PDA

View Full Version : Just this weird topic I decided to post...

Fynn
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, not so long ago I was all like *OMG!!!!!!! FFVII OST IS TEH ROXXOR!!!!!!!!!*. But then I got my PS2 for Christmas. Of course, I got an FFX with it. Then I thought that the music was interesting. Well, I actually think that all the music from FF was great (Except X-2 - NOBUO ROX!!!!!!!!!). Anyway, I... bought... *cough*downloaded*cough* the OST and I was like wow! Some of the tunes were just... magical... Like "Assault" or "A dream that will end someday". I liked "Suteki Da Ne" as well, depite Rikki's vocals (look, I've got nothing against her, and she's got a nice voice, but it was the higher notes that made me laugh). From then on, FFX OST is my favourite.
Well, the purpouse of this topic. I think that throughout the parts of FF Nobuo has evolved. And what's your favourite OST?

DeathKnight
03-20-2006, 05:25 PM
He's great and ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS improves, that's something that always stands true.

FFX/FFX-2's songs are the BEST!:meditate:

crono_logical
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
As an overall OST, probably FF6's :p

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Albedo: FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX eat all those other games' OST's alive. Maybe if the other games didn't have such sissy protagonists. :mad2:

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM
FFVIII is the most amazing in IMO, followed by FFVII. Both are so emotional and powerful.

Fynn
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM
OK, so now I decided to post a number of FF tunes that I find "magical" ('cause even though the music improves with every part, even th earliest ones have some "magic"):
FFI - Chaos Shrine (Temple of the Fiends), Underwater Cave.
FFII - Main Theme, Aweking (the one where Minwu brings Firion back to life)
FFIII - Sorry, haven't played it (Please, don't kill me!!!)
FFIV - Rydia, Melody of Lute
FFV - Sadness, Home Sweet Home
FFVI - Terra, Celes, Forever Rachel
FFVII - AERIS' THEME, Main Theme, Tifa's Theme, J-E-N-O-V-A
FFVIII - See FFIII
FFIX - See Above
FFX - At Zanarkand, Assault, A Dream That Will End Someday, Suteki Da Ne, Lulu's Theme

Phew....

Prancing Mad
03-20-2006, 08:57 PM
8 and CC have the most fitting and best sountracks. I was disappointed by 10 actually. With the exception of like 3 songs, I didn't like it. Decisive Battle is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING though. It's unfortunate that the boss you fight while this plays is laughably easy

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh how I love Nobuo!!! I own every FF soundtrack he's done. To me, he is a musical genius. Is it true that he won't be doing any more music for future FFs? :cry:

Rengori
03-21-2006, 12:55 AM
FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX eat all those other games' OST's alive. Maybe if the other games didn't have such sissy protagonists. :mad2:
High Fives (the s is tagged on there just for all your personalities)!

Zeromus_X
03-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I love all of Uematsu's OSTs for FF games, but I above all love FFIII's OST. Simply breathtaking for a NES game. I also like FFVI, VIII, and alot of the others. :cat:

Darth Cid
03-21-2006, 03:46 AM
FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX eat all those other games' OST's alive. Maybe if the other games didn't have such sissy protagonists. :mad2:
High Fives (the s is tagged on there just for all your personalities)!

*Both high five trumpet thief's personalities as well*

Vyk
03-21-2006, 05:06 AM
I think Nobuo hit a plateu of greatness and just kinda stuck there. Sometimes he might take a step down. But he's always capable of just stepping back up. I don't think he really improves. Just shows his vercitility a little. Ever since FF4 he's been belting out some of gaming's most emotional/memorable melodies. And I would easily put some of his earlier works on par with things he still comes up with. Different, not better. Most of his work is just great. Old or new.

black orb
03-21-2006, 06:55 AM
>>> FF10 OST IS TEH ROXXOR!!!!!!!!!

Fynn
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I didn't mean thet his music gets better or worse. It's just that now he has much more possibilities and it seems as though he... moved on. His music has changed, but it's not better or worse. Just different. Just look, now in FF we have Orchestral, Techno, Metal, Ancient-Japan-Style tunes. And yes. Nobuo has, unfortunately, left SE. But don't fret! He said, in one of the interviews, that if there was another FF project, he would take the job. Y'know, he is a freelance composer now.:mog:

Evastio
03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
My favorite OST's are FFIII and FFIV. As well as FF Mystic Quest. (You have to admit although the gameplay wasn't the best the soundtrack was awesome)

FFIII - Sorry, haven't played it (Please, don't kill me!!!)
Don't worry. The only way to play FFIII is through emulation or through a Famicom. Which I actually happen to own. :)

Please no rapid fire questioning about my Famicom. :(

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Its between FFVII and X. Those two have the most quality tunes, not saying the others dont, but there are more memorable tunes from these two. If I was at Gun point.........FFVII

Ramza Beoulve
03-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Well, I love the FFVIII one, I play in my discman every time I made an exam "The Castle"