statistics. I'm pretty sure that some subs reduce certain stats. I think melee jobs without MP actually lower the MP pool of a job in most circumstances. That's it in a nutshell.

ThePheonix
03-20-2006, 01:55 AM
-So would having ninja as a sub for monk add on to the attack speed because of the 2nd dual wield?

-And can I start in one country and then move to another some time later?

Luc
03-20-2006, 03:14 AM
- I dunno anything about dual wield, so I can't answer that.

- Yes, you can.

Lionx
03-20-2006, 03:49 AM
'Only if the monk uses clubs, but that would be stupid, /NIN doesnt work well with MNK, use WAR.

Yeargdribble
03-20-2006, 03:54 AM
MNK has a Job Trait called Martial Arts that helps their H2H speed so using club would slow down their attacks and lower their damage quite a bit.

ThePheonix
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM
{I think I 'officially' took over this thread from my brother after posting so much more...lol}:choc2:

Ok, and I just used monk as an example, I'm not going to be using monk much, other that maybe to see what it's like. I'm planing on starting an Elvan.... in San'dora, and then after some time I'll praubably move to Windrust, which is where my brother is starting (a taru). Actually me and a whole bunch of kids I babysit (my brother & friends) are going to start this summer, and we're planing on meeting up in Windrust eventually(5 of us total including myself). Are thare any problems with this plan?

And I'm thinking of eventually going for dragoon, but I'm determined to start a red mage.

And is rdm the only job that gets fast cast passive abilities, or is it just that site that's bad?

Is there a website that outlines the abilities(passive and not) and such that is up to date? And in three months or so, would anyone be kind enough to provide us with a world pass? (is 1 good for 5 people, as I heard?)

I just checked here for the spells that can be learned, and it says that Paladins learn Shell IV on lvl.80... what's with that? isn't the max level supposed to be 75?

Thanks everyone who's being such great help!

Yeargdribble
03-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Ok, and I just used monk as an example, I'm not going to be using monk much, other that maybe to see what it's like. I'm planing on starting an Elvan.... in San'dora, and then after some time I'll praubably move to Windrust, which is where my brother is starting (a taru). Actually me and a whole bunch of kids I babysit (my brother & friends) are going to start this summer, and we're planing on meeting up in Windrust eventually(5 of us total including myself). Are thare any problems with this plan?

You can each solo to 10 in your home nations and might meet up to party in Valkurm around 10. If you wanted to eventually move to Windurst you could but honestly if you are starting in Sandy for the ring I'd say skip it. It's not worth it and there are better rings and it would save you a lot of grief to just start the race you want in the city you want to be in.

Also being able to play with your friends and get a head start one quests and missions at the same time will be far much more benefit than a ring that will be of very very minimal use.

And I'm thinking of eventually going for dragoon, but I'm determined to start a red mage.
And is rdm the only job that gets fast cast passive abilities, or is it just that site that's bad?

RDM is the only job that gets Fast Cast. There's no real need for you to have Fast Cast if you want to go DRG eventually. I will warn you that going DRG as your first main job is gonna be rough. Nobody likes DRGs (I do but I'm talking about the vast vast vast majority) and you'll get basically ZERO invites at some point in time. To even be considered for XP you'll have to spend months on end farming to earn gil and buy gear that would make you even quasi-passable as a DRG in most XP PTs.
I
If you are planning to level RDM and then DRG things are gonna be difficult for you. It'll go something like this:

Level RDM to 18 (RDM is probably one of the easiest starting jobs btw)
Get your subjob quest done.
Level BLM and WHM to 15 at least
Level RDM to 30
Unlock DRG
Unlock NIN
Level MNK as a sub for WAR probably to at least 12 (You'll have to level WAR to 6 on and off between this as a MNK sub)
Level NIN to 18 as a WAR sub (You might be able to get away with not doing this)
Level WAR to 24 with MNK sub
Level WAR 42-37 with NIN sub (You might get away with MNK sub but it'll be damn hard)
Level DRG to 75

It might be easier for you to start this way:

MNK to 18 (easy to do without WAR sub if you haven't done the subjob quest)
WAR to 30 (easier to get away with if you tell the PT you need 30 before doing advanced job quests)
Unlock and level DRG.

At some point you will probably want WHM as a sub for DRG at 60+ which means you'll need to level that up to around 37.

Is there a website that outlines the abilities(passive and not) and such that is up to date?

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

And in three months or so, would anyone be kind enough to provide us with a world pass? (is 1 good for 5 people, as I heard?)

I would but I'm the only person on this forum on Fenrir and everyone will suggest you go to Pandy or Midgard.

I just checked here for the spells that can be learned, and it says that Paladins learn Shell IV on lvl.80... what's with that? isn't the max level supposed to be 75?

There are a ton of spells that are programmed into the game that we can't use yet and our level cap doesn't allow. These are in the .dat files but non-accessible and many sites list them. You'll probably notice on sites like Alla that they are as a result of 'Auto-Collection'

Thanks everyone who's being such great help!

NP ^^

ThePheonix
03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Thank you... and I will have to lvl whm quite a bit anyways, as none of THEM can do the job properly, and I just want to start out in San'dora for other reasons, not because of the ring.

I'll try out all jobs and see what I like best.:)

-And one more thing... Macros. How do they work, and more importantly, what's the syntax to program them?

Come on...somebody answer, please. It'll be the last thing I ask before I get the game... and you can have this cookie! :cookie: