PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide!

Peter_20
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Alright, this is the thing: I'm right in the beginning of the game, leveling up my party on Mandalia Plains.
However, I just can't choose among all those different Jobs everywhere, it's pretty frustrating.
Right now I'm using a Knight, Monk, Thief, Priest and Wizard, and that's fine and stuff, but I always feel like using lots of other parties!

Do you have any advice on strategies?
I consider developing Ramza as a Knight, Monk and Ninja, but then again, shouldn't he be a Samurai as well?
Or perhaps a second Thief?
And so on, and so forth, GAAH! :eek:

Beoluve
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
This is what I do every game. Make your guy a ninja and get his Two Swords ability and then change him back to a knight and equip Two Swords. This will make him almost invincible. You will kill almost everyone with one attack. If you are really patient then I would do this with all of your members.

Flying Mullet
03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I know I usually focus on getting my male characters Move +3 and my female characters Move +2 as soon as possible to make it easier to get around the board.

Crossblades
03-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Create other characters and use them as back up

Despotus
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Peter_18, you'll have plenty of time to try all of the classes. You'll probably get at least 5 or 6 classes mastered for each character by the end of the game, and have a good start on all of the other classes. So use a mixed party like you have been doing. In each battle bring a couple of "fighters", a couple of "mages", and another who's a thief, mediator, or bard. But you should change a character's class once you've mastered it. You shouldn't play all the way through just specializing in a couple of classes for each character. In other words, at some point Ramza will be a Samurai as well as a Mediator and a Calculator and a Lancer and so on. Take your pick. Some of my favorite supporting skills to learn are Gained Jp Up (Squire), Blade Grasp (Samurai), Move+3/2 (Bard/Thief), Secret Hunt (Thief), Train (Mediator), Two Swords (Ninja), and MP Switch (Time Mage). Get them as soon as you can. You will find those are very useful.