PDA

View Full Version : Meteo???

Leucant
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey all I'm new to the forums but i was wondering if you can get Rydia to learn Meteo. I think i have her at lvl 58 and she knows all the other spells and summons besides Meteo. Can she even learn it at all???

Flying Mullet
03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
She learns it at level 60.

Leucant
03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
She learns it at level 60.

Well that's just smurfin fantastic...figures...oh well thanks for the help

Flying Mullet
03-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Also, Bahamut tends to do more damage and takes less time to summon than it takes to cast Meteo.

Mirage
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
And eats less MP. Bahamut needs 60 MP, while Meteo needs 99, unless it's less when Rydia uses it.

Evastio
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Also, Meteo is Dark Elemental. Once you actaully get to cast Meteo there's no one that's weak against it. :mad:

Zyrthofar
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
As a matter of fact, Meteo is Sacred. It has the same Elemental Code and Spell Subroutine as the spell White.

Meteo has a power base of 800, while White has 340 (and has only one target). Bahamut has 240, but has no Casting Time (and is not elemental).

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Anyone who knows black magic can learn Meteo... so FuSoYa (of course) and Palom can use it as well. It's quite useful.

boys from the dwarf
03-21-2006, 09:34 PM
meteo is o.k but on my game flare did 6000 damage and meteo did 9999 damage but meteo took 3X longer to charge than flare so flare in my opinion is the best black magic spell on the game(it might be different if you are playing the GB version though.).and also all this talk abou the elemental properties of spells. whats that about? is it something new mentioned on the GBA version because i never heard anything about that stuff mentioned in the anthologies version. i know the game had elements like fire and ice but ive never heard of sacred or dark elemental spells.

Evastio
03-21-2006, 09:35 PM
As a matter of fact, Meteo is Sacred. It has the same Elemental Code and Spell Subroutine as the spell White.

Meteo has a power base of 800, while White has 340 (and has only one target). Bahamut has 240, but has no Casting Time (and is not elemental).

:confused: Well there has to be a dark elemental spell right? I thought that's why Zeromus absorbed Meteo.

Zyrthofar
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Boys from the Dwarf: Knowledge of elemental, racial and status is in-game, for fanatics. Difficult fights can be easier when you know what can cause 2x dmg to an enemy, or what you can equip to receive 1/2 dmg. You can know an item, spell or enemy attributes by looking in FF4 books, or by looking directly inside the ROM (like me).

Nuke has power base 400, and 0 casting time. (Meteo has 800, and a casting time of 10). The data fits well with what you said.

Evasio: I just checked Zeromus on the SNES, and he doesn't absorb Meteo. I have yet to check on FF4PSX or FF4Adv, but I... I'm too lazy right now ^-^... If you're talking about the Zeromus version Golbez and FuSoYa fight, he absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning, Darkness and Sacred (the version the party fight don't absorb Darkness).

There is absolutely no Dark Spell as far as I can tell, even in the enemy spells... The only thing I found is the Crystal you use on Zeromus - it has the Darkness bit. Zeromus must have a Counter-Condition that makes him change if he's hit with Darkness... That would explain why there is no dark spell (you *must* use the Crystal, story-wise)... Again, the data I can give is from the SNES. If anyone have differences with the PSX or GBA versions, tell me :).

Darth Cid
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Boys from the Dwarf: Knowledge of elemental, racial and status is in-game, for fanatics. Difficult fights can be easier when you know what can cause 2x dmg to an enemy, or what you can equip to receive 1/2 dmg. You can know an item, spell or enemy attributes by looking in FF4 books, or by looking directly inside the ROM (like me).

Nuke has power base 400, and 0 casting time. (Meteo has 800, and a casting time of 10). The data fits well with what you said.

Evasio: I just checked Zeromus on the SNES, and he doesn't absorb Meteo. I have yet to check on FF4PSX or FF4Adv, but I... I'm too lazy right now ^-^... If you're talking about the Zeromus version Golbez and FuSoYa fight, he absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning, Darkness and Sacred (the version the party fight don't absorb Darkness).

There is absolutely no Dark Spell as far as I can tell, even in the enemy spells... The only thing I found is the Crystal you use on Zeromus - it has the Darkness bit. Zeromus must have a Counter-Condition that makes him change if he's hit with Darkness... That would explain why there is no dark spell (you *must* use the Crystal, story-wise)... Again, the data I can give is from the SNES. If anyone have differences with the PSX or GBA versions, tell me :).

Zidane: Only commanding Cecil to use Crystal can cause Zeromus to transform.

Zyrthofar
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Zeromus (the blue version) most likely have a Counter-Condition with the following conditions:
- Item #$C8 (Crystal)
- User Class #$10 (Paladin)
- Elemental bit $4 set (Darkness bit)
Upon those conditions, it counters with an evolution... Anything else is cancelled.
Either that, or the battle uses different code than regular ones (which I think is what happens).

Hacking the game, I just found something funny... I put the Darkness bit to Meteo, and when Golbez cast it, Zeromus replied "You, the man of darkness....". So this version of Zeromus was sensitive to the darkness bit. And when I changed the spell subroutine the Crystal uses (by default, it is set to "Heal Statuses"), it doesn't matter when Cecil uses it - Zeromus still changes.