PDA

View Full Version : Okami

FallenAngel411
03-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Has anyone else here taken an interest in this game? Or perhaps played the BEAUTIFUL near-perfect demo in this month's OPM? (hint hint) Near-perfect only because of the atrocious 15 minute time limit. :eep:

If you haven't played the demo, do yourself a favor and pick it up. If you have or just have impressions about the game, share thy thoughts here! :3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I couldn't get too far in the OPM demo due to that blasted time limit, but the visuals were definitely just as beautiful as the trailers would lead you to believe. The calligraphy is a well-integrated gameplay element, too, in that it's quick to use and the game's environments are responsive to it. For example, the sword-slash stroke is needed to cut down wooden barriers and so forth, but if you're the kind of person who would want to use it to just chop down all the trees in sight for no reason (sup), you can do that, too.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2006, 08:26 AM
The game looks gorgeous and definitely seems to break the mold. I'm glad to hear that it appears to be coming together well.

Dreddz
03-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Whens this game coming out, ive been wanting it so bad for ages.

FallenAngel411
03-19-2006, 04:23 PM
No word on a release date...Gamespot was saying May 31 for a while but now they've changed to "3Q 2006"....Fall? It's upsetting.

XxSephirothxX
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I haven't played it, but it looks extremely interesting. At the very least, I'd like to rent it when it comes out. The graphics are beautiful, and games that strive to break free from normal gameplay methods such as Okami are generally really, really fun to play. It's hard to believe how many good PS2 games there are still on their way. :p

Lindy
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I've wanted this game ever since I first saw it, which was around the time that Viewtiful Joe was still in late production and the first screens of Killer7 were being released.

Three years? Yupyup.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 02:07 PM
How'd I miss this thread?

But yeah. Okami's been on my want list for a while. It was right up there with Shadow of the Colossus for anticipated artsy pretty games. I have that issue of OPM around here lately. Though I rarely touch my PS2 anymore. Maybe I should look into that... For some reason I was thinking there was just a video of it in there. Neat

JKTrix
08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
I figured I'd bump this instead of making a new post.

1up.com has a week-long cover story on Okami (http://okami.1up.com/). This is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most this year.

I always enjoy when 1up has these special features, even if it's for something I don't particularly care about. They had a long feature on Yoshi-taka Amano a few weeks ago, with interviews and peeks into his personal art archives--that was awesome.

Rostum
08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
This game looks absolutely beautiful.

Vyk
08-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm still interested in it. That demo kinda let me down though. You get stuck with this annoying little helper that (unfortunatel) reminds me of Navi from Ocarine of Time x_x; Hopefully it shuts up after a while in the real game. Its fun and pretty though

Dreddz
08-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I havent played the demo but im going to pre-order this, hopefully it wont be a disappointment...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I figured I'd bump this instead of making a new post.Five months is too long a gap even by my highly liberal standards. Feel more than welcome to create a new Okami thread, though.