PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Problems

Dreddz
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I really dont wanna have to brick my Laptop, but its really starting to break. I cant seem to charge it. I plug in the AC power, but it still dosent charge. I always have to put my laptop in awkward positions to make the electricity go through and charge the Laptop. This is really annoying me as Im always having to run the machine on Battery when Im using it. The screen is dim when I do this. Anyone else have had this problem and could help me.

bipper
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a bad battery, or possibly dirty relays where your battery connects to the circut. Take out you battery, and clean the bay. This is a guess, but Electricity really does not work like water, where you have to tip it, less you are getting a connection when you tip it. This is my guess. If I am wrong - brick it :)

Bipper

Dreddz
03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I looked this all up and I think that I should get another adapter.
The only mofo'ing thing is that there is hardly any dell latitude 110l ac adapters out there....

bipper
03-20-2006, 08:49 PM
ewebay time

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok, I found an adapter, Im just worried that it isnt the adapter and the problem is inside the machine....

crono_logical
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
If it's the laptop, and not the adapter, that you're putting in funny positions to make the connection work, it sounds to me the socket on the laptop where the adapter plugs into is faulty :p

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 09:41 PM
What could of gone wrong though ?
Is it safe to open up the laptop and look into it. Is there anything I can do to help ???
EDIT - Oh, my laptop has had it and wont charge so I cant use it anymore. Also, You say its the socket but Im not sure as I have had to put to the wire into positions, ( wrapped over the top of the laptop ) for power to get through without moving the laptop. So Im not sure whether its the Laptop socket...

Endless
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
What brand is it?

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Dell latitude 110l

Endless
03-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I was asking because my wife had a Gateway laptop which had the same problem as yours. Long story short, the power contact that went loose is soldered to the motherboard, and the looseness meant that it was breaking apart. It broke once, we got the mb replaced (you need to replace the whole mb for that little piece of plastic crap), and it broke again 9 months after (this time, the contact blew up, because it was shorting and the heat made it go "bang"). We didn't bother with it after that.

Dreddz
03-23-2006, 07:06 PM
This is so odd. I bourght a new AC adapter today, and when I plugged it in and I thought my problem was solved. It seemed like power was easily getting through. After about 3 hours plugged in, its starting to break again. Im soooooooooo pissed. WTF IS GOING ON !!!!!
What do you think is going on ?

Endless
03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
My guess is what I described. The plug part inside the laptop is part of the motherboard and is starting to break apart.

Dreddz
03-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Is It safe to go into the machine and try to fix it, or do I absolutely have to buy a new *whatever*....