PDA

View Full Version : Who's the hardest weapon???

Human Devil
03-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Hey i've beaten all except emerald but i know who's hardest and it is indeed Emerald Weapon no questions asked who was harder for u? Ruby or Emerald or the other weak ones?:shifty:

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 04:00 AM
I know I've seen this before...:cat: Oh well. I thought Ruby was tougher than Emerald, more defence.

Emerald weapon
03-18-2006, 03:31 PM
NO WAY!Ruby was an utter piss take!!!!Emerald was way tougher!!I really wish you could have fought Diamond weapon properly like Emmy or Ruby cuz i thought he was the coolest looking

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, I beat Emerald, Ruby, Ultima and Diamond without any problem. But I was never able to beat Sapphire Weapon. :p

Dreddz
03-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Ruby is harder, I think this all falls into Opinions. Most say Emerald, some say Ruby, Im the some.

gyaku_zuki
03-18-2006, 07:17 PM
depends on your style of fighting in the battles, and the characters you use...

i hate ruby weapon, cos it kicks ppl out of battle... but thats just me

a nirvana fan
03-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Emerald is easily the hardest

Shin Gouken
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I found emerald extremely easy. Ruby on the other hand took me several tries before i nailed him.

Human Devil
03-18-2006, 11:42 PM
depends on your style of fighting in the battles, and the characters you use...

i hate ruby weapon, cos it kicks ppl out of battle... but thats just me

Just start the battle with 2 of your characters dead and he wont even do it, and he'll just stick his hands in the ground.:greenking

gyaku_zuki
03-19-2006, 01:00 AM
yeah i know, but it sucks a bit having to do that, and he DOES try it again later if u revive them

Captain Maxx Power
03-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Well, I beat Emerald, Ruby, Ultima and Diamond without any problem. But I was never able to beat Sapphire Weapon. :p

OMG U NOOB!!!11

Anyways, I'd say Ruby is the hardest unless you know what you're doing. Strictly speaking it depends on one factor and one factor alone : The use of KoTR.

Black Tiger
03-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Ruby was harder for me.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Ruby and Emerald are pretty easy when you know what to do. K o t r linked with HP Absorb, Phoenix linked with final attack for both weapons. VERY VERY EASY.

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Once Emerald hit me, it was over. (4 Counter/Mimes.) It's even funnier that it hit me a second time :p(Even funnier when Cait Sith gets "Game Over" :cat: )

I still have trouble with Ruby, he has much higher defence, and KOR takes far too long.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 05:25 AM
like i said further up, before you fight emerald make sure you have final attack linked with phoenix before battling him, it makes his attack wich kills everyone (i cant remember its name) counter productive.

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Ruby

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 06:23 AM
like i said further up, before you fight emerald make sure you have final attack linked with phoenix before battling him, it makes his attack wich kills everyone (i cant remember its name) counter productive.

Aire-Tam Storm (No. of materia equipped X 1,111= Damage.)

I use Mastered Revive to Mastered Final Attack, just my preference. :cat:

Dell
03-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Ruby.

He counter with ULTIMA if you cast KOTR,
I found easier way of beating him.

doublecast Phoenix and KOTR, although this takes long but you play a safe game. Phoenix will only heal 300HP, so don't worry. Mime with your party until it is over.

I don't even use final attack combine. my KOTR is linked with HP Absorb.
My KOTR is on level 2 and I beat him easily.

Emerald is way a lot easy cause he vulnerable to physical, limit does best, and don't counter after KOTR, eventhough he have 300000 more HP than KOTR, that doesn't change the fact that he's easy.

mega_tonberry
03-19-2006, 09:06 AM
emerald weapon= god

gyaku_zuki
03-19-2006, 11:56 AM
its not fair to just KOTR them tho, id rather have a challenge, beating them other ways that the CHEAP (:D) KOTR summon...

Try fighting either without KOTR... hard indeed.

Crop
03-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Ruby was easy for me, Emerald took quite a long time to beat

Halenite
03-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Ruby was a royal pain. Too much defense for me.

But the hardest has to be Sapphire. Just kidding, I'm not that stupid.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-19-2006, 01:12 PM
it depends on tactics, if u know wot ur doing then ruby is easier, cos of paralysis and not being kikd out of battle if u do it rite. i wud say emerald is harder

Hambone
03-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I haven't beaten Emerald or Ruby yet. But Ruby is seeming to be harder...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Ultima. I got crushed (Mideel) but it occured to me that you weren't supposed to beat him

Fonzie
03-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I've never really wanted to fight the weapons because....i'm lazy as hell :p

Ste "The Man" Sephiroth
03-20-2006, 03:20 AM
lol, the weapon just outside Midgar was not very hardbut he took friggen ages to kill. I cant really remember the other Weapons to well.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 04:17 AM
they are all ridiculously easy..

im dissappointed you only get to fight them once because it would be fun to farm emerald for that 50kAP a bunch... oh well

All you need is 1 char

Kotr
Mastered Counter
Mime
HP absorb

W-summon is nice
Underwater for emmy

I use cloud w/ apocalypse and throw some materia for lvling on it so i can master some stuff.

Counter=Mime, KotR=HP Absorb

If you want you can do this
Counter=Mime, Sneak Attack=Kotr, Master Summon=HP Absorb

Either of these methods are 100% success easy as fudge ggness... 2nd method you dont need to touch your control unless sneak isnt mastered.

Final Attack is unnecessary except to put it in Apoc to master it. (Emerald + Apoc = 150,000 AP $$$)

Have fun,
its ridiculously easy and dissapointing.

Zeromus_X
03-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Yes, anyone can spam KOR. That's why people make challenges. (Because people are cheap with KOR. Though I am a Counter/Mime glutton..)

Well, I guess they had to put a reason for that over-powered and annoyingly lengthly summon in the game somewhere..:cat: It's a shame they can't make optional bosses that pose a threat at any level...:cat:

Hambone
03-20-2006, 04:26 AM
One word: Penance

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 04:27 AM
all im saying is that there are easy ways to kill them and if you throw in a boss that you wanna scare people and you want to think is godly you should make people have to at least touch there controllers at some point during the fight.

They should have made the weapons disable your materia or something cool... idk something at least mediocrely difficult... im sure beating them without kotr would still be easy... id just need more counters and need to mime a different spell more times like comet 2 and have 7x mime=counter, master magic=hp absorb or something

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 04:28 AM
one word (well actually more than one)

I dont have a flippin japanese ffx and i doubt sticking one in my american ps2 would do any good anyway

Zeromus_X
03-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Actually, Penance is also in the PAL Version, I believe. :cat:

What is Ruby weak against? Is he weak against magic? Physical attacks do nothing against him...:cat:

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 04:33 AM
i have american version not PAL so the toughest boss i could actually fight on my game is nemesis.

Ruby is weak in general... phys doesnt hurt him but magic/summons own him... ( i havent tried magic but he gets pwnt by ZERO and kotr/mimes)