PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Any other crazy HP fans go out and grab Goblet of Fire on DVD? Boyfriends bought my copy for Ł16 from Virgin:mad: Its HP, so I cant complain. Havent watched it fully yet, but Im going to get comfy later and watch the whole 2 hours and 30 minutes of it :D

Did you enjoy it or do you prefer the books? I love the books myself and the films are purely a visual, but the last 2 were the best. The first 2 were very cheesy and horrid!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Im a big, big fan of HP. Havent watched that one yet :(. Cant wait to get it yet!:D

Odaisé Gaelach
03-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not going to buy it but the Goblet of Fire was definitely the best of the books.

Master Quan
03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Whilst, yes, I did enjoy the books, the film adaptations were awful. Daniel Radcliffe is the most wooden actor ever. EVER.

I will not be buying the DVD.

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2006, 10:29 PM
I was at the midnight showing when it was released in theatres, but I dont have the cash for the DVD yet.

It has a lot of Fred and George Weasley, so I'll definitly be buying it. I'm so hot for them xD

Shlup
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I saw it for the first time this weekend; my boyfriend's sister's copy. Her dad accidently bought the one without special features though.

I haven't read any of the books, but I'm liking each movie more than the last.

kikimm
03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I prefer the books, but the movies can be fun. Especially when you're with your friends. Who are puking all over themselves. xD Of course, those aren't my friends, other people's friends!

I thought the 3rd movie was better than the 4th, though. That director was the best out of all of them, and I wish he'd do the rest of the movies.

Chris
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I loved all of the movies so far, but this one was perhaps the very best of the bunch. So yes, I'll be buying this one as soon as it comes out. :)

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I really liked Goblet of Fire, liked it more than Prisoner of Askaban... but I think PoA was certainly a better movie. Better style. GoF had WAY too much stuff to cram into one movie. I wish they would have split it into two.

Master Quan
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
That's what annoyed me about it. It's like, "Whey! I can't believe we're at the Quidditch world cu- IRELAND WIN!".

Chris
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
It has a lot of Fred and George Weasley, so I'll definitly be buying it. I'm so hot for them xD
I did not like their hair in this movie. Ron is so much...erm, funnier than the two of them. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Man, don't get her started.

Shlup
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
GoF did seem to move really fast. As I understand it, the books get longer each time, right? The next one's gonna be interesting.

And all the characters are becoming increasingly hot. They'd better grow up soon or I'll have to join Kishi's club.

Master Quan
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Actually, the sixth book, in terms of actual plot, is fairly short.

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, the Weasley twins keep getting hotter and hotter. The Phelps twins who play them are 20, though, so I can say this without guilt.

I mean, not that I would care anyway.

And yeah, the books do get longer and more involved... they're gonna continue this fast pace, and I'm gonna be annoyed.

If they cut the Fred and George scene near the end of Order of the Phoenix... I'll be pissed.

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought the 3rd movie was better than the 4th, though. That director was the best out of all of them, and I wish he'd do the rest of the movies.
Totally agree, I enjoyed it also cause Im a Sirius Black fan and I was over the moon when Gary Oldman was cast for his part. Dreading the next movie :( PoA was amazing because it was so dark and eerie, not childish in the slightest, although Snape in Nevillies (whose from Leeds, down the road!!!!) grandmas clothes made my day :D

And all the characters are becoming increasingly hot. They'd better grow up soon or I'll have to join Kishi's club.
I fell for Emma Watson in PoA :D Creepy I know, but she is so attractive for a young gril. Also Krum was HELLO! And Dracos becoming a heart breaker :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Harry Potter is for little girls and boys
am I an idiot if I like it?

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Hell no man. I really did loathe HP when it was released (when I was in high school) and I refused to read it. Then one day I was bored at home, ill, so I looked through my brothers books and found the first book. And Ive never regretted it! That was round 5 years ago. My family all think Im mad but they still buy me anything HP related, my aunt took me to the Teddy Bear Factory in Manchester for my 21st and I made a HP bear! Im a big fan :D

Chris
03-20-2006, 10:50 PM
My aunt took me to the Teddy Bear Factory in Manchester for my 21st and I made a HP bear! Im a big fan :D
What the hell? xD
Anyways, I still haven't read the books. Which editions should I buy guys?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM

In case your wondering I feel like a bit of a nob admitting I like Harry Potter. Best not read them if you consider yourself a tough guy:)

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:01 PM
I prefer the paperback versions to the hardback ones if thats what your refering too. Although I love the hardback because of the gorgeous covers.

What the hell? xD
Oh yes, they had a Harry Potter pack, glasses, robe, hat, shoes. The wards wrer sold out but they are getting more in stock :D

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2006, 11:02 PM

In case your wondering I feel like a bit of a nob admitting I like Harry Potter. Best not read them if you consider yourself a tough guy:)

Eh, but looking at me most people wouldnt think I read/watched Harry Potter. But I really dont care what other people think :)

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I dont have the adult editions, I have the 'children' ones. I dont care if people are looking at me cause Im enjoying it and I paid for the book. I have had some negative and posertive looks from people when Im on the train, Ive even had kids smiling at me as Im reading it.

Shlup
03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
When my 300-pound ex-football player friend and my boyfriend's little sister get in the same room, you can bet there'll be Harry Potter talk. xP

Nothin' wrong with liking Harry Potter. I'm not into it enough to actually read the books (I only read books with hot sex kthx) but I like it enough.

scooby
03-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by mobiletype
Best not read them if you consider yourself a tough guy.:) Pfft. Rubbish. Afterall, I would consider Harry himself to be something of a "tough guy". Sure, he may not have tattoos (unless Ginny was serious) and spend his days lifting weights at the gym, but he has defeated a Dark Lord, uh.... 5 times.:) I'll take Harry over your regular "tough guy" any day.

I've been into "Harry Potter" since I was 8 (1998). And I've seen the GOF movie 4 times (in the cinema). I think I'll wait for the special editions of the movies (with commentaries) to buy them on DVD, though. I shall forbear buying them for a little longer.

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM
but he has defeated a Dark Lord, uh.... 5 times. I'll take Harry over your regular "tough guy" any day.
Not on his own, he has always recieved help when battling Voldemort. I do like Harry, but the typical moody teenager routine does annoy me and I hope I wasnt as bad as him when I was a teen, cant remember if I was that moody.

scooby
03-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
Not on his own, he has always recieved help when battling Voldemort. Uh, what help did he recieve aged-one, when he defeated Voldemort so thoroughly that his soul was left to drift without a body for 13 years? (Anyone who's read HBP will now know why he wasn't defeated completely that night. Horcruxes.)

Harry is always helped with solving the latest mystery; Ron and Hermione can (and do) only follow him so far. At the end, he always stands alone.

I do like Harry, but the typical moody teenager routine does annoy me and I hope I wasnt as bad as him when I was a teen, cant remember if I was that moody.Uh, defeated any Dark Lords lately? Watched many of your friends and family get murdered by one right before your eyes? I'm surprised Harry isn't holed up in the psychiatric ward at St. Mungos by now.... We can forgive him a few tantrums, surely...?

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Uh, what help did he recieve aged-one, when he defeated Voldemort so thoroughly that his soul was left to drift without a body for 13 years?
His mothers love, thats how he survived. Without it he wouldnt have lived.

Uh, defeated any Dark Lords lately? Watched many of your friends and family get murdered by one right before your eyes? I'm surprised Harry isn't holed up in the psychiatric ward at St. Mungos by now.... We can forgive him a few tantrums, surely...?
Uh excuse me, but whats with the attitude. No I havent watched friends and family getting murdered, but I have watched family members and a close friend slowly dying! I was talking about his typical teenage attitude towards friends, having mini rows with Ron and Hermoine, etc. I wasnt refered to his magical world, I was commenting on him as a normal teenager.

Death Penalty
03-20-2006, 11:50 PM
He sucks I just dont like moody teenagers. Especially when comboed with saves the world

scooby
03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Death Penalty
He sucks I just dont like moody teenagers. Especially when comboed with saves the world Makes me wonder why you like Final Fantasy.... :p

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter the character. I find him to be something of a selfish little jerk at times (and really, fanboy, dont jump on me just because I dont agree with you). Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough). Neville has never once doubted Harry, and I dont think Harry appreciates that.

Harry drove me nuts all through HPB.

Anyway, for me, it's the world and the supporting character that make HP books so good.

I didnt start reading HP until after I was forced to watch the first movie. Once I saw the scene at the train station with Fred and George ("Really woman, and you call yourself our mother?") I was completly in love.

Hmm.. I should make a Fred Weasley sig xD

Death Penalty
03-20-2006, 11:56 PM
They are moody adults not teens there is a diffenrence. Its small and minscule but its there.

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Maybe she was refering to Squall. I liked him because I was a teen whilst playing it and I wanted the world to leave me be.

Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough).
I agree, the fame of being the boy who lived had gone to his head abit there maybe. Far enough Neville and Luna arent the popular wizards, but they are so unique and interesting.

Death Penalty
03-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Squall. Oh the one from the only FF I hate. Makes sence

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe she was refering to Squall. I liked him because I was a teen whilst playing it and I wanted the world to leave me be.

Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough).
I agree, the fame of being the boy who lived had gone to his head abit there maybe. Far enough Neville and Luna arent the popular wizards, but they are so unique and interesting.

I agree with Harry that they arent exactly the coolest kids on the block. Luna is downright odd, and he barely knew her then. It just angered me that Neville, uncool and nerdly though he may be, has always always had Harry's back. He's stood up for Harry easily as often as Hermione and Ron, perhaps moreso. It really bothered me that Harry was embarassed to be seen with him in front of Cho, after all that Neville has said in Harry's defense.

scooby
03-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter the character. I find him to be something of a selfish little jerk at times (and really, fanboy*, dont jump on me just because I dont agree with you). Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough). Neville has never once doubted Harry, and I dont think Harry appreciates that.

Harry drove me nuts all through HPB. Oh, I'm not very fond of Harry (the guy), either. Mostly because he lies, cheats, spies on people, is fatally reckless, and has a nasty vengeful streak. It just bothers me when people rag on him for his moodiness. I think he has earned it far more than your average teenager.

Meh - I'm being self-contradictory. Forget it.

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM
He certainly has the right to be sad and upset about a lot of the things that happen to him. He's been through a lot. But he takes it out on other people so often that it's really just disgusting. Particularily in OotP when he was snapping at Hermione every other page. That's the moodiness that bothers most people, I'm sure. Not his sadness over the loss of his parents, the weight of his burden, and the death in his life.

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Off topic, here's the two goblins:

:eep:

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 12:10 AM
It just bothers me when people rag on him for his moodiness. I think he has earned it far more than your average teenager.
Well let it bother you, come on its an opinion. And what do you mean hes earned it? He lost his parents? So have many other teens out there, who are real, not fictional characters. Some teens dont even have a family! My boyfriend knows a guy whose entire close family died in a pile up on a family outing! He know has to live with complete strangers. I can repsect that guy if hes pissed off and moody. Harrys attitdude towards others, specially his friends sometimes is cruel and should be lucky they remain his friends.

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:11 AM
*orgasms*

Christ, they are so freaking hot. And their characters are easily the best in the series (just my opinion :) )

Oh Fred Weasley *caresses*

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
*orgasms*

Christ, they are so freaking hot. And their characters are easily the best in the series (just my opinion :) )

How can you single him out? They look exactly alike. :eep:

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh! The pics didnt show up before, wondered what you were talking about Chris. How the heck can you tell them apart? Ive never looked close enough to find out! ANd I think they look more attractive now then in the last 3 movies, I like their trendy hairstyles :D

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:15 AM
*orgasms*

How can you single him out? They look exactly alike. :eep:

Well first off, Fred is a more outgoing character than George.

Secondly, I can usually tell which is which. They dont look exactly alike, Oliver (George) has a mole on the right side of his neck.

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Secondly, I can usually tell which is which. They dont look exactly alike, Oliver (George) has a mole on the right side of his neck.
So much detail. That disturbs me a little. :sweatdrop

I wish they would cast Grace Jones in the next movie. :love:

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
As a member of the Ministry or a Death Eater?

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Like I said, they're my favorite characters. I think the Phelps twins are immensely attractive. Hell, this obsession started a friendship for me with a girl at Goblet of Fire. She's one of my very best friends. She loves George, and I love Fred. :love:

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Double wedding :D God that would be funny. A Weasley wedding!

Death Penalty
03-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I now know more about The Abominatrix than I ever wished to know.

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 12:23 AM
We are the Weasley wives after all. xD

And that's how most people feel about me, DP xD

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Whoa you know them really well Abominatrix......o.O

The only book where Harry really bugged me was in OotP...other than that...I've pretty much liked him all the way through. Much of the supporting cast is far more memorable than him, though. Well, all of the supporting cast, actually. Including dead people... But I think Harry was written generically on purpose, so we could form an image of his character in our minds and relate to him in our own way. Or something.

Yes, they are all getting very hot....but any fan of the movies who is not checking out the books is doing themselves a disservice. Books are strongly recommended to all to get the full backstory! Otherwise you'll never know how deep the rabbit hole goes. *slips on reflective matrix-esque frames*

Shlup
03-21-2006, 12:32 AM
*doesn't care how deep the rabbit hole goes*

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:33 AM
*doesn't care how deep the rabbit hole goes*
Might you be the friend Ashley is talking about? :eep:

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 01:42 AM
I've known Mandee since junior high.

The girl I met at the midnight showing of GoF is named Brittany, she doesnt hang here.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Just a note on Order of the Phoenix, I had heard an interesting rumor that it was actually ghost-written, and not written by JKR herself. The validity of that is debateable but either way Harry annoyed me to no end in that book.

Miriel
03-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Just a note on Order of the Phoenix, I had heard an interesting rumor that it was actually ghost-written, and not written by JKR herself. The validity of that is debateable but either way Harry annoyed me to no end in that book.
:eek:

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 04:15 AM
True his teeniness was at an all time high

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Given how much Harry gets on my nerves in that book in comparison to the others (i.e. not at all), that actually wouldn't surprise me so much. You know, if it wasn't just a rumor, that is.

DMKA
03-22-2006, 06:05 AM
I love the movies, haven't read any of the books. I wouldn't call myself a "fan", but I really did love the Goblet of Fire. I'll most likely end up buying them all on DVD a few years from now when they aren't making the movies any more and they're being sold together in a box set. Besides, rumor has it that Rowling will kill him off in the next, and to be the final book (I strongly stress the "rumor" part).

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Yeah, that seems to be the strong suspicion, what with the books getting so dark so near to the end...

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 06:30 AM
The next is confirmed as the final book, and has been from the beginning. Seven books, one for each term of Hogwarts, though <b>HPB</b> pretty much states that they wont be at Hogwarts during year 7.

I doubt they'll kill him off. I really doubt it.

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Why did Dumbledore have to die?!?!?!:crying2:

black orb
03-22-2006, 06:41 AM
>>> The only thing I liked about the movie was that naughty ghost girl..

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Because HPB Dumbledore was the thing keeping Voldemort from Harry. Throughout the books, they talk about how Dumbledore is the only wizard Voldemort fears. They say it a lot, over and over. Dumbledore had to die to force the conflict between Harry and Voldemort. He no longer has anything to hide behind.

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 06:46 AM
I know that but it still sucks. And to think I used to like Snape

I don't know if that has to be a spoiler but I though it may of given people ideas:shifty:

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I think there's a lot more to that situation than we're being told. I'll reserve my judgements till after the final book.

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
On Mugglenet.com they have some very interesting theories on what happened at the end of HBP. All disturbed readers should check it out if you haven't already.

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 08:40 AM
to mugglenet.com I go

Twilight Edge
03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey,I'm new to this thread.So,which book are we talking about now?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
How did you ever read the books if you can't read a thread on a message board?

ehsteve
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
www.harrypotterportal.com

(Shameless advertising, I know)

~SapphireStar~
03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey,I'm new to this thread.So,which book are we talking about now?
We werent. I started talking about the GoF DVD and we took off from there. Keep up.