PDA

View Full Version : Training Areas

I Don't Need A Name
03-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Could someone tell me a good area to train up from level 19 to a higher level. Im about to fight Kimabrain (the last of the metiorite bosses) in world 1

Captain Maxx Power
03-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Anywhere in the later areas in the game. You can probably easily take him out on level 19. In all honesty it's more about your jobs than your level.

I Don't Need A Name
03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
well i have Bartz-Knight Riena-White Mage/Summoner and Faris/Salsa-Black Mage, so i need high levels for high hp

Shin Gouken
03-18-2006, 12:38 PM
The area outside the forest where you find Ramuh. You will fight either two black flames and a stone Golem which a simple Ramuh summon will dispose of. Or you will fight 5 black flames which again are killed with a simple Ramuh Summon. You get 2AP for the Golem fight and 3AP for the Black flames.

If your having that much trouble with him, you can break an elemental rod. That will very nearly kill him. Or you can use your new summon Titan as he's the strongest one you have at this point (requires summon level 3 to use)

I Don't Need A Name
03-18-2006, 12:56 PM
what exp do you get for fighing them? also it takes 5 summons of titan to kill him, and i dont survive that long

Shin Gouken
03-18-2006, 02:41 PM
The EXP is reasonable but i don't remember what is was.

There are two things you can do if you don't want to spend some time levelling.

1, Change your party. Give yourself an entire team of people who can use healing magic and use three characters to heal every turn while the other summons. Or alternetively make a team of summoners and summon titan four times in the first turn, survive his first attack then summon titan again to finish him.

Or make a mage hold a bolt rod or a fire rod. Go into your items (in battle) scroll up to your equiped weapon, select your elemental rod and press again to confirm the target. You will then Hurl the rod at him and it will shatter, casting Bolt3/Fire3. If the first rod doesn't instantley kill him, just shatter another one.

EDIT: It just occured to me, you don't have four characters for this battle.... Still it should only take two turns regardless.

Evastio
03-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Could someone tell me a good area to train up from level 19 to a higher level. Im about to fight Kimabrain (the last of the metiorite bosses) in world 1

LEVEL 19!?!?!?!?!? :eek: You're crazy!!!! I was at level 19 when I faced LiquidFlame!!!!!

You're not trying to do a low level challenge or something are you?
(I don't mean any offense by calling you crazy. It's just that I thought that you were always suppose to be around the level of the enemies you are facing)

I Don't Need A Name
03-18-2006, 05:38 PM
haha no i dont take any offence, i found liquid flame very easy at level 13 thanks! lol i never spend time training, i just continue playing until i get stuck

Evastio
03-18-2006, 07:17 PM
The only reason I levelled up to level 19 to beat LiquidFlame was because I didn't know that there was a spell shop in Karnak that sold Ice2. I used Goblin Punch twice to quckly kill him as well as all the Elm Gigas' in Karnak Castle.

I Don't Need A Name
03-19-2006, 10:24 AM
i dont use blue mages, i've beat him! thanks guys! i was level 22 and broke 2 rods and then used titan

Shin Gouken
03-19-2006, 01:15 PM
:hyper: nice work

Evastio
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
i dont use blue mages

You don't? :eek:

Well to each his own. :) Personally I never used Hunters or Berserkers until the end of the game.

I still recommend that you hunt down some Blue Magic Spells.

a nirvana fan
03-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Just train up in the are you are now, Im level 23 on all characters and Ive only just defeated Ifrit.

rubah
03-27-2006, 07:05 PM
get a ninja or someone with Throw and a black mage or someone with at least lvl1 black magic, go to Jacole Cave (with the nut eaters and skull eaters)

when you get a skull eater, if you have steal, try to steal . . either elixirs or ethers from it, then hit it with black magic, it'll go bye bye then throw the tech/scroll on teh six in its place 8)

It's not necessarily the fastest way, but I love killing skulleaters because they gave me so much trouble the first time I played xD