PDA

View Full Version : I have the least "conventional" taste in music.

Master Quan
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
I only like two types of music. Rap and Orchestral. In addition to this, I find any kind of gothic, grunge, rock, metal, stuff that sounds like Green Day, punk and pop (haha, okay, that's not so unconventional) music absolutely awful.

Am I the only one?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
I only enjoy music by composer Tarquinio Merula and the Sneaker Pimps.

Death Penalty
03-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I like rap.

Shlup
03-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I only like banjo music. So there!

Chris
03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I almost only listen to Grace Jones and Sinéad O'Connor.

Luther X-Rated
03-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm a big fan of punk/gothic music.
I'm a big fan of AFI

Venom
03-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Hell I only listen to W.A.S.P. and megadeth out of all 123 Cd's I own.

Thats pretty sad.

Crushed Hope
03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I listen to only the most kvlt and n3kr0 black metal bands that no one has ever heard of.

*is not listening to Amorphis right now* >_>;;

Manveru Machinae
03-21-2006, 12:57 AM
I only listen to bands that broke up before I was born and new unsigned bands no one will ever hear of, mostly from other countries.

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I like music from all genres, anything that catches my ear. I'm not picky.

Momiji
03-21-2006, 01:34 AM
I love emo/screamo/hardcore rock. I know most people here hate it though. :rolleyes2

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Nah, quite a few songs from those genres have caught my ear. You wouldn't think it, but I am a very angry person, full of rage and inner turmoil. My music helps exorcise my many demons, and keeps me sane when I just want to kill and kill again. :)

Elite Lord Sigma
03-21-2006, 03:00 AM
I only like two types of music. Rap and Orchestral. In addition to this, I find any kind of gothic, grunge, rock, metal, stuff that sounds like Green Day, punk and pop (haha, okay, that's not so unconventional) music absolutely awful.

Am I the only one?

No, only I hate mainstream rap and emo rock.

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2006, 03:13 AM

You get an A+. I don't listen to O'Connor so much...but Grace Jones A+A+A+A+.

I listen to Malice Mizer, Gackt, Utada Hikaru, children of Bodom, a lot of Classical, Opera, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab for Cutie, Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Manson, K-Os, Kanye West, Kardinal Offishal, Morning Musume, Shonen Knife, Puffy Amiyumi, The Pillows, the Forgotten Rebels, Misfits...

the list goes on. I don't listen to one genre...and I don't really listen to bands, I usually only like a few songs from one band.

Kirobaito
03-21-2006, 03:22 AM
I listen to almost nothing electric. I prefer the acoustic sound and the folk style. I find rock and rap music absolutely awful.

Rye
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM

I listen to Malice Mizer, Gackt, Utada Hikaru, children of Bodom, a lot of Classical, Opera, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab for Cutie, Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Manson, K-Os, Kanye West, Kardinal Offishal, Morning Musume, Shonen Knife, Puffy Amiyumi, The Pillows, the Forgotten Rebels, Misfits...

the list goes on. I don't listen to one genre...and I don't really listen to bands, I usually only like a few songs from one band.

OH MY GOD, CHRIS FOUND A FAN OF GRACE JONES! :D

I have a pretty big taste in music, though I'm really not a fan of rap or country. Lately, I've been getting a bit picky though, and have only been listening to opera, very acoustic rock, a bit of J-Pop, and stuff like Tori Amos and Regina Spektor and the Dresden Dolls, which I suppose it crazy chick on piano rock?

Chris
03-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Sugar pie!!!! *drools*

:love:

Edit: Now there's only 5543 to go. :(

nik0tine
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I love punk rock, Bob Dylan, and Bach.

Giga Guess
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I listen to....well.....pretty much anything.

Vincent Valentine
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I will listen to anything.

As long as it's good.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, my tastes in music are a lot more unconventional than that of most. For example, I listen to Frank Zappa. All you need to do is download "The Gumbo Varaitions" and listen to a few minutes of the 17 minute epic, and you will see how unconventional my tastes are!;)

Avathar
04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I listen to as good as everything. :kaocheer: From Apocalyptica to Frank Zappa, and from Marilyn Manson to Bob Marley. ^^

I love emo/screamo/hardcore rock.

Lol, i know about emo, but screamo?:D LOL , what's that then? Emo kids thinking their music could improve with some screaming?:p

eestlinc
04-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I only listen to early 20th century <A href=http://personal-pages.lvc.edu/~snyder/em/russolo.html>futurists</a>, <a href=http://emfinstitute.emf.org/exhibits/xenakisconcret.html>Xenakis' <i>Concret PH</i></a>, and the collected works of <a href=http://www.louismoreaugottschalk.com/>Louis Moreau Gottschalk</a>.

Del Murder
04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I listen to almost nothing electric. I prefer the acoustic sound and the folk style. I find rock and rap music absolutely awful.
How can you say that Teksus Rainja?

I don't like people who just sing. You have to at least play an instrument to get my attention. Voice is the most overrated instrument.

Moon Rabbits
04-14-2006, 05:43 PM
My tastes are constantly changing, usually im into one type of music one week, then a different type the next...only a few bands from each genre make it into permanent rotation.

As for this week, it's techno and darkwave...I'm listening to DJ Trashy right now, Birthday Massacre is pretty good, KLF is good too, and Enigma...

I dunno, I like any genre, as long as it sounds good to me...my taste sweeps from Alternative to crazy Synthpop so....yeah.

Madame Adequate
04-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I listen to pretty much everything, except modern R'n'B, mainstream rap, and Coldplay. Anything else at least gets a chance.

The Void
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I've got a diverse taste in music Joy Division/Bob Marley/Smashing Pumpkins/Tupac/Cat Stevens/Radiohead/Beethoven/Carly Simon/The Clash/Kate Bush, loads of different sounds, the main thing is lyrics, they've got speak to me in someway. The music i dont like is mondern RAP + R'n'B, Boy Bands and groups like Slipknot/System of a Down. :eep:

LunaticPandora37
04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm a big fan of punk/gothic music.
I'm a big fan of AFI

AFI is awesome!!!

i listen to a lot of everything besides for recorded new rap/hip hop and r&b...

Dream theater (best band ever!!!!!!!!!)

Dir en grey

mozart 40th symphony

ween

dead milkmen

gary jules

but yea i mainly listen to progressive metal/death metal...industrial too

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Im not too adventurous either, I try to like other stuff. But generally stick to Hip Hop, Reggae and DNB

Avathar
04-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Kenji Kawaii FTW!!! :kaolove:

farplaner
04-16-2006, 05:45 AM
I am majoring in Music (newly declared) and have gotten into classical. I like Bach, but otherwise I prefer Beethoven and later composers. I haven't gotten far into the 20th century, but a few of my favorites are: (the two previously mentioned), Chopin, Debussy, Schubert, Mussorgsky (or versions of his music by Tchaikovsky and Ravel), Stravinsky... calssical has put rock in the backseat for me, but I will definitely be picking up Tool's new one "Vicarious" as soon as it comes out.

I can't forking STAND rap! which is why I find your interests in rap and orchestral quite odd, master quan, but different strokes and so on...

Ramza Beoulve
04-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Most played music in my player

MEGADETH-BACH-CASTLEVANIA OST's

MEGADETH RULES!!! BACH IS COOL!!! CASTLEVANIA IS WONDERFULL!!!

Yeah, I'm that weird...