PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM

a nirvana fan
03-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok so if you have any ScummVM games apart from Beneath A Steel Sky, PLEASE PLEASE! tell me where I can download them, I mainly want Broken Sword 1 & 2 and Monkey Island. Thanks in advance.

Master Quan
03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Why don't you try BUYING them? Instead of DESTROYING THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY, YOU LEECH.

Vincent Valentine
03-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Why don't you try BUYING them? Instead of DESTROYING THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY, YOU LEECH.
Hardly.

90% of the point and click adventure games that were initially released using the SCUMM engine for DOS(Basically, the majority of point and click games on the PC in the 90s, bar Sierra's) aren't even available to buy anymore. Some of them have even legally been throw out into to the public domain, for FREE distribution, by their original creators. Beneath A Steel Sky is the best example.

Viva la Revolution! (Bad joke... Sorry)

Nirvana Fan: I can hit you up with Monkey Island 1 & 2, Flight of the Amazon Queen (Talkie version) and Simon the Sorcerer 1 (Talkie version). PM me, and I'll send them your way when I get the chance. :)

Vyk
03-21-2006, 11:00 PM

~SapphireStar~
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
^Drools over set^
I tried to download SCUMM because I found my boyfriends copy of Monkey Island 1 & 2. But in the end I didnt need to use it, they run fine. Same with Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2. Downloading them ... NewBinz? They are really good and I could have sworn I seen a MI game on there the other day up for downloading.

Vyk
03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks. I love this guy's art. My avatar is checking out the babes

But yeah. Anyway, the first Broken Sword was re-released for GBA. That might be easier to obtain (rom?)

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 02:59 AM
This has pretty much every oldschool Sierra and Lucasarts adventure game made. Enjoy! Btw old Lucasarts games rock! Nice to hear from a fan of Scumm-based games! (Oh, and it's password protected. The password is "monolith" for every game.)

Markus. D
03-22-2006, 03:47 AM
I think there is software that lets you make your own.

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 04:00 AM
0_0 OMG!!! I can finally play Lechuck's Revenge!!! This is soooo cool!!!! I thought I'd NEVER find it!!! I am happy...

lovehurts
03-22-2006, 04:06 AM
You can totaly still but copies of monkey island 1-4....

I love these games though.

Play "Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis"
and last crusade...

"Sam and max"

"Day of the tentacle"

monkey islands ect ect.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 04:24 AM
0_0 OMG!!! I can finally play Lechuck's Revenge!!! This is soooo cool!!!! I thought I'd NEVER find it!!! I am happy...
It is an awesome game! My favourite of the series actually. Are you using my link?
By the way, use Scumm Vm to make the sound better (you override the music card to pick the best MIDI sound card).

This is my list of Monkey Island Best to Worst:

(Best)#2. Lechuck's Revenge
#3.Curse of Moneky Island
#1.Secret of Monkey Island
(Worst, but still good)#4.Escape from Monkey Island

Hope you like Lechuck's Revenge!

And, btw if that's you Pub, glad to hear you like MI. The series rocks! (Unfortunately Lucasarts phazed out a lot of the old Lucasarts adventures recently. You can't buy them anymore, except for MI and Grim Fandango).

If you guys like MI try out all the other adventures, Grim Fandango in particular!

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Grim Fandango is one I absolutely will pick up--as soon as I can find it somewhere for less than $50. :eep:

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 04:38 AM
You can get it from Lucasarts for a low price-if they haven't taken that down too. They're really on the "Let's make crappy star wars games" kick right now. Like, they literally have 70 star wars games out since the 90s!

Or you could try amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_hs/104-7339574-0938353?search-alias=aps&keywords=grim%20fandango

Its running at about 30 dollars in a jewel case and 35 with packaging at Amazon.

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Just checked lucasarts' site....Grim Fandango is nowhere to be seen. I agree, this nonstop wave of Star Wars games that nobody plays must stop!!! They really need to get back into the adventure games that they're so good at. I want that MI5 the voodoo lady promised us in her predictions!!!

**cough cough hack** Did you just say $30???? *_*

edit: Oh god. That offer better still be standing when my next paycheck comes in. Or I will hurt someone.

Vyk
03-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Grim Fandango needs to add itself to my gaming list. Everyone raves about it. That and The Longest Journey are like the highest rated point and click adventure games. And I just bought TLJ. And they're both like 6 years old *late* xD

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I want that MI5 the voodoo lady promised us in her predictions!!!

Me too. I've been waiting for it for years. They said that there would defintely be a 5, but since then all the good people have been fired from Lucasarts, and there's a new president I beleive. All the composers (McConnell, Bajakian, Land) designers (Schafer, Gilbert, Tiller) etc. have all been let go due to losses. So all the people who were so creative at Lucasarts have been sacked! Now its just greedy designers.

a nirvana fan
03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks a lot people. Really appreciate it.

a nirvana fan
03-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey again, if anyone has the Broken Sword 1 and 2 I beg of you to send them me. Thanks in advance.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey again, if anyone has the Broken Sword 1 and 2 I beg of you to send them me. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, seems like the other link I gave you doesn't have it.

Try the sites on this webring to look for Broken Sword. I've never heard of Broken Sword but if it is old enough to be freeware/abandonware etc. it may be there.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
And btw, if you guys like Monkey Island, Grim Fandango or any of the old Lucasarts adventures, check out my Psychonauts Review in General Gaming. Tim Schafer, who worked on Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and created Grim Fandango (his best game so far) made it. It isn't a straight adventure game, but it has a good deal of adventure influence, and even has Peter McConnell composing the music(Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, many other adventures)! It is IMO second only to Grim Fandango and Monkey Island out of the games he has worked on.

-Sorry for double posting, I didn't want to mix this with the last post.-

Shoeberto
03-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I really don't think we want a thread of people requesting exchanges of pirated software. Sorry, guys.

Abandonware is a really tricky thing when it comes to legality and classification of it, so I think we'd be safer closing this thread.