PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Strategy Guide Question???

a nirvana fan
03-18-2006, 09:57 AM
OK so I bought the FFVII official strategy guide from play.com the other day and now it's arrived but I have one query, it says it's for the american version of the game and being from england I have the english version, will it change anything in the game? cos i bought it so i could 100% complete the game. Thanks in advance.

Alive-Cat
03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I thought the English and American versions were exactly the same!?
My life is ruined! :mad2:

a nirvana fan
03-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah I think they are the exact same, but I just want to make sure, dont worry.

Omnislash07
03-18-2006, 08:49 PM
lol dude if you want to get 100% then you will need more than that because it leaves out a few things. like where the ribbon in the Gaea Cliffs area is at

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 10:07 PM
lol dude if you want to get 100% then you will need more than that because it leaves out a few things. like where the ribbon in the Gaea Cliffs area is at
Alot of people miss that anyway. (Thanks to FFVII's icky psuedo-3d environment.)

It also leaves out specifics on Chocobo Breeding, Sephiroth's stats, W-Item (Although that may be because it makes it too easy or something.), the Northern Crater "Magic Pot Swamp" (Probably because of the same reason.) and some other stuff I probably forgot now.

But for a good solid walkthrough of the game, it does just fine. As for versions, I don't know if there would be any differences, but I can't be 100 % sure anyway, because I've never played that version :choc2:

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 04:23 AM
yeah, and it leaves out lots of useful tips that you should learn like

w-item duping
elixers magic pots
easy weapon fights
finding sources
getting the ribbon at gaea cliff (though you can just morph M tonberrys)

and some other useful stuff to know