PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park 4 script finalized.

Chris
03-20-2006, 11:40 PM
http://i1.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/ruv8zt.jpg

Finally the script has been finalized. Shooting begins early 2007 and the movie is due out in 2008.

The Story of Jurassic Park IV

65 million years ago, a terrible disease plauged the Earth which brought about the extinction of the dinosaurs. In the eartly eighties, when InGen cloned the dinosaurs, they also brought this disease back with them and it has been present ever before since Jurassic Park (thus explaining the sick Triceratops and Brachiosaurus). Now this disease has become fully active in the dinosaurs and they're all getting very ill. When dinosaur carcasses start washing up on the shores of Costa Rica, a team (including Alan Grant and Lex) is called out to find out what's going on. They head to the islands to study the dinosaurs and find out about the disease, known as DX. They also discover the disease is transferable to humans and could possibly bring on our own extinction.

That's the finalized script for Jurassic Park 4. The star of the movie is going to be Lex (Ariana Richards) the little girl from the first movie. Sam Neil has also been confirmed and possibly Jeff Goldblum from the second movie as well. I can't wait to see it, I'm hoping that they'll include all of the characters from the past movies in it as well somehow.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-20-2006, 11:41 PM
hooray!

Shlup
03-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I was going to call you a stupid fat-head liar, but if Ariana Richards and Sam Neil are in it then I will give it a chance. The first movie was good (at least when I was a kid), and I liked the other two alright.

Lindy
03-20-2006, 11:44 PM
So scientists finally confirmed that it IS possible to get blood from a stone then?

~SapphireStar~
03-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh wicked! Im a big fan of Alan Grant and I enjoyed hacker Lex also. This should be interesting. Im a big JP fan and the last 2 movies did let me down, I didnt enjoy them as much as the first installment.

they also brought this disease back with them and it has been present ever before since Jurassic Park (thus explaining the sick Triceratops and Brachiosaurus).
I was actually wondering about that ill Triceratops the other day when it was on TV, but I thought that was due to eating poisionus plants?

Chris
03-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I was actually wondering about that ill Triceratops the other day when it was on TV, but I thought that was due to eating poisionus plants?
That was never confirmed. Ellie or (Laura Dern) took some samples from plants around in the first movie, but nothing indicated that was the cause of it's illness.

Here's Ariana Richards now, she's an award winning painter:

http://www.galleryariana.com/images/arianapics/arianafront.jpg

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 12:00 AM
That was never confirmed. Ellie or (Laura Dern) took some samples from plants around in the first movie, but nothing indicated that was the cause of it's illness.
Oh right, thanks for cleaing that up!
And Richards looks so different! I loved her cheeky little face when she was younger. I havent seen her in anything else as far as Im aware.

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:02 AM
She was in "Tremors 3" from 2001 and the movie made for TV "Princess Stallion" from 1997. She's one of my favorites. I even have her rare Japanese import only CD, First Love. I'm so excited about this movie, especially since this is going to be her big "comeback". <3

Captain Maxx Power
03-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Unless Jeff Goldblum is involved I ain't interested. Sam Neil is cool and all, but you can't beat JG.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-21-2006, 01:29 AM
2008? tht seems a far wayy off

Chris
03-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Yes, but initially Steven Spielberg was going to direct it, but he was taking a year off so the production kept being pushed. But as it looks now, Spielberg is not going to direct Jurassic Park IV as he's working on Indiana Jones 4 instead. :(

Winter Nights
03-21-2006, 02:23 AM
It was.. The actual solution was gizzard stones, thus why the berries weren't in the dino-poop. It was stated in the book, but it was also stated in the comic and novelization adaptions of the movie. I guess, since it was specifically stated in the movie itself, Universal has decided to pretend it didn't happen.

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 02:26 AM
There will be another Indiana Jones? Who will play Indiana Jones then???? Who could play Indiana Jones besides Harrison Ford? o.O

Anywho.....oh, I remember making my dad take me to see the first Jurassic Park six times in the theater. They are fun, bloody movies for an eight year old. :)

Winter Nights
03-21-2006, 02:29 AM
There will be another Indiana Jones? Who will play Indiana Jones then???? Who could play Indiana Jones besides Harrison Ford? o.O
Harrison Ford is indeed said to reprise the role.

FallenAngel411
03-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Whoooooa....I thought he was getting too high up in the years. Silly me...

Del Murder
03-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Jurassic Park has no sequels.

Winter Nights
03-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Jurassic Park has no sequels.
Quoted for truth.

Luther X-Rated
03-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Jurassic Park 4

This is going to be so awesome!!!!

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-21-2006, 05:57 AM
You people are excited about this? Do you not remember Jurassic Park 3? For heaven's sake! It was terrible!

Germ Hamee
03-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I'm going to see it. But I'm not really that excited. Yeah, I loved the first movie, and the two books were great. But... 2 and 3 were horrible, horrible movies. I can't see them ever redeeming themselves.

black orb
03-21-2006, 06:35 AM
>>> OMG, Not again..

SoulTaker*
03-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah 3 was bad, but Steven Spielberg didnt direct that one did he? If he's directing this one, I have high hopes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2006, 07:19 AM
<a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/06/18">DINOSAURMAGEDDON</a>

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-21-2006, 07:31 AM
The legend is true. There IS a PA for every situation.

Madame Adequate
03-21-2006, 12:41 PM
WE SHALL SEE.

Chris
03-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah 3 was bad, but Steven Spielberg didnt direct that one did he? If he's directing this one, I have high hopes.
No Spielberg did not direct the third installment, Joe Johnston did. Joe Johnston is also going to direct the fourth movie.

Maxico
03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I hope by 'finalized' you mean 'destroyed'.

theundeadhero
03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
I hope the disease kills everyone.

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Hmmm, there hasnt been a bad Jurassic Prk movie yet IMO, so I dont see why this should go wrong. I do hope it is better than the last two though.

edczxcvbnm
03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
For everyone who thinks this script is crap...it is a billion times better than some other ones that were being considered...think talking dinos...with guns! Yeah. It was that bad in some of them.

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea, edczxcvbnm has a point. We dont want Jurassic Park to suffer like Dino Crisis with stupid everything.

Pure Strife
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Unless Jeff Goldblum is involved I ain't interested. Sam Neil is cool and all, but you can't beat JG.

Yarrr!

udsuna
03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Uh.... wow.... that plotline sounds about as stupid as they come. Dinosaurs with guns would actually be more *plausible*. GO VELOCIRAPTORS! Diseases don't survive umpteen million years. They don't hop to unrelated species without constant exposure to that species. And it wouldn't even be ABLE to affect the genetically modified JP dinosaurs. Who have enough amphibian DNA to switch from female to male.

And they DID determine what was wrong with the sick dinosaur in the movie. Remember the part where she stuck her arm in the giant, steaming pile of dino crap? She found the berries which were poisonous. Went on a rant about how the people designing the park didn't care about anything but looks.

This is going to turn out like the Matrix sequals and the Star Wars prequals.... so awful that they actually make the *original* worse.

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 12:54 AM
And they DID determine what was wrong with the sick dinosaur in the movie. Remember the part where she stuck her arm in the giant, steaming pile of dino crap? She found the berries which were poisonous. Went on a rant about how the people designing the park didn't care about anything but looks.

Close. While she did go on that rant about the berries, she acknowledged earlier that there was no berries in the droppings. However, cut from the movie is what I already explained. The berries were being swallowed with gizzard stones, thus why it wasn't in the dino-crap. As I already stated..

It was stated in the book, but it was also stated in the comic and novelization adaptions of the movie. I guess, since it was specifically stated in the movie itself, Universal has decided to pretend it didn't happen.

It's dumb as all hell, but it's not technically breaking continuity.

Jack
03-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Doesn't the disease negate the whole Dinosaur=big/scary thing? If this "DX" thing is so deadly, then surely the killer dinosaur thing is kinda ruined because I'd be more bothered by the whole extinction causing dinosaur disease a lot more than a hungry T-Rex.

This sounds kinda bad, but I'll probably go see it anyway.