PDA

View Full Version : Heartless Angel

Zeromus_X
03-20-2006, 04:34 AM
Y'know, for not being the toughest final boss in the world, you'd think Sephy would spam this, huh? He never, ever, ever uses it on me. Ever. I only remember him using it rarely when I first beat the game (party in the 50s.) Has he ever used it on you? :cat:

Hambone
03-20-2006, 04:39 AM
yup.

MJN SEIFER
03-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Yes, It reduces you to 1HP - A very popular choice of attack for final bosses.

All of the guides say "Fallen Angel" which is wrong, it is indead Heartless Angel.

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Bizarro Sephiroth can't 'spam' Heartless Angel. He can only use it when the Head is alive and the Core is dead.

Dell
03-20-2006, 03:16 PM
He can never do that to me cause DOUBLECAST KOTR should kill him eventually, I did got hit once.

Omnislash07
03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
i have never seen that move because i kill him too fast, even without kotor

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
nope hes never used it on me either. btw, ive never ever had kotr, nor hav i ever had anything above a yellow chocobo :O go on then, judge me!?

Omnislash07
03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
ive only done it once and that was after beating the game like 10 times (each a different file not 10 times in one file). I figured getting a gold chicken would take forever but it only took me like 3-4 hours.

Zeromus_X
03-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Bizarro Sephiroth can't 'spam' Heartless Angel. He can only use it when the Head is alive and the Core is dead.

I know that, I just said he'd be a bit more challenging if he's use it more often...:cat:

Here's some of BS's AI Script:

The Setup Phase...
-- First, HP and death status are set.
-- The Core part sets total immunity until the appropriate parts (R/L Magic) have been killed off.

The Death Counter Script...
-- Keep track of all dead parts.
-- If it's the Main Body...
-- -- Kill every other part.
-- If it's the Head...
-- -- If the Main Body has not died (which would end the battle...?)
-- -- -- It counters with Demi 3 on the last attacker.
-- -- -- It sets up a random amount of turns (1 - 3) before reviving itself.
-- -- -- The number of times the head died is kept track of UP TO 250. This is used to reduce Safer's HP by up to 25,000 HP.

The Main Script...
-- If every part is dead, end the battle.
-- The Core will use Bizzaro Energy on the Main Body every turn and restore its MP to full.
-- The Main Body is the only part to actually attack in the script; the rest of this paragraph only applies to it.
-- -- First its MP is restored to full.
-- -- Increase the number of turns taken by the Core by 1.
-- -- If the Head is dead and the turns before its resurection is 0...
-- -- -- Revive the Head to full HP.
-- -- -- End the Main Body's turn.
-- -- Increase the Main Body's "Current State" count by 1.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 1...
-- -- -- If the Core is not dead, but L/R Magic both are, and the Core's turns are at 8...
-- -- -- -- Revive the L/R Magics and use Bizzarro Energy on them.
-- -- -- -- Reset the Core's immunities.
-- -- -- -- Reset the Core's turns to 0.
-- -- -- Otherwise...
-- -- -- -- If the Head is dead...
-- -- -- -- -- Target everything with Aurora Fence. This might be a bug.
-- -- -- -- -- Remove every possible status from the targets.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 2...
-- -- -- If Right Magic is alive, use Bolt 3 on a random target.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 3...
-- -- -- If Left Magic is alive, use Quake 3 on a random target. Open up a beer and have a good 'ol-fashioned multiplayer deathmatch.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 4...
-- -- -- If both the Head and the Core are alive...
-- -- -- -- Use Stigma on all opponents.
-- -- -- If only the Head is alive, not the Core...
-- -- -- -- Use Heartless Angel. There ya go man.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 5 or 6...
-- -- -- Do nothing for now.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 7...
-- -- -- If Right Magic is alive, target a random character with Ice 3.
-- -- If the Main Body's Current State is 8...
-- -- -- Reset the Current State to 0.
-- -- -- Use a regular attack on a random target.
-- -- If the Main Body hasn't used up a turn, default to using a regular attack on a random target.

This could be different for the other parties or different party size battles. It's a pretty big script, frankly.

Edit: No, he doesn't use it in Safer mode. He does have a more visually-impressive ultimate attack, though

So yeah, Endless Twilight and Silverlance answered my question.

Edit: Okay, here's Safer's for the hell of it. Silverlance corrected himself about HA in this:

Safer's script is MUCH shorter than Bizarro (which is the longest in the game, if you count the 3 different parties.) Many scripts behave like Bizarro's in that they maintain a count of some kind and execute commands in an order. I've left out some unimportant script commands, like his death counter (which basically has him using his death animation then being removed from battle.)

Setup Phase
-- If KotR was used on Jenova, Sephy gains an 80,000 HP bonus.
-- Every character, excluding Aeris, at level 99 will add to his HP, attack, defense, m. attack, and m. defense.
-- Everytime a Head part on Bizarro Sephiroth was killed, 100 HP are deducted from Sephiroth's base HP (up to 250 times.)
-- Turn Count begins at 0 (this is not in the script, but it's implicit.)

Main Phase
-- Sephy's MP are restored to full.
-- Turn Count is increased by 1.
-- If Turn Count = 1...
-- -- If Sephiroth has "SLOW" status use DeSpell on self.
-- -- Otherwise if Wall was used cast DeSpell on all party members and reset Wall Used variable.
-- -- Otherwise, case Wall on self and set the Wall Used variable.
-- If Turn Count = 2...
-- -- If Wall was not used, cast Deen on all party members.
-- -- Otherwise, cast Shadow Flare on a random party member.
-- If Turn Count = 3...
-- -- Use a Physical Attack on a random party member.
-- If Turn Count = 4...
-- -- Fly up.
-- -- Make Sephiroth a long-range target.
-- If Turn Count = 5...
-- -- Use Pale Horse on a random target.
-- If Turn Count = 6...
-- -- Use Super Nova on all party members.
-- If Turn Count = 7...
-- -- If Sephy lost over 3/4 of his health, use Heartless Angel on a random target.
-- -- Otherwise use Break on a random target.
-- If Turn Count = 8...
-- -- Fly down.
-- -- Sephy is no longer long-distance.
-- -- Reset Turn Count to 0.

Turns out I was wrong, he does have Heartless Angel as Safer. Shame on me for not confirming. Anyhow, he'll only use it every 8 turns (on his 7th turn) if his HP are below 25%.

Sparky
03-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Old man Sephiroth was to easy to beat, but I will give the creators credit bc they have made the best game ever.

I can't wait til it comes out on PS3, that will be the only reason to buy one though other than silent hill 5

boys from the dwarf
03-21-2006, 07:48 AM
He can never do that to me cause DOUBLECAST KOTR should kill him eventually, I did got hit once.
that is so cheap. i did a long fight against sephiroth without omnislash or KoTR and i didnt see it.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2006, 10:40 PM
it was odd. I first played it using a ps2 and i couldn't use three parties, only one and the battle was really easy (he didn't use it) and then i played it on a ps1 and i HAD to use three parties and it was so hard!!!

Zeromus_X
03-21-2006, 11:24 PM
One KOR should kill him immediately. Unless you powered him up with the aformentioned requirements. And use Limits, they don't take 20 minutes to cast :p :cat:

Dell
03-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I use KOTR on Jenova. MY KOTR didn't do more than 100000 damage. So..............about getting hit by Heartless Angel, I get hit from my second data, cause I don't want to use any magic/summon to kill it, just physical and limit.

Kappy
03-22-2006, 11:39 PM

I did not know this :o

Mercen-X
03-23-2006, 12:43 AM
i have never seen that move because i kill him too fast, even without kotor
ditto

ive only done it once and that was after beating the game like 10 times (each a different file not 10 times in one file). I figured getting a gold chicken would take forever but it only took me like 3-4 hours.
I have Goldie for three separate playthroughs, though recently getting the Gold Chocobo has been a bit**

He does have a more visually-impressive ultimate attack, though
Yes.

Setup Phase
-- Every character, excluding Aeris, at level 99 will add to his HP, attack, defense, m. attack, and m. defense.
-- Everytime a Head part on Bizarro Sephiroth was killed, 100 HP are deducted from Sephiroth's base HP (up to 250 times.)
-- Turn Count begins at 0 (this is not in the script, but it's implicit.)

Wow. Pity it still doesn't help him much.

-- -- cast Deen
-- -- cast Shadow Flare
-- -- Use Pale Horse
-- -- Use Super Nova
-- -- If Sephy lost over 3/4 of his health, use Heartless Angel

*Sephiroth'sGurl*
03-27-2006, 05:56 AM
What i thought was funny was On the second form of Sephiroth after his HP gets to half he starts casting Supernova like on every other turn. It annoys the heck outta me but it does give me enough time to walk to my kitchen and get a drink..

Ageless Valentine
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I've seen it. Compared to Sin Harvest, Heartless Angel is weaker. Because Sin Harvest (which is actually a Sephiroth Kingdom Hearts move) can turn your life all the way to 1 if you have second Wind and Magic to 0. Like he said. "Dodge this".

Zeromus_X
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I've seen it. Compared to Sin Harvest, Heartless Angel is weaker. Because Sin Harvest (which is actually a Sephiroth Kingdom Hearts move) can turn your life all the way to 1 if you have second Wind and Magic to 0. Like he said. "Dodge this".

Yes, but this is FFVII, not KH. And it's still "Heartless Angel". He's saying "Descend, Heartless Angel!" Just listen real carefully. :cat: