PDA

View Full Version : The News

Rengori
03-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Do you ever just want to go up to some of the people who run the news and just punch them in the face because the stuff they put on air doesn't qualify as news? I do all time.

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Not to sound harsh, but everytime I hear Iraq, terrorist, suicide bomber, I just swtich myself off. Id rather watch paint dry then listen to the same crap thats happened the previous few weeks. Feels like Groundhog Day, everything being repeated.

Chris
03-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Not to sound harsh, but everytime I hear Iraq, terrorist, suicide bomber, I just swtich myself off. Id rather watch paint dry then listen to the same crap thats happened the previous few weeks. Feels like Groundhog Day, everything being repeated.
I'm the same. I'm also sick and tired of hearing about the Muhammed drawings. Enough already!

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm also sick and tired of hearing about the Muhammed drawings. Enough already!

Oh when I was in Prague that was all that was on the BBC news channel. I dont see why everything has to be repeated. Its not like someone, somewhere will miss this 'important' piece of news, there are newspapers and radio stations. I think new broadcasters believe some of us live in caves without electricty and dont know about the big wide world.

Miriel
03-21-2006, 01:12 AM
I like my news anchors. And it's funny when Hal Fishman has to cover a story on snowboarding racoons and he has this, "oh god, this is such crap" look on his face. :)

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I like the American news, you dont have snobs telling you the news. The BBC wouldnt allow anyone with a 'common' accent to do the radio broadcasts and the same goes on today on TV. They all look so dull, uninteresing, half dead and the worse dress sense Ive clapped eyes on. Least Americans try to have a laugh when its something comical like racoons, they wouldnt even get coverage over here!

Vincent Valentine
03-21-2006, 01:23 AM
I like the American news, you dont have snobs telling you the news.
American news is nothing more than "pretty" people reporting half assed stories and trying to be "charming" with their fake smile and attempts and humorous banter.

Personally, I don't know which country's news is worse. Though you should be glad not to have to put up with some of the newscasters that we have over here in Ireland... such as the 40-something woman who has her face constantly plastered in the cheapest fake tan you could imagine... *shudders*

Does anyone actually take the news seriously anymore?

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-21-2006, 05:40 AM
http://www.royalshows.com/images/pictures/twiggy.jpg

Twiggy is totally news!

escobert
03-21-2006, 06:19 AM
I just ignore them and laugh. I just listen in for the important stuff. Usually I only watch the news in the early mornings after a all nighter.

Yuffie514
03-21-2006, 06:23 AM
you mean like if my house burned down and the measly reporters had to be there to question me at a time i don't want to be on televison? ...yes. and the "dirty laundry" they expose - they're dirty - but well deserved if it meant exposing a pedophile.

black orb
03-21-2006, 06:28 AM
>>> News suck..

Madame Adequate
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Yes, I do. That's why I never watch local news.

And major news shows could do with being more diverse and showing more news from around the world, especially the 24 hour ones.

Resha
03-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Uh yeah. My newspapers lie to me, and CNN and BBC -- well, they're okay. I can get a somewhat balanced picture from them. But newspapers. Ugh. I do read them; but I never even realised how controlled what goes in them is, until some time ago. It kinda defeats the purpose of 'news to the people'.

Shoden
03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't watch The News, If I want to get depressed I watch Eastenders.

edczxcvbnm
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
You watch the news O_o Why? I read the news. You get more local and national news in the same 1 hour time frame and it is usually way more informative instead of sound bytes.

Leucant
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM
The newscasters around my town are soooo full of crap... they said we were going to get 8 inches of snow...and we got 12 inches. I left my dachsaund outside and it almost drown.:(

DMKA
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
News is just another form of reality tv now. So of course I can't stand it.

I don't watch television period anymore, and if I did, the last thing I'd be watching is the news. Well, followed by Fox "News".

Old Manus
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Hello it's six o'clock and you're watching Wales Today. A quick look at today's top stories:

And now the weather.

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I only watch the news if there a big story that Im, for one reason or another, intrested in. Other than that, The Simpsons out does the 6pm news, and theres always something intresting on on C4 at the time when the 10 pm News is on....

Trumpet Thief
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
chaos: Man, such a hatred of the news?

Rubedo: I think the reason they repeat such horrible things (the terror in Iraq) is because they are such a huge problem. If anyone here were to be suffering, I'm sure most of them would like to have it known so that they could get help, and/or aware people.

chaos: If you can't stand it though, the remote's handy. :D

DK
03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Channel 4 news is one of my favourite things to watch. I love watching the two newsreaders making fools of various politicians and openly mocking them or telling them they're wrong or whatever. It's great.

Epiphany
03-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I prefer to get my news from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Trumpet Thief
03-21-2006, 06:52 PM
I prefer to get my news from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Rubedo: xD

Shoeberto
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes I love hearing about rapings, murders, thefts, drugs and vandalisms for half an hour while they dangle the premise of showing me what the weather is so I'll keep watching through five sets of commercials just to hear them talk about how great their weather system is and having it all topped off with a "on a lighter note. . . " type send-off story which is somehow supposed to offset showing how horrible our society is otherwise.

edit: Oh, the Daily Show rox it, though.