PDA

View Full Version : That was awkward..

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Today,as I was walking away from school (yay) a guy stopped me and said;hey man!wassup
-I was like , who IS that guy-
I could swear that I have never seen him in my entire life.
As the awkwardness arose,I said;hi man! (hey ,it was a difficult situation,what should I say?)
Then I said ...
-You are....
-*** he said a name that I don't remember from the awkwardness (well,propably also because I don't remember names after a 30' acquaintance)
In the end he said he was Tolkien fan too so that I could identify him and I did (only because of that..)
He was a lad that I had met during gymnastics' boredom (since I usually do nothing , I met a lad and we started talking just during that hour of gymnastics..)
Ah!And the guy had long hair at first,and today he had it short!

Maybe you have experienced a situation like this one yourself.Share your experience.(well,if you have any,already)

Chris
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I meet people all the time who seem to know who I am. But not the other way around. :(

Miriel
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I meet people all the time who seem to know who I am. But not the other way around. :(
Ditto.

It happens a few times on campus at my college. I blame my sunglasses. I think it confuses people.

Chris
03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Maybe it's because I'm the only one with a Grace Jones shirt and cap. :love:

Levian
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
There's this girl I keep forgetting. I've introduced myself to her at least three times.

bipper
03-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Walked into a gay bar by accident ...

Had my co-worker walk up to my mom and say, "You must be Lisa!" (lisa is my wife.....

Bip

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-21-2006, 02:24 PM

you are joking right?

Chris
03-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I've done that many times, but I always use the excuse that I didn't see the NAKED MAN outside on the sign. I just want to look at cute guys. :(

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-21-2006, 03:51 PM
<!--gays-->

This comment wasn't needed and was essentially spam. Furthermore, the implications behind it aren't good. Avoid doing so in the future.

~Void

Raistlin
03-21-2006, 04:26 PM
god, ALL THE TIME. It doesn't help that I'm horrible with names. Often I'll recognize someone's face, but don't know their names. I could be around the same group of people for weeks and still not know some of their names. This happens around campus all the freakin' time to me. The funny thing is that I really have a great memory, just not for names.

Hambone
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
It happens a lot at my school.

SammieBabe
03-22-2006, 12:13 AM

Happens to me every day at work...

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Yes, this happens at my school...and one time i really hurt a girl's feelings because I didn't know who she was.

Also, apparently, when I'm drunk and I have a friend with me who hasn't met another friend I'm with I introduce them several tiems through the course of the nigh.t

Vyk
03-22-2006, 02:06 AM
I think he was just trying to make a play on Chris's sentence. i.e. "I just want to look at cute guys" becomes "I just want to look at cute gays" >_>

Nobody ever recognizes me. 'Cause I don't meet people :(

Hambone
03-22-2006, 03:35 AM
This thread is gonna be closed. You guys need to stay on topic. This is not a coming out thread. Anyway, so many people know me, but I'm like "who are you?" and stuff.

Evastio
03-22-2006, 03:42 AM
Me too. And it's all my real name's fault. Please no one ask what my real name is.

Hambone
03-22-2006, 03:57 AM
You know we're gonna ask. What's your real name?

lovehurts
03-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Me too. And it's all my real name's fault. Please no one ask what my real name is.

You can't spell it :confused:

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Nobody ever recognizes me. 'Cause I don't meet people :([/QUOTE]

well,it occured once to me.Cos I don't meet people too :D