PDA

View Full Version : VII versus X-2 [spoilers]

Blank
03-19-2006, 11:54 PM
what would win?

Midgar with Mako cannon
or
Vegnagun in cannon form

if you played X-2 for the "sad" ending you see Vegnagun turn into a giant cannon

NOTE: Midgar Mako cannon destroyed Weapon and punched a hole through Seph's mako sphere barrier thing

and that Vegnagun as a cannon, destroys Spira entirely i guess

FallenAngel411
03-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Personally, I think Sailor Moon could vanquish the Mako Cannon with her plastic tiara. That's just me.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
The Mako Cannon can destroy a WEAPON.

Vegnagun can destroy a planet.

There is no contest.

This thread would have been far more interesting if it was actually comparing FFVII to FFX-2.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah it would have been better though twould have been not much of a competition-ffVII all the way!!

As for which gun would win, vegnagun is pathetic, I killed him in like 5moves when i was like really weak!! The mako cannon is way cooler!!

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
The question is which one would win, not which one you prefer. The battle strength of Vegnagun has absolutely no relevance to how powerful its cannon is.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Ah however, if he can be easily killed before he gets the chance to use his super cannon then then I would say the mako cannon would win!!

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that it would take any less time to charge the Mako Cannon than it does for Vegnagun to launch its attack. Nor is there any proof that it would take more time to destroy the Mako Cannon than Vegnagun if it was attacked directly.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
All very valid points, I dont suppose I have any real evidence that the mako cannon would win, just vegnagun always struck me as very pathetic, while the mako cannon was all the more impressive, and that is even after I saw vegnagun destroy the world... maybe I'm just bias towards anything out VII compared to X2

Blank
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
The question is which one would win, not which one you prefer. The battle strength of Vegnagun has absolutely no relevance to how powerful its cannon is.
incorrect, coolness IS a factor in this thread. don't be so uptight.

Vegnagun really was pretty dorky.
but being the case that Vegnagun could take out a planet, how much do you think it would take to destroy vegnagun?

7 Mako cannon, X al bhed weapon used on Sin, 8 Ragnorak, ships from 9, etc.

which makes me wonder if Garland's ship from IX could duke it out with VII's mako cannon.

lotink0
03-30-2006, 05:58 PM
if the mako cannon and vagnegun wenthead to head as in the were like 2 miles away fasing each other vagnegun would win it has sheer power and it can destroy a planet. Lame a little cruel but it is true vagnegun would win. but my persenol preferance would be makko cannon. VII ALL THE WAY

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Wait.
did you say VII against X-2?
xD
That,imo of course,is not possible.You can compare these two.A classic with an aiming-towards-quick-profit game.I say again,imo.I don't say VII wasn't made for money though.

Blank
04-07-2006, 03:08 AM
Wait.
did you say VII against X-2?
xD
That,imo of course,is not possible.You can compare these two.A classic with an aiming-towards-quick-profit game.I say again,imo.I don't say VII wasn't made for money though.
hey no no not the whole games, just the huge weapons in them. are you kidding? x-2 be better than vii? jeez.

boys from the dwarf
04-07-2006, 07:54 AM
i like FF7 a lot and its definetly on my top 5 FFs but FFX-2 was terrible.
ive never seens the sad ending for FFX-2. i knew it was there but i couldnt bear the shame of losing the easiest game ever even if it would have been on purpose. seems as vegnaguns cannon could destroy the world its probly vegnaguns cannon but the sister ray in FF7 destroyed that shield and could of probably done mych more damage so i think there quite even on power but FF7 doesnt clearly state the power of the sister ray which is why i say vegnagun unless proven otherwise.

Awesomeman
04-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I say vegnagun's cannon. And about if the Invincible would duke it out with the sister ray, the Invincible. The Invincible would tear Midgar apart from above, and the cannon couldn't even aim at it.

Blank
04-08-2006, 11:36 PM
I say vegnagun's cannon. And about if the Invincible would duke it out with the sister ray, the Invincible. The Invincible would tear Midgar apart from above, and the cannon couldn't even aim at it.
don't be too critical, imagine the sister ray could tilt straight up
i think they're evenly matched

MadHero
04-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Depends on who shoots first, and since when fighting vegnagun, you have to actually die for it to shoot the cannon, the Mako Cannon is clearly faster, and thus would destroy Vegnagun before it has the time to fire at all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
If you can't see your post anymore it was deleted for off-topic spamming. Knock it off.

TasteyPies
04-11-2006, 03:08 AM
The mako cannon can shoot a blast the reaches half the way around the world and still hold the charge to make a clean hole through a legendary monster. Vegnagun....died in a few turns on my game. However you could immagine that the mako cannon is fragile as well, not designed to withstand much more impact than the recoil it creates. On top of that, Vegnagun could just burrow a hole under the Mako cannon and attack it from underground. Now that I think about it, both are horrible fighting machines and putting them up against each other does neither justice. They wern't meant to battle each other. Vegnagun was made to destroy villages/ the world and end all human life. Or whatever, the story sucked in that game anyway. The Mako cannon was made to shoot the slow moving weapons. (ultima woulda totaly rocked it)