PDA

View Full Version : Where is that woman that's supposed to teach me how to ride a Chocobo in Calm Lands?

Crossblades
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm supposed to speak to a woman in Calm Lands about training a Chocobo, but I can't find her. Where is she?

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I dunno didnt go that far.

Rhi
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
either just in front of the shop/save sphere area, or it's either the first time you talk to her or until you get the airship, can't remember which, she's in the top left corner (somewhere)

Crossblades
03-21-2006, 08:06 PM
she's in the top left corner (somewhere)

Are you supposed to wait till she comes to you or will she be waiting?

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 08:10 PM
dunno i am confused

Rhi
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
she waits, you go to her

Tavrobel
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
The first time you enter the Calm Lands, she is at the top left, where you also find Tidus' Caladbolg, and encounter Ogres/Marlboros. You don't encounter them anywhere else in the Calm Lands, (but Marlboros can also be fought in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth). She moves around, but it is in a predictable fashion along the edge of the cliff.

If you have the airship, then whenever you land there from selection, she will be outside the agency.

If you entered from Macalania, and it is NOT your first time entering the Calm Lands, then she will be on the ledgeright in front of you. If you came from Remiem Temple, same result, but the difference is, you still have the Chocobo.

If you come from the Monster Arena/Gagazet, then she should be near the right side of the Calm Lands.

Crossblades
03-22-2006, 03:44 PM
If you come from the Monster Arena/Gagazet, then she should be near the right side of the Calm Lands.

I saw a Chocobo rider near the right side of the Calm Lands, but she just kept telling me that smart riders use chocobos. Is that the same person?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
no. in the top left corner of the calm lands (behind the agency and to the left) is where she is, there is also an al bhed primer and a rap which leads to tidus' celestial weapon, but u cant get it just yet

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 07:14 PM
no. in the top left corner of the calm lands (behind the agency and to the left) is where she is, there is also an al bhed primer and a rap which leads to tidus' celestial weapon, but u cant get it just yet

The position from which the Trainer is changes depend from point of entry.

I saw a Chocobo rider near the right side of the Calm Lands, but she just kept telling me that smart riders use chocobos. Is that the same person?

No. The Trainer gives you a list of options right away. Although, I', starting to have my doubts about the accuracy of Arena/Mt. Gagazet locations, not because of your statement, but because if you entered the Arena/Remiem, it is still the Clam Lands, so therefore, it would probably leave the Trainer in the Center, because you probably use a Chocobo to get to both areas (the Arena is PURE convience, not at all necessary). I will have to check.

UPDATE:
If you enter from Macalania, the location of the Trainer is still on the first cliff, instantly noticed.
If you enter from Mt. Gagazet/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, the Trainer is sitting on a small ledge that is easily seen from the entrance.
If you enter from Remiem or the Arena, the game saves your Chocobo's location, so the location of the Trainer is the same as when you entered those areas previously. (So if by Airship, she is in the Center, if by Gagazet, the Gagazet exit, and if by Macalania, then by Macalania).

Crossblades
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Okay, I found her. I beat her in the race and I got a perfect time 0:0:0 to get the Sun Sigil. Plus, I got the Cadabolg. Thanks for the help.