PDA

View Full Version : double cast

SaintDave
03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
hi this is a stupid question and dont slate me but im having trouble with braskas final aeon. ive been reading the walkthroughs on the net and it says about double cast. what is this? can anyone give me some tips on how to beat him? i so badly wanna beat this game i love it.
thanks.

SeeDRankLou
03-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Doublecast is an ability down Lulu's path. You can go down from Demi, and it will cost you 3 Lv.4 key spheres and 1 Lv.3 key sphere, or you can go down after the -aga spells, and it will cost you 1 or each. It is an ability that lets you cast two black magic spells in a row.

Now, for Braska's Final Aeon (aka Jecht). Have at least one characters (if not all) with armor that has Stoneproof on it. Jecht uses an attack that inflicts Petrify, and if he attacks that characters again, the character will shatter and you are down to two party members. If you can't have armor for everyone, immediately heal any petrified character. A simple strategy is to go into battle with everyone's overdrive full. Start the battle with Rikku casting Super Mighty G (Fire Gem + Lunar Curtain just to name one). Have someone Entrust to Rikku, pull out the two other party members you want to use, then have Rikku cast Trio of 9999 (Door to Tomorrow x2). Then have Wakka do Attack Reels, Lulu do a Fury, and finish with Yuna doing all of her aeon's overdrives, healing as needed in between.

However, if you are having trouble as you say you are, you might not have all the resources to do the above. So here's another strategy. Start the fight with Tidus, Auron, Yuna. Now, you might be tempted to kill the Yu Pagodas. Don't. Why you ask? The pagodas will cure Jecht for 1500 each per turn, as well as cure any status ailment. However, if you kill the pagoda, when it comes back to life, it will cure Jecht for however much damage you inflicted to destroy it. So if you had your strong attacker kill it with a 4000 attack, it will then cure Jecht for 4000 a turn. So, just ignore them. The reason for having Auron out is his Zombie Attack, which you might have unlocked. If you did, this is good, because Auron can use Zombie Attack on Jecht, and the pagoda will harm Jecht. It will heal the status effect, so you will constantly have to use Zombie Attack, but it's quicker damage. So, start the battle with Tidus using Hasteaga, have Auron use Zombie Attack (if not then Power Break), and have Yuna start to cast Protect on everyone. Remember to heal immediately if anyone is petrified. If you try to use an aeon, make sure it's an overdrive because Jecht will more than likely dispatch an aeon in one turn, he has a special move for them. Try to use attack that just hurt Jecht, and not the pagodas. You are given the option to "Talk!" to Jecht with Tidus. Save this until after Jecht pulls the sword from his stomach. The trick to this battle is simply keeping your HP up, staying in Haste, and not letting anyone get clobbered while in petrify. A very effective healing trick is to have Rikku cast Trio of 9999 with Yuna (or someone with Pray) out. Then have Yuna (or that character) cast Pray, and all will be healed for 9999 HP. Also, remember Rikku can use Al Bhed potion and other all party member potions, which sometimes are more effective than Yuna's healing. Save the "Talk!" command that Tidus has until after Jecht pulls out his sword, and his overdrive gauge starts filling up. In this form, his overdrive is the Jecht Shot, which will just obliterate your party (worse than Total Annihilation from Seymour). If you save your two "Talk!" 's for this, Jecht's overdrive gauge will return to zero and his turn will be skipped. You can only do this twice, so if he's still alive and his overdrive gauge fills for a third time, have Yuna block his Jecht Shot with an aeon using Shield. I think that's about it, just keep attacking and saying healed and Hasted.

SaintDave
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
cheers thanks for your help ill give it a go.
much appreciated.
:)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-20-2006, 08:37 PM
if all else fails, entering battle with full character and aeon overdrives never hurts, n wakkas attack reels deals some awesome damage. beyond that levelling is always gud (i know u didnt wanna hear that but meh wot u gona do!?)

Sergeant Hartman
03-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Train.

SaintDave
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
gave it a good go.
unsuccessful. lol
i got him to his secord form but he uses his sword that takes out everyone and i cant get a turn to heal.
what am i doing wrong?
please help this is doing my head in.
:mad2:

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 04:11 AM
Doublecast is an ability down Lulu's path. You can go down from Demi, and it will cost you 3 Lv.4 key spheres and 1 Lv.3 key sphere, or you can go down after the -aga spells, and it will cost you 1 or each. It is an ability that lets you cast two black magic spells in a row.

Now, for Braska's Final Aeon (aka Jecht). Have at least one characters (if not all) with armor that has Stoneproof on it. Jecht uses an attack that inflicts Petrify, and if he attacks that characters again, the character will shatter and you are down to two party members. If you can't have armor for everyone, immediately heal any petrified character. A simple strategy is to go into battle with everyone's overdrive full. Start the battle with Rikku casting Super Mighty G (Fire Gem + Lunar Curtain just to name one). Have someone Entrust to Rikku, pull out the two other party members you want to use, then have Rikku cast Trio of 9999 (Door to Tomorrow x2). Then have Wakka do Attack Reels, Lulu do a Fury, and finish with Yuna doing all of her aeon's overdrives, healing as needed in between.

However, if you are having trouble as you say you are, you might not have all the resources to do the above. So here's another strategy. Start the fight with Tidus, Auron, Yuna. Now, you might be tempted to kill the Yu Pagodas. Don't. Why you ask? The pagodas will cure Jecht for 1500 each per turn, as well as cure any status ailment. However, if you kill the pagoda, when it comes back to life, it will cure Jecht for however much damage you inflicted to destroy it. So if you had your strong attacker kill it with a 4000 attack, it will then cure Jecht for 4000 a turn. So, just ignore them. The reason for having Auron out is his Zombie Attack, which you might have unlocked. If you did, this is good, because Auron can use Zombie Attack on Jecht, and the pagoda will harm Jecht. It will heal the status effect, so you will constantly have to use Zombie Attack, but it's quicker damage. So, start the battle with Tidus using Hasteaga, have Auron use Zombie Attack (if not then Power Break), and have Yuna start to cast Protect on everyone. Remember to heal immediately if anyone is petrified. If you try to use an aeon, make sure it's an overdrive because Jecht will more than likely dispatch an aeon in one turn, he has a special move for them. Try to use attack that just hurt Jecht, and not the pagodas. You are given the option to "Talk!" to Jecht with Tidus. Save this until after Jecht pulls the sword from his stomach. The trick to this battle is simply keeping your HP up, staying in Haste, and not letting anyone get clobbered while in petrify. A very effective healing trick is to have Rikku cast Trio of 9999 with Yuna (or someone with Pray) out. Then have Yuna (or that character) cast Pray, and all will be healed for 9999 HP. Also, remember Rikku can use Al Bhed potion and other all party member potions, which sometimes are more effective than Yuna's healing. Save the "Talk!" command that Tidus has until after Jecht pulls out his sword, and his overdrive gauge starts filling up. In this form, his overdrive is the Jecht Shot, which will just obliterate your party (worse than Total Annihilation from Seymour). If you save your two "Talk!" 's for this, Jecht's overdrive gauge will return to zero and his turn will be skipped. You can only do this twice, so if he's still alive and his overdrive gauge fills for a third time, have Yuna block his Jecht Shot with an aeon using Shield. I think that's about it, just keep attacking and saying healed and Hasted.

Follow this then u will be fine k good luck :D

ehsteve
03-21-2006, 04:23 AM
If you don't have it yet, get Auron's banishing blade overdrive. Use this during the aeon's second form, and taking him down should be easy, as every attack will do 9999+ damage. Pair this with Tidus' blitz ace (if you have it) and the aeon will be down for the count before you know it.

Also, be sure to do as much with your sphere grid as you can just before the battle. You know all of those rare spheres you've been saving for a special occasion? Well, now is the time to use them. All of them. If you can, give Yuna powerful black magic and Lulu powerful white magic.

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Follow that too

SaintDave
03-21-2006, 06:00 PM
i cant wait till i beat it. im just gonna train for a couple of hours.
do you no any good places to train?

Leucant
03-21-2006, 06:08 PM
You can't go wrong with the Omega Ruins. There are several strong monsters in the area. However be careful because some of them cause wicked status ailments like the Molboros and the pharoah things. Happy Hunting.

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 07:08 PM
omega ruins zanarkand or thunder plains or lake macalania

ehsteve
03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I found that the best way to level up was to capture a lot of monsters from all throughout the game. Not only will you get experience, but you will also get rare and valuable goodies from the monster arena.

P.S. Leucant, the 'unknown' quote in your sig was first said by Emiliano Zapata.

4evarisha
03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea I did that it was cool.

Dell
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
I beat Braska Final Aeons both form with only aeons.

Bahamut, Anima, Ifrit, Valefor, Shiva, Ixion is used to finish first form.

Yojimbo and Magus Sisters is used to beat the second form.

Just to try Zanmato but he do Wakizashi, then he's death after a few turns.

Magus Sisters can handle theirself well, Auto-Life is what I have Cindy to uses, Sandy use supportive magic and Mindy with her magic. They are protected against status and that hell good. Moreover, Jecht Overdrives does only 2000 damage which is 1/4 of my Cindy healing damage. I beat them with this Three Sisters.

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
but i havent got any of the over aeons. doh! im screwed. lol im just gonna train for a while and hope i can beat him.
is it hard gettin the ova aeons?

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 04:20 PM
im gonna give it anova go soon and i was just wondering how should i approach it. shall i defend or attack it not worrying about my health?

Leucant
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
It depends on how many of the extra ones that you do have...If the last aeon you acquired was just bahamut then i'd say it could be very time consuming...especially if you have to go back to get all the items from the temples(I'm not entirely sure but i don't think you can get the one in bevelle temple) honestly if you train enough you should have no trouble...I mean how strong is Tidus and Auron at this point for you??? Usually when i face Jecht Tidus and Auron are hitting somewhere in the high 20 thousands for me. Vivi's advice is dead on btw...if you go in with everyone in the party and your aeons in overdrive its kinda hard to lose the battle.

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
20 thousands how did you manage that then? i aint even gonna say what my tidus and auron take off lol.

Leucant
03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I have both of their ultimate weapons with break damage limit break or whatever...plus i made Tidus go through and acquire the strength nodes that Auron has on his path and vice versa... their strength is ridiculous but its pretty much the weapons that make them so strong

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
oh right. i have my team and aeons with overdrives and i use them all in the second form straight away. is this correct? once they all used all there overdrives, he has about 50k life left which is annoying.

Leucant
03-22-2006, 04:48 PM
If any of your aeons are still alive(preferable Ifrit, Shiva, Ixion because they can heal themselves) have them pound away at him for awhile and heal themselves accordingly. You should be able to take off alot of hp maybe 20-30k and the last hp should be no trouble for your party

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 04:53 PM
the first thing i do is use my aeons overdrive and afterwards he just uses his sword a few times and then im dead. how can i keep them alive?

Leucant
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
hmmm...honestly(not trying to sound conceded or ne thing) i've never actually had this problem with him.So what is happening are you using their overdrives and then he gets a couple of turns in a row to hit you right? if that's the case i would bring out the aeons and have them use thier regular and special attacks so he only gets one turn at you. You can heal them this way and cause some damage and then when it looks like he will take them out in the next turn unload their overdrive. The only problem with this strategy is that you have to time your attacks correctly cause if he kills your aeon you lose a precious overdrive and it could cost you the battle. Normally in this battle my aeons use their overdrive and then he hits them a few times and they get overdrive again and i get like 2 overdrives with each aeon. He's not killing your aeons in one strike is he???

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
nah he uses his sword like 2-3 times in a row so i havent really got a chance to use a second over drive.
its strange because i walked through the game quite easily and i found the bosses not all that hard apart from this one.

Leucant
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Sometimes the bastard gets lucky and puts together the right chain of attacks to throw you off. Sounds like youve trained enough especially if you didn't have trouble with seymours third battle. Usually that's the toughest battle for me because i don't have the strongest weapons and such... maybe Jecht is just getting lucky

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
yeh its really annoying. i just wanna complete it so bad and see what happens in the end.

Leucant
03-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Whatever you do keep plugging away at it... It is by far the BEST ending imo to any RPG i've ever played. Makes all the time you've put into it really worth while

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
If you have the Magus Sisters already, you should not have ANY trouble with both of the forms. However, getting them is a time consuming process, you can't control them directly, and you will have to train anyway, because their stats are suckage when you get them (unless Yuna has completed hers and at least one more section of the grid).

In short... totally worth it.

But really, you should not have too much trouble with using Auron/Tidus/Yuna; as long as Auron knows Zombie attack, you won't need Celestial Weapons (you really don't). Since the Pagodas heal Jecht, raise his Overdrive, and null any statuses you inflict on him, the best option is to leave them alone. If you kill one, then its HP will raise by whatever amount of damage you inflicted on it to kill it, and its HP will continue to raise. (First one killed only, second one killed does not receive bonuses).

The key to surviving is Protect and Haste. Nearly all of Jecht's attacks are physical, so cast Haste on Yuna first (or Hastega on all if you have it, which I assume you do). when Zombie'd, Jecht also takes major damage from curative spells, so throw X-potions if you have them while he is Zombie'd. (but not the Life spell, so don't bother with that or Pheonix Downs, when Zombie'd, he begins to glow an alternating green/normal colors). Also, his Overdrive will not charge the first time he is "healed" by a Pagoda when Zombie'd.

If you wish to use Rikku's Trio of 9999, then Pray and all attacks will do 9999 (but not more, if they cannot already surpass 9999 damage). Lulu , Kimahri, and Wakka are non-factors in this battle, unless you can consistently disable the Pagodas, without going out of your way. This means Ultima, another time consuming hassle to get (in this case, not worth it). Remember to heal Petrify when it occurs.

With Tidus' "Talk" command, SeeD already covered it. Use it when Jecht's Overdrive bar begins pass the initial orange part (about 5/6ths of the way). It also delays Jecht' turn by 1.5 turns. His Overdrive WILL kill you if you ahve less than 9999 HP, so it is easier not ever having to see it (but if you want a description, it looks like Vivi's Meteor [FFIX], crossed with Lulu's Ultima in outerspace), before it hits you for UBER WTF PWNAGE damage. If it is, then hope Yuna has time for a turn, and summon an Aeon to take the hit.

With this knowledge, you should not have ANY problems fighitng Jecht, even if you only have at most, 3500 HP (I wish someone had told me about all of this crap...). Weapons are also a non factor unless you can do more than 9999 without Trio of 9999. (But using whichever ones you choose should be fine; Armor is VERY important, if you can, equip with Stoneproof/Ward, +HP/+MP, and the fourth slot is your choice, Auto-Protect, perhaps)

SaintDave
03-22-2006, 06:11 PM
i dont have zombie attack. where abouts is it on the grid?

Leucant
03-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Zombie attack is at the top of the sphere grid somewhere in the middle... It's realistically the last attack that goes in Auron's repitoire of armor break, magic break stuff like that...

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
It is behind a level 4 lock at the top of the grid. It is between Wakka's and Tidus's sections, directly above Mental/Armor Break, but it takes about 30 Sphere Levels to get from Armor and Mental Break to get to Zombie Attack. It is to the right of Entrust and Sentinel. On the way there, there is also a level 1 lock on Auron's path.

SaintDave
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I DID IT.
at last. thanks for all your help guys, wouldnt of done it without ya
brilliant ending.
im off to play x-2.
thanks guys!

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I DID IT.
at last. thanks for all your help guys, wouldnt of done it without ya
brilliant ending.
im off to play x-2.
thanks guys!

Lol, I WOULD stop you from playing FFX-2, but it's completely your choice. You shouldn't have any problems with the game's difficulty if your controller is plugged in.

SaintDave
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
i gotta play throught the pain that is ffx-2. you gotta find out what happens though havent ya? lol

ehsteve
03-24-2006, 07:59 PM
im off to play x-2.

DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL REGRET IT IF YOU DO!!!
Believe me, nothing of any storyline significance to FFX happens in FFX-2. Seriously. In fact, all X-2's story did was to make the ending to FFX much much worse.

SaintDave
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
haha too late already 3 hours in. its not in the same league as X but its playable (just).

ehsteve
03-24-2006, 10:23 PM
I would say that it gets worse before it gets better, but that would be lying. It doesn't get better.

SaintDave
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
haha i take it your not a fan?

ehsteve
03-25-2006, 12:05 AM
I think I said it best in this topic. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=80878)