PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy cheating

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 03:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIvZn9cpII#47m0VRfhsfM

I have been having an arguement with someguy off youtube.com about the final boss off FF7, Safer Sephiroth. He claims hes defeated Sephiroth in one strike, using Omnislash at lvl 99. Youll see my (short) arguement with him at the bottom of the page, watch the video, what do you think?.

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Yes, it's possible. Only 80,000 HP, around 7500+ damage a hit, dead. I've done it all the time. (So have many others, but mine does 9,999 a hit because of Ultima Weapon, and maxed out HP from HP Plus. Edit: And Hero Drinks :p) Why would he need to hack into the game? And yes, I'd say Cid is using Master Magic to have all of those spells. What is so hard to believe? :cat:

Vyk
03-19-2006, 04:23 AM
And here we have the reason game tinkerers hate FF7. Its way too exploitable. But that's one of the reasons I liked it. Like "twinking". But its lite, for us less anal people that want god-like characters by the end of the game.

Meat Puppet
03-19-2006, 04:42 AM
at least he didn't run over the policeman.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 05:14 AM
I have finished the game many times and ive never had more than 16 individual spells. he had at least 18. I dont mean lightning 1,2,3 as 3 different spells, i mean individual spells lightning, demi, fire, ice etc etc. And like i said in youtube Safer Sephiroths HP is dictated by you current level. At lvl 99 it would be higher than 80,000, their are other bosses with a higher hp im sure of it.

Vyk
03-19-2006, 05:19 AM
This isn't FF8. Safer Sephiroth has a set amount of HP. And even in the Official Strategy Guide, right before the fight it says "Hint: For a quick win, use Knights of the Round to hit all parts of Sephiroth's body for 70,000 points of damage." Meaning he has 70,000 or less HP. And its a known fact you can get omislash to do more damage than Knights of the Round anyway. And don't you only have to defeat the main part of Safer Sephiroth? Edit, nevermind. That was for Bizarro Sephiroth.

I'm gonna have to watch this video, but I bet there's nothing considered cheating going on.

Okay, that video isn't loading, but I'm looking at the strategy guide. He's using master magic materia with a mastered all materia. There's 20 sets of battle spells you can use, each with an upgrade of one or two extra spells for each set. So yeah. You can have more than 16 sets of spells in battle. That's what Master Materia's about. All spells in one materia. Comes in handy. And a full health (ultima weapon's damage depends on health I believe) with maxed out strength or whatever (I forget what dectates greater attack, 'cause I know just being level 99 and having Ultima Weapon isn't going to give you 9,999 hp damage) doing (almost) 10,000 points of damage 15 times. You get (almost) 150,000 points of damage. KotR does "over 70,000".

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Where does it say it's a level 99 party anyway? (I don't see it, so..) I always use HP/MP Plus Materia Mastered to max out HP and MP before level 99 anyway, so that doesn't mean that they're at level 99. I'm still having a hard time understanding why you don't understand. Like I said, I've killed Seph with Omnislash in one shot as well. :cat:

Edit: The video does load, it just takes awhile. Put the progress bar of the video back, and it'll load a little more.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 06:05 AM
The second time i completed this game i used a strategy guide to make sure i had seen everything and it clearly says that Safer Sephiroths HP depends on the level wich you are currently at. I can show you some online walkthroughs if you like that prove it.

As for the spells, I know you can have more than 18 spells, what i meant was I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L spells lightning, fire, ice, demi, heal, revive, cut x4 you know what i mean NOT Fire 1,2,3 as 3 different spells i can count to 16 trust me!!!!!!. For example say if i have equiped some weapon and armour witch has 8 slots each (The Maximum) i COULD have 16 different types of spells as long as i had equiped magic materia to those slots. He had 18 different types of magic materia as well as a master all materia wich is impossible because the maximum availible is 16, that alone should prove he was cheating.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Master Magic Materia allows you to use every spell in the game (or at least almost all of them) without actually having the specific materia equipped. Since the Master Materia only takes up one slot itself, it's very possible.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Master materia form my experiance gives more power to a 3 star materia as well as creating a second peice of the same materia at AP 0 it didnt unlock anything for me!?. I could have a maximum 48 spells.

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 06:18 AM
The second time i completed this game i used a strategy guide to make sure i had seen everything and it clearly says that Safer Sephiroths HP depends on the level wich you are currently at. I can show you some online walkthroughs if you like that prove it.

Okay, but where does it say that the characters in that video were at level 99? Everyone knows (or should know) that SS's HP varies depending on level, and if you used KOR. :cat:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Master materia form my experiance gives more power to a 3 star materia as well as creating a second peice of the same materia at AP 0 it didnt unlock anything for me!?. I could have a maximum 48 spells.

That's Mastered Materia. Master Materia is something else entirely.

Protagonist
03-19-2006, 06:31 AM
SS's HP varies depending on level, and if you used KOR

K O R would not kill him the first second third or fourth time at level 80+.

That's Mastered Materia. Master Materia is something else entirely

Then please explain master materia to me.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 06:36 AM
I already told you what it does, but you get it by Mastering all Magic Materia, then talking to one of the Huge Materia (forget which one) in Cosmo Canyon.

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Safer*Sephiroth's stats change depending on various factors:
+30,000 Max HP, 2 Att, 20 Def, 5 MAt, 16 MDf per character at L99
+80,000 Max HP if you cast Knights of Round on Jenova*SYNTHESIS

You can lower Safer's max HP by 100 every time you kill Bizarro's Head. This can be done repeatedly to remove up to 24,900 HP.

There. :cat:

And you still aren't answering the question. Is there any proof those characters were at level 99? Otherwise, and assuming they didn't use KOR on JENOVA-Synthesis, he would have his normal HP. And, like I said, I've done the same thing before. Shee...:cat:

Add-on: Once you have a mastered copy of every magic materia, go to the Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's observatory and examine the Huge Magic Materia. (I don't remember the color of all the materias though. )

Vyk
03-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Yes. Master Magic Materia is ONE materia with EVERY spell. So the slots in your weapons/armor don't matter. You should have plenty of room for one materia since you wouldn't have to equip ANY other magic materia after that. I know what you meant. Which is why I said "sets" of spells. i.e. the fire spells, the lightning spells, the gravity spells, etc. There's 20+ sets in the guide. And the dude has one materia that has all of them. Its not cheating. You can get that materia by defeating the Weapons (I forget which one) or make your own by mastering every spell materia in the game. (Note: You can do the same thing with other materia for a master summon materia and master command materia)

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Emerald has all 3 Master Materia, or more give you an item that gets you all 3 Master Materia.

Fonzie
03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
The thing that pissed me off was when he used wall and 2 summons of KoTR and an omnislash didn't kill his ass.

Captain Maxx Power
03-20-2006, 01:55 AM
OK let's be mathematical people. Safer has 30,000 by default. If we assume that each slash does around 7k damage, multiplied by 13 this is 91,000, way above Safer's hitpoint range.

Slothy
03-20-2006, 02:36 AM
OK let's be mathematical people. Safer has 30,000 by default. If we assume that each slash does around 7k damage, multiplied by 13 this is 91,000, way above Safer's hitpoint range.

He's got 80,000 base HP, plus the 30,000 for each character at level 99, and the 80,000 if you cast KOTR on Jenova Synthesis just to clear that up. There's no way this person has anyone at level 99 or he wouldn't do enough damage on each hit, however, if we assume he's doing 6,800 damage each hit for 15 hits (which was on the low end of how much he was doing), he's still hitting for a total of 102,000 HP. More than enough to kill Sephiroth with base HP. Of course even if one character happened to be at level 99, they could have simply killed Bizarro Sephiroths head a lot to bring his HP down as was said earlier.

The person isn't cheating; it is entirely possible to pull this off.