PDA

View Full Version : How many blue butterflys are there in the first butterfly challenge?

atchisonje
03-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Just comparing the first to the second challenge, How many blue butterflys are there in the first butterfly challenge are there really, as I can't seem to beat it the second time as there are more red ones.:cry:

Dell
03-19-2006, 08:09 AM
both of the challenge have 7 blue butterflies

DMKA
03-19-2006, 09:35 AM
And both are annoying as hell.

Dell
03-19-2006, 09:56 AM
And both are annoying as hell.

yeah you're right!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: they're really hard as hell.

I already done 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999990 times but still don't get it

DMKA
03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Eh, it took me about two hours of trying to get the first one. =p

mega_tonberry
03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I tried it about 5 times and just said "screw it. I think I will have more fun dodging 200 lightning bolts. Atleast thats not immposible."

Rizzice
03-19-2006, 09:35 PM
umm what exactly are butterflies/dodging lightning for?

atchisonje
03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
You complete the butterfly challenge in two areas to get the saturn sigil to power up Kimarhi's Legendary Weapon- Spirit Lance, and dodging lightning bolts to receive venus sigil as a prize in the chest, which powers up Lulu's legenday weapon- Onion Knight.;)

Captain Maxx Power
03-20-2006, 01:58 AM
You complete the butterfly challenge in two areas to get the saturn sigil to power up Kimarhi's Legendary Weapon- Spirit Lance, and dodging lightning bolts to receive venus sigil as a prize in the chest, which powers up Lulu's legenday weapon- Onion Knight.;)

Ironic, considering end-game Kimahri and Lulu become the least useful characters.

DMKA
03-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Ironic, considering end-game Kimahri and Lulu become the least useful characters.
It really depends on what kind of player you are. Most people say Kimahri is the most useless, yet I find him to be alot more useful then say, Rikku. I almost always find magic-dependent characters useless, and being item-dependent even more useless...because it's just how I play. His overdrives, save a couple, are indeed useless though.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 06:13 AM
magic users are useless at the end of ffx and kimahri imo is useless throughout the entire game... you have to judge it partly on there ultimate weapon powerup though... tidus is strong with lots of hp so he is more useful than auron who does more dmg with low hp... imo unless you like not having lots of your hp in which case you should die.

Dell
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM

SHUT UP!!!!!! Both Lulu and Kimahri are my favourite in FFX. I'll do everything to complete them. If I too lazy, Kimahri, Yuna and Lulu are my choice to use.

If you give Kimahri the right path, his HP could be more than Tidus. Lulu is important in the fight with Flans, Elements and Seymour

Captain Maxx Power
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
SHUT UP!!!!!! Both Lulu and Kimahri are my favourite in FFX. I'll do everything to complete them. If I too lazy, Kimahri, Yuna and Lulu are my choice to use.

Favouratism hasn't a thing to do about it. I'm forever championing the hawtness of Kimahri. However, from a technical stand-point, both he and Lulu can be considered inferior to the other characters. End-game all of the characters are capable of learning every skill baring Overdrives, so we must consider them and them alone. Both Tidus and Wakka win the physical damage game, since they have Ace of the Blitz and Attack Reels respectively. Yuna of course has her Summons (Oblivion/Passado anyone?). Rikku has her mixes, which are insanely useful and sometimes necessary for the hardest of enemies in the game.

Kimahri only has four attacks of note : White Wind, Mighty Guard, Bad Breath and Nova. White Wind is a semi-useful healing spell, but nothing a Megaelixir/Rikku Mix couldn't cover. Mighty Guard again is very useful, but most people already have Auto-haste/protect/shell, and if not then you can again Mix it. Bad Breath is very useful on normal enemies, but in the face of bosses and the like it's usefulness it stunted severely. Nova is perhaps the most unusually because it uses Kimahri's Magic stat, but calculates itself like a Physical attack (As in [([Stat ^ 3 / 32] + 30) * Pwr / 16] as opposed to [Pwr * ([Stat ^ 2 / 6] + Pwr) / 4]. Nova's power is 70). However the maximum it's going to do is 99,999, which is probably the damage characters do with a single physical hit.

Lulu of course has her furies. Now the damage done by these is much lower than that of the original spell. Even if you were to get as many furies as possible with the most powerful spell, Ultima, chances are you won't be doing a whole lot of damage. You could theoretically increase your magic stat high enough so each hit does 99999 damage, but I've never ever heard of anyone using this technique, so I'm going to assume that it isn't possible.

Of course the same logic can be applied to Auron, since his overdrives are equally as weak, and yes that is the case. He's put in the same area as Kimahri and Lulu as far as I'm concerned in relation to end-game ability.

So yes, in my personal opinion it's really not worth getting Lulu and Kimahri's Celestial Weapons unless you really want to. The other character's weapons are much less of a hassle to gain (apart from Wakka's, since unless you like Blitzball you're in for a whole world of pain).

Dell
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM

Favouratism hasn't a thing to do about it. I'm forever championing the hawtness of Kimahri. However, from a technical stand-point, both he and Lulu can be considered inferior to the other characters. End-game all of the characters are capable of learning every skill baring Overdrives, so we must consider them and them alone. Both Tidus and Wakka win the physical damage game, since they have Ace of the Blitz and Attack Reels respectively. Yuna of course has her Summons (Oblivion/Passado anyone?). Rikku has her mixes, which are insanely useful and sometimes necessary for the hardest of enemies in the game.

Kimahri only has four attacks of note : White Wind, Mighty Guard, Bad Breath and Nova. White Wind is a semi-useful healing spell, but nothing a Megaelixir/Rikku Mix couldn't cover. Mighty Guard again is very useful, but most people already have Auto-haste/protect/shell, and if not then you can again Mix it. Bad Breath is very useful on normal enemies, but in the face of bosses and the like it's usefulness it stunted severely. Nova is perhaps the most unusually because it uses Kimahri's Magic stat, but calculates itself like a Physical attack (As in [([Stat ^ 3 / 32] + 30) * Pwr / 16] as opposed to [Pwr * ([Stat ^ 2 / 6] + Pwr) / 4]. Nova's power is 70). However the maximum it's going to do is 99,999, which is probably the damage characters do with a single physical hit.

Lulu of course has her furies. Now the damage done by these is much lower than that of the original spell. Even if you were to get as many furies as possible with the most powerful spell, Ultima, chances are you won't be doing a whole lot of damage. You could theoretically increase your magic stat high enough so each hit does 99999 damage, but I've never ever heard of anyone using this technique, so I'm going to assume that it isn't possible.

Of course the same logic can be applied to Auron, since his overdrives are equally as weak, and yes that is the case. He's put in the same area as Kimahri and Lulu as far as I'm concerned in relation to end-game ability.

So yes, in my personal opinion it's really not worth getting Lulu and Kimahri's Celestial Weapons unless you really want to. The other character's weapons are much less of a hassle to gain (apart from Wakka's, since unless you like Blitzball you're in for a whole world of pain).

who's going to power-up Ixion and Shiva? I'm the one with perfect win so I'm going to get all at any cost.

Kimahri and Lulu is useful for me. They also my favourites. Whatever, you say, that won't change my opinion about these two character. Wakka sigil is the easiest if you play Blitzball well (just use Jecht Shot over and over). Auron is even stronger than Tidus, his Tornado hit a lot in International (about 16 hit, I think)99999 x 16, what damage could be. Wakka can achieve 12, While tidus 8. Can't past 16.

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 04:16 AM
I think 7 of each.

Nifleheim7
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I never got the 7th butterflie.I always end up with the 6th one and i still have some seconds until the time expires but there's no 7th one!!!I played it a zillion times until i gave up.
It's easier to beat Penance(without zanmato)than getting the 7th butterflie...

rubah
03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
The easiest way to do the butterfly challenge is to just start at the beginning with each red butterfly and write down which direction you go to dodge it

Pretty soon you'll have it memorized. The only real tough part is the last curve where you can't *see* where they all are. That's where teh trial and error comes into play most.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
For me, I can't do this, so hard. :sad:

Markus. D
03-29-2006, 10:30 PM

I disagree with this, my Lulu is overpowered.... her limit break doesnt work to good with me though, but her doll does so much damage <3

Tavrobel
03-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Tidus has an annoying requirement, but does 1 million damage.
Yuna is easy weapon and has One MP cost, plus summoning.
Auron has First Strike and Full Break, but no multiple hits, but his attack animation is the second fastest, saves you .01 of a second
Wakka does 2 million damage. He doesn't even have to move.
Lulu CAN do 1 million, but you would ruin your hand, effectively not letting you repeat such an endeavor. However, she gets the FEOK and One MP cost with Booster. Unfortunately, the FEOK doesn't pwn your soul. But her magic is long as HELL.
Kimahri can't get past 99999, and Mighty Guard < Ribbon, but ends up with the least compromised stats.
Rikku has Mix, fastest attack animation, and her weapon is easy to obtain.

If you get 3 "2xhits" within 5 seconds for Wakka, then you can have attack that hits 20 times. Easily the most powerful overdrive, and the position of the bars on the slots are easily memorized.

99999 * 20, and the Overdrive does damage equal to a normal attack, which means, barring certain monsters's Celestial Armors, (but his overdrive ignores normal armor), it will do near 2 million damage. Entrust twice, and you can kill Nemesis in about 4 tries, plus a single attack. Or use Aurochs reels, which have the instant kill, and also, the flashing areas are also able to be memorized. Tidus does 9/10, depending on the Blitzball, which is close to 1 million.

It is nearly impossible with a PS2 controller to finish Lulu's overdrive to full, which at that point, it STILL does not do full damage. Small thing I've noticed (though I try not to be racist), is that white and black people tend to rotate with the thumb pressed directly on the stick. Asians rotate with the palm. The palm is faster, and has a less chance of ruining/breaking the controller. You would have to rotate 3 times to get one spot for Ultima, and you only get what, 5 seconds? Even if you rotate even 4 times per second, you would only get 6 castings of Ultima, plus/minus personal luck. The only way to get a full cast, is to have Lulu's magic at 255, and rotate like hell. and nuke the FIRE spell. NOT FIRE2 or FIRE3, FIRE. Even then, you will only get 9 castings (12 is the maximum, I think, but there should be a bonus if you get all of them).
The alternative is to use the N64 controller, which can rotate more times than a PS2 controller ever could, with less chance of breakage.
9999 * 9 does NOT surpass 6 digit damage. Animations for spells are also far more annoying than a really fast character hopping around and killing stuff, with the near guarantee of 99999 damage.

Auron and Kimahri are useless, because their main Overdrive doesn't really get past one hit (Tornado does around 2 in Int, Nova still only maxes out at 99999). But Auron has First Strike, and in the American version, he is the only one with Full Break, overdrive only. If it were the Int version, I would be using Rikku instead.

Rikku and Yuna have Mix and Summon, respectively, and Yuna evolves in a markswoman. End of discussion.

C-huck N-orris has Roundhouse kick. But he crashes the game.

C-huck N-orris > Wakka > Rikku > Yuna > Tidus > Auron > Lulu > Kimahri

4evarisha
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I think it has 7 of each.

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Small thing I've noticed (though I try not to be racist), is that white and black people tend to rotate with the thumb pressed directly on the stick. Asians rotate with the palm. The palm is faster, and has a less chance of ruining/breaking the controller.

I rotate with the palm and I am not Asian...

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Small thing I've noticed (though I try not to be racist), is that white and black people tend to rotate with the thumb pressed directly on the stick. Asians rotate with the palm. The palm is faster, and has a less chance of ruining/breaking the controller.

Whites and Blacks TEND to. I've even met an Asian who does it incorrectly.
But thank god there's someone out there who KNOWS how to rotate PROPERLY.

Dell
04-01-2006, 05:32 AM

Whites and Blacks TEND to. I've even met an Asian who does it incorrectly.
But thank god there's someone out there who KNOWS how to rotate PROPERLY.

I am an Asian but I somehow find rotating with palm cause you to damage yourself so I use finger instead, Of course I did use the palm somehow. Tavrobel, you means White and Black are the colour of the skin?

Raven-X
04-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Actually, Kimahri can be the best character of them all.
I gave him a strong defense and good white and black magic.
He could kill anything, it just matters how you use what you have, not what you have.
Lulu saved my ass a lot, try fighting a magic blob with Yuna or Tidus.

I gave up on the butterflies, I have never seen a game that pissed people off so much, lol.

Dell
04-02-2006, 02:55 PM
I finally memorize and the way to reach the seven butterflies, I just found this web:

http://www.freewebs.com/acax1985/ps2_final_fantasy_x_butterfly_map.jpg

they're in japanese but you can understand it after you tried that mini-game many times.

Now, I'm going to do it and Kimahri's sigil is mine.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
ok lee's clear things up. catching butterflies is easy. as is dodging lightning. u just don't know wot ur doing 8-)

butterflies:

central section:
1. hug the left hand side for the first one. easy
2. take a few steps forward to past the red on the right, then switch to the right hand side to dodge the red on the left. switch back to the left for the next blue butterfly.
3. stay in the centre of the path around the U-bend and u wont hit any reds at all. the next blue one is on the inside of the U-bend just before the upwards slope
4. stay in the centre of the path again until it turns left slightly, then hug the right hand wall. the blue butterfly is on the outside of the U-bend around half way round it
5. stay on the inside of the curve and the next blue is urs
6. this is tricky. stay in the middle of the path until it turns downward. take a few steps down and hug the left wall. move into the middle after the first red on the right. keep going till u touch the bottom of the path after it does a sharp turn right. hug the bottom as u run to the right fo ur next blue
7. ther r no more reds. just keep going for the next blue
chest: wen entering from the screen with the save sphere, the chest is at the first turn that curves right

north section:
1. stay in the middle of the path and head towards macalania lake for the first blue
2. stay in the middle and go back the way you came. the next blue is only a few paces away
3. stay in the middle of the path until u start to go up the slope. then hug the right hand side for the next blue
4. stay on the right until u pass 1 red then switch to the left. stay to the left until the next red fly, then slalom between the next 3 red, moving to the right (up) after the first and left (down) after the second. stay on the outside of the curve as you go round it til u past the first red, then switch to the inside. the blue is right there
5. stay to the left to pass a red, then stay on the inside of the next curve. u will catch the next blue as u do
6. stay inside the next curve (which turns towards u, down a ramp) til u pass a red on the right. then switch to the right hand side. stay inside the curve at the bottom of the ramp. the blue is on the left of the path
7. just stay to the left of the path and the lue is just vefore the exit to central
chest: wen entering from central, go up the first slope and the chest is on the left of the path as it curves right (upwards)

that shud clear that up :D