PDA

View Full Version : Vincent

Ragnarok
03-20-2006, 07:26 AM
This might be kind of a dumb question but I'm still on the first disk and I was wondering if and how you can get Vincent.

McLovin'
03-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Getting Vincent to join your party's a pretty involved mission, and could take upwards of a half hour to an hour. Vincent fans, however, would say it's worth it.

First you will need to go to Nibelheim (recommended you go ahead and do his sidequest while you're already there the first time), and go to the Shinra mansion. While there's nothing of particular interest in the mansion, save for what's in the basement, the minigame of sorts does lead you to a valuable end.

First, look over to your left to find a note lying on the floor in the next room. It tells you that someone is trapped in the basement, and says something about a safe. It goes on to say you have twenty seconds to open it correctly, and then gives you hints

1: Look for the lid of the box with the most oxygen.
2: Behind the ivory's short of tea and ray.
3: The creak in the floor near the chair on the second floor. Then to the left five steps, up nine steps, left two steps, and up six steps.
4: (blank) [Ed. Note: you will not see that this line exists when you first examine the note. However, if you move the cursor down below the third line, you'll be able to select and read it.]

What does that all mean? This:

1: Get the δEnemy Launcher from the upstairs atrium of the west wing, then check it again to find a note scrawled on the back of the lid .
2: Check the floor behind the piano .
3: Find the creaking floorboard next to the chair in the upstairs bedroom, then follow the directions. Alternatively, you can just ad-lib it and search the whole floor in the hallway by the doorway of the northeastern room . Whew, that's a mouthful!
4: It looks blank, but the last line is written in invisible ink (see the note above). It tells you the number outright, "Right 97" .

Now you've got your combination. It should be: Right 36, Left 10, Right 59, Right 97.

Now go to the safe in the north most room of the western wing and open it. Remember, you have twenty seconds, so make them count, and don't go past any of the numbers or you'll fail and will have to retry. Turn the dial to the right to 36, then press the OK button, then back left to 10 and press OK, then back to 59, then right on to 97. If it worked, you'll meet a monster-in-a-box

After winning, the OOdin materia pops out of the safe, and you can get the key item Basement Key from the open safe by checking it again.

Now take your spoils and go back to the basement. Unlock the door to the locked room on the way, and open the middle casket to meet Vincent. After talking with him a while he'll return to his coffin, but keep pestering him for more information. Eventually, he'll stop coming out and talking.

Go on about your business in the library, or if you've done that already, go ahead and leave. Vincent will stop you before you leave and join.

Acid Raine
03-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I dont understand why anyone would want to, though. I mean, he is 00bur k00l and all, but he isnt very useful. His Limit Breaks piss the *ahOOOga* out of me. Made the fight against the Materia Keeper a nightmare.....

McLovin'
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
He rules, man.

McLovin'
03-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Along the way.

EDIT: Aw you deleted your post. Now this one looks silly.

Ragnarok
03-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok I have him now, but I was wondering a few things about him. First of all I was wondering if his gun does as much damage in the back row as it does in the front, and I was wondering if there is any way to get his attack up, I mean I replaced Red XIII with him and Red was doing twice the damage at a lower level, the only reason I replaced him was because Vincent is sweet looking.

Twilight Edge
03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken,long range weapons deal as much damage as they do in the front row.

Acid Raine
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
And a snazzy way to up his attack strength is to level up and purchase/find new guns *wink*

boys from the dwarf
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
if you put him in the back row and he will survive longer than all of the character in your party unless you have barret because guns as said before do the same amount of damage in the back row. and his limit breaks are good. i was at mount nibel and used his first limit break and he did 3000+ damage to all of the enemys.and his last one does heavey damage and has instant kill attacks. vincent is far from useless. and if i remember correctly he has a great gun that you can find in disk 2 in the forest of the ancients but seems as your only on disk one i wont say much more.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
pfft your forgetting yuffie... she has long ranged weapons and is 100x cooler/hotter... she can go in the back row and has better limits / is more useful and imo better for loading materia on...

Vincent's ultimate weapon cant be obtained until disc 3 if im not mistaken, neither can his final limit which is still uncontrollable, useless, and annoying imo...

Yuffie's all creation blows as well like all 1 hit attacks but her bloodfest can do good dmg on bosses n stuff... Highwind, Ungarmax, Omnislash, and Bloodfest are imo the best limits.... but barret blows imo. Tifa's limit also rocks... i use cloud/ tifa/ yuffie... i can at least do well with the ladies in videogames !

boo vincent

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Doom of the Living hits 5 times more than Bloodfest, each hit being just as powerful.

Vincent's Death Penalty and Chaos manual can be obtained on disc 2. You just have to fight 10 battles before returning to the cave.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
but you cant control when he uses doom of the living rather than the other attack in that form... i think

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Doom of the Living is Yuffie's Lv3-2 Limit Break.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
oh lol ty ive never used it...

whats it like?

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Like Bloodfest, but it hits 15 times instead of 10.

Omnislash07
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Vincent does suk because of his limit. i mean he is cool looking and all but when he uses his limit you cant control him so if all of you people die cept him you are screwed. I usually use Cloud,Tifa, and Barrett (even though he is an idiot) cause their ultimate limits his multiple times for big damage.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
he is cool, and having him around is pretty much necessary to find out whats really going on in ff7, however i wudnt use him till u get past mt. nibel cos a few enemies ther absorb fire, which his limit break is the element of.

on mt. nibel u can find a weapon for vincent with 255 accuracy (thats the max if u dont know) combine this with d.blow materia for a killer combination at this point in the game.

atk powers doesn't decrease on back row for yuffie, vincent and barret (provided he has a gun n not a clobbering item such as cannonball, atomic scissors, drill arm, rocket punch, etc) the power of magic doesn't decrease on the back row either.

personally, my team is cloud barret n yuffie, til i get cid's final limit, then its cloud barret cid

Ragnarok
03-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Sweet I equipped him with deathblow and sniper and that works well for the time being.