PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Sequel on PS3!

Rocket Edge
03-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Square-Enix have announced that they will make a sequel to 7 if the demand is high enough. They said it was likely (hell, the demand will be high enough). I forget the source i got this off, but it WAS posted on an official site. Will post the source soon... Thoughts?

>The report was from Magic Box. They said-
"At the Shibuya Tsutaya Final Fantasy XII launch event, when Square Enix president Yoichi Wada was asked about the existence of a Final Fantasy VII remake on PS3, he smiled and mentioned that such remake is likely to happen with a large demand, but it is very difficult, the company is currently examining the possibilities."

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
i got all excited when i saw sequel i was like XD but then i saw remake, which was still XD :D

i saw something like that too, tho they sed it wud take like 5 years to make, plus they have to wait for all the original designers to finish their current projects. so u lukin at 7 years if there is gona b one

cloud_doll
03-20-2006, 09:25 PM
do you mean a remake of the original or a different game sequeling it? i hope they just make a remake

Anniexo
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
OH DEAR GOD NO.

Like we haven't gotten enough of that game. I can already hear a fanboy shouting "This is for you, Aeris!"

Take it you don't like this game (if you don't then why you here?)

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 02:56 AM
I think a remake of VII on the ps3 would be fun stuff. :)

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Why do I have a feeling that this once again has something to do with that damn PS3 Tech demo?

Zeromus_X
03-21-2006, 03:12 AM
No. Just...no.

I love FFVII as much as the next person, but I will not stand for any more sequels/spin offs/garbage. SE going to run out of milk sometime, they've already screwed over VII's continuity as it is :eep:

And I'm pretty sure that you're just talking about the tech demo anyway...:cat:

Fonzie
03-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Hmm that'd be pretty sweet actually. Lets hope they don't milk it though. After its been remade they'll remake it again for the PS7

yuripa
03-21-2006, 05:54 AM
thats cool :D

Mo-Nercy
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
No. So FF7 was your first FF? Mine too. Big deal, get over it. You've played the game fifty million times already, you've watched the movie sequel and you're about to go out and buy the PS2 shooter sequel.

Games are about gameplay, not graphics. I wouldn't buy a remake of FF7 unless the gameplay was REALLY different.

sephiroth9006
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
After square already announced that as long as the consoles were backward compatable they wouldn't be making any remakes?

Somehow i doubt it.

Rocket Edge
03-21-2006, 05:20 PM
After square already announced that as long as the consoles were backward compatable they wouldn't be making any remakes?

Somehow i doubt it.
Well they said that at first, but now as we can see, he said differantly.

do you mean a remake of the original or a different game sequeling it? i hope they just make a remake
I'm not sure, but im guessing it will be a remake

I think a remake of VII on the ps3 would be fun stuff.
Me too.:) Although one of 8 would be better :D

edczxcvbnm
03-21-2006, 05:42 PM
He was put on the spot and that is no offical word that they are making it or have plans to make it. With the massive hype for all the FFVII spin offs the demand is there but they still have not done /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif on a sequel yet.

This means nothing.

silentenigma
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I would LOVE to see a Final Fantasy VII remake. Along with all the preceeding ones that weren't fortunate enough to have ultra-realistic graphics at their release like FF8 and up were.

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
:eek:
I think Im dreaming
I feel like im in an eternal Bliss.....

Vyk
03-21-2006, 11:08 PM
All the heads of Square's end of Square-Enix and those that worked on FF7 say they'd like to remake/sequal FF7 if they could. That doesn't mean they will. its just a sentiment they share. Its one of the reasons they chose FF7 for the tech demo. Not only for its popularity with gamers. But its popularity internally in the company. But again. Its more of a pipe dream right now. Everyone's working on seperate projects. So no. Nothing official. And it doesn't sound like a project that they're even putting on the back burner to work on in spare time or anything. Its just a thought. Nothing more.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not getting a ps3 no matter what.
and i don't see the big deal about viewing the better graphics...sure that's not what makes the game fun, but they are nice and can make the game experience better for some people (especially those more interested in the story than the gameplay itself...but that's just wierd)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
remake= hell yes i would like one
sequel= nooooo

Wuggly Blight
03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
i dont think much more could be done without ruining the world unless its pulled off well, a remake would be good. See it updated and fresh like it was to me when it was new. There is so much that could be added without the need for a sequal, I wouldnt want the questions answered, thats what makes it fun but there is alot of room for answers, more mysteries, more developed towns and sidequests, more side stories more detail in the world, FF8 was very good for putting in History. Im sure Square has alot more things they would of wanted to expand upon. A larger more explorable Midgar (Preferably upper) would be pretty nifty.

Setzer Gabianni
03-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Woah hold on - they CANNOT do a remake!

Wanna know why?

Barrett and Cids swearing?! You cann't have a remake, with voices, and no classic raging swearing moments.

Man, think about how the characters would be portrayed..Cid + Barrett = like AC versions. Sucky.

~Setzer Gabianni

BudSoda02
03-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Why do I have a feeling that this once again has something to do with that damn PS3 Tech demo?

Same here. This board is just another rumor mill wich should be shut down. Square will never remake their old PS1 games unless they're starting to go in the hole. (Bring on the hate mail.)
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

DudeSon2004
03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Yes this certainly would be a treat for the eyes once again:choc:

*Sephiroth'sGurl*
03-27-2006, 06:05 AM
I heard that its not quite official yet, but i have seen the demo for FF VII on PS3, the graphics are incredible!!

http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/games/ff7/images/3.jpg

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-27-2006, 06:12 AM
I know that a remake with PS3 graphics would be so cool, but what if they screw it up and it makes the original one look bad. I would love to have the ORIGINAL done with the PS3 graphics, but if they remake it, they probably will edit alot of stuff and change alot of things and it would suck if they screwed it up big time. Just think of that. So, no they shouldn't remake it. :confused: