PDA

View Full Version : Oversoul

BG-57
03-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Does running from a monster you encounter count toward the total needed to encounter an oversouled form of that monster? I'm asking because monsters show up in Shinra's bestiary even if I've met them only once and ran away.

Yuna_wannabe
03-18-2006, 08:21 PM
i didnt know we could even get oversould in FF-X2 but i dont think it counts toward it. I think it depends on Which setting you have the character on for example Slayer, etc

BG-57
03-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I know that monsters can oversoul in FFX-2. There's a guide on Gamefaqs.com that lists how many monsters of each type you need to kill in order to meet the oversouled form. Before I read it, I thought it happened randomly.

Anyways, I'm trying to get the Garment Grid from Shinra (The End I think), which you can only get with a complete bestiary list, including all oversoulable monsters oversouled. It's time consuming and frustrating.

Little Blue
03-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, you need to kill the monster for it to contribute to the oversoul count, but once oversouled, you can run from the fiend and, until you kill that type of fiend again, all fiends of that type will be oversouled when you next encounter them

Yuna_wannabe
03-18-2006, 08:57 PM
you get a grid for that?

Mirage
03-19-2006, 05:08 PM
i didnt know we could even get oversould in FF-X2 but i dont think it counts toward it. I think it depends on Which setting you have the character on for example Slayer, etc
I didn't know monsters could get oversouled in any other game than FFX-2...

you get a grid for that?
You can get the answer by reading BG-57's post again.

BG-57
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM
The End is a dandy Garment Grid. It gives you Break HP Limit, and you can spherechange to get Break Damage Limit and Finale.

It's difficult to get and not really needed to win the game. It's just a prize for die-hards like me. :greenie:

EDIT:

Yeah, you need to kill the monster for it to contribute to the oversoul count, but once oversouled, you can run from the fiend and, until you kill that type of fiend again, all fiends of that type will be oversouled when you next encounter them

Wait, suppose I oversoul a Amorphous Gel and run from it. Will the next Protean Gel I encounter also be oversouled?