PDA

View Full Version : Tenchi Souzou / Terranigma

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-19-2006, 02:46 AM
I found out about this cool game online while I was buying some old SNES games, like FFVI and Legend of Zelda. Unfortunately, this one was released in Japan then Europe, but not here in US. So, I went online and learned that if you use pliers to take out the tabs where you insert your game, I can fit the Japanese game inside, and it should work. Well, I thought that's what my roommate did. The game needs to touch the very bottom, right? Maybe I have to remove more. Yeah, I got my game in the mail today, put it in, but it still wouldn't turn on. I have to take out everything that's sticking out in the back?

EDIT: Oh, I think this is the right section b/c it was made by Enix.

crono_logical
03-19-2006, 09:42 AM
This is where ROMs are easier :D

If you feel that's dodgy though, then since you've bought the game, you could download a ROM of the same version for backup purposes since you now own a copy, buy a flash kit, and flash it to your own cartridge which you know will fit :p

Yes, it's a decent game to play through, although I did find the method I used against the final boss a bit tedious and repetitive :p

Stayin Dizzy
03-19-2006, 04:43 PM
I loved that game, and I second that you should emulate it. The game is actually a sequal of Illusion of Gaia which is a sequal of Soul Blazer. I'd recommend both those games as well.

Timber Maniac
03-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Terranigma is a good title, but I'd have to warn any first time players that they must have an extremely good sense of patience. For a majority of the game, you'll have no idea what you're doing or why you're doing it. But eventually all your efforts will pay off towards the end. The conclusion is very thought provoking and beautiful.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Also, should I play Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia first?

Stayin Dizzy
03-20-2006, 01:32 AM
doesnt matter. It just adds to story effect. I played gaia, terranigma, then soul blazer. Timbers right though, at first you really don't know whats goin on but its sooooo worth it to play

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Well, it's working now that my roommate removed more of those tabs. The power slab was able to find it's way in. mwahaha!

Good game so far. I have the European ROM which helps me translate the Japanese.