PDA

View Full Version : My encounter with a Square Enix person

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Today at the library I meet a person that works for Square Enix!:D

He told my about many future Final Fantasy VII plans they are gong to do! Most you know. And a top secret plan, which he told me!!!:D

But I can't say it in public! But all I have to say is... Good things coming for FFVII fans!:D

P.S. If you want me to tell you, you are going to have to talk me into telling you. Cause I cant tell too many people! Cause he may get mad at me!

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, that FFVI shooting game starring Edgar sounds really awesome too. :cat:

Edit: In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Two people already know!:D lol

Soon it wont be a secret anymore.:D

Social Moon Firesky
03-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Are you serious?

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 02:01 AM

He told my about many future Final Fantasy VII plans they are gong to do! Most you know. And a top secret plan, which he told me!!!:D

But I can't say it in public! But all I have to say is... Good things coming for FFVII fans!:D

P.S. If you want me to tell you, you are going to have to talk me into telling you. Cause I cant tell too many people! Cause he may get mad at me!

chaos: Was his name Michael Theisseman?

EDIT: Rubedo: Dangy, you're taking too long to reply. I was hoping for something along the lines of "Yeah" and then I could say "He don't exist lolz!".

chaos: Anyways, I really don't believe it, but are you serious?

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Even if you did meet this person, the chances that he worked for SE are extremely low. And, if in a one in a million chance he did work for SE, the chances of him telling you something 'top secret' is even lower.

You people cant really be this gullible, can you?

Oh, P.S., my cousin works for SE and he knows all about the secret FFVII remake! OMG they're making a remake! Don't tell him I told you!

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
chaos: I was waiting for a response. This thread is awfully funny.

Rubedo: :D

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Think whatever you want.:rolleyes2

P.S. Don't act too smart. Your far off.:rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm sorry you're gullible enough to believe what a complete stranger tells you. If it was a top secret plan, only the top execs at SE would know. And they live in, you guessed it, Japan.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:24 AM
I check ID, proff, his work web page.

I would stop speaking for people if I wrer you, you know less than many people. So dont correct me or prove me wrong unless you have proff to do so.

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 02:28 AM
I check ID, proff, his work web page.

I would stop speaking for people if I wrer you, you know less than many people. So dont correct me or prove me wrong unless you have proff to do so.

And don't tell people you met someone an executive from Square-Enix and he told you some 'master plan' unless you have the 'proff' to do so. :cat:

So what is his web page? :cat: If you have 'proff' that is.

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm sure.

I'm not speaking for anyone. I simply said you were gullible to believe it. I didnt correct you in the least. I just feel sorry for anyone who falls for this, as I see it all over the internet all the time.

And if you want 'proof', I'm afraid the burden falls on your shoulders there.

edit: Ah, Zeromus, always quicker than I xD

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Am I the only one who thought this was about that guy who said you could revive Aeris.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:33 AM
I just wanted to share info. Why did you have to write to complian. I don't deal with you type of people.

You think its fake. Fine. I have no problem. I could give a less what you think. So go write all your opinions of how I am wrong. Do you even care about what the secret is. Probably not. But I wont stop you from writing what you think of my day. As long as it does not make me look bad.

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Im sorry, not interested in groundless rumors.

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 02:37 AM
If you wanted to share info, you would tell us what this supposed person said to you, not say "I'm not allowed to tell" and put your letters in different colours.

I've seen enough "Oh, FFVII remake/ sequel/ plan!" threads as it is. :choc2:

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 02:39 AM
I care what it is. Its a matter of the secret is most likely fake. If you would give a webpage or some proof we might believe.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Great. Yeah because I am just some random person making to crazy story and a secret rumor. Ok. Thanks for seeing it that way.

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Well... you kinda are a random person. I dont mean that in a rude way, but none of us really know you. Even if my best friend came and told me this, I would doubt it. Not because of her, but because of the person she got the information from. The same is true in this situation.

I just dont trust what strangers say, especially when there isnt a shred of proof.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:46 AM
This world is meant for trust. But people in the past have lied and messed the world up. Now one can trust anyone. You got a point there. Well should I bother saying it anyway?

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Whether it is meant for trust is not an issue. People lie all the time. The internet is so chalk full of rumors and lies, and almost all of them come from someone who met 'someone' from SE. (Er, I mean, almost all the FF ones)

You can go for it if you want, makes no nevermind.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Well, remember in Advent Children when Sephiroth said "I won't remain a memory". Well, They are going to make another FFVII movie, a sequel to advent children.
Thats what he said japan is goign to start on maybe later this year or next year. But even if it was true, he said it would take a few of years to make. So whats the point in waiting.

Vyk
03-22-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm now curious if Square-Enix even has any bases in Florida. It'd be a lot more likely to run into an employee on the west coast.

Lord Magician
03-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Well http://ff7ac.net/

Read "Nomura's Next Project Hinted in AC " near the bottom.

Thats the best I could give of a clue right now.

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 03:33 AM
But that could be anything in the film.

As for the locations of SE offices:

Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Square Enix brings two of Japan’s best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 63 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST™, which has sold over 40 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, CA and Seattle, WA. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com/na.

Square Soft, Inc. was established as the official North American subsidiary of Square in March 1989. It was responsible for both the production and distribution of North American localizations of Square titles during the 16-bit era, and continued to produce English language localizations of Square games in the 32-bit era. It has also been responsible for localizing a number of non-Square titles, including Capcom's Breath of Fire for the SNES and Sony's Wild ARMs 3 for the PlayStation 2. It developed the game Secret of Evermore for the SNES. It is currently known as Square Enix, Inc. Square's original headquarters were in Redmond, WA, but it was relocated to Los Angeles, CA in 1997, where it remains to this day.

Square L.A., Inc. was established in August 1995. It was subsequently renamed Square USA, Inc.. It operates as a high-end computer-generated imagery research and development studio, and has been integral in the production of graphics for Square-produced games since the beginning of the 32-bit era. Its headquarters are in Los Angeles, CA.

Vyk
03-22-2006, 03:36 AM
The Man' stated that hints to his next project ... has been hinted in Advent Children Yeah. That doesn't even necissarily mean it's FF-related. But apparently, whatever it is, it isn't a sequal xD

Edit: Wait, they had a base in Hawaii too. The one that did PE. Or is that something that Sakaguchi killed with The Spirits Within..

Meat Puppet
03-22-2006, 03:59 AM
What the hell?

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 03:59 AM
So go write all your opinions of how I am wrong.

chaos: Gladly. :D

Rubedo: *continues to prove how you are wrong*

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 04:05 AM
The Man' stated that hints to his next project ... has been hinted in Advent Children Yeah. That doesn't even necissarily mean it's FF-related. But apparently, whatever it is, it isn't a sequal xD

Edit: Wait, they had a base in Hawaii too. The one that did PE. Or is that something that Sakaguchi killed with The Spirits Within..
Yes, the facility in Hawaii was specifically created for TSW and closed when it bombed.. And no, there are no SE facilities in Florida.

And for God's sake, if they start talking Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 2: Electric Boogaloo.. I'm might snap. All they're main projects have taking forever to release, due to them working on all this FFVII prequel/sequel /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. If they start making sequels to their sequels, I'm going to kill someone. Probably the SE person that's apparently hiding out in Florida libraries, ready to give out info on top-secret games.

Vyk
03-22-2006, 04:13 AM
I kinda doubt that's the reason they're taking forever. They have specific teams for specific jobs. If they weren't working on a really retarded release for FF7:AC the people working on that would be doing a different project unrelated to FFXII or whatever else is being delayed.

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 04:15 AM
I would think that if they have several projects being majorly delayed, that maybe they are spreading themselves a little thin.

And regardless.. Who the hell will even WANT another FFVII movie?

TheAbominatrix
03-22-2006, 04:15 AM
The delays in FFXII or any other games have nothing to do with the Compilation of FFVII. They have individual teams to work on stuff, and with the cash they're raking in, I'm sure they have more than enough funds to hire plenty of people.

Vyk
03-22-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm one of those people (not a fanboy) that just enjoy the world and atmosphere they created in FF7. So I'd probably at least look into almost anything they dish out. As long as they're actually trying and not just puking something out with FF7 slapped on it.

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Rubedo: Honestly, they've milked FFVII for all it's work. I could look back and see it as one of those classic great games from "back in the day", but it's really being pushed on. I'll admit, FFVII's ending didn't tie up everything perfectly, but that was the greatness of the ending. All you knew was that things were better, and the rebuilding to a new future is on the way.

chaos: Fans will buy the games though, there's no doubt. But, can't they focus their energy on making another classic FF game? (Which I think XII will be)

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 04:26 AM
Rubedo: Honestly, they've milked FFVII for all it's work. I could look back and see it as one of those classic great games from "back in the day", but it's really being pushed on. I'll admit, FFVII's ending didn't tie up everything perfectly, but that was the greatness of the ending. All you knew was that things were better, and the rebuilding to a new future is on the way.

chaos: Fans will buy the games though, there's no doubt. But, can't they focus their energy on making another classic FF game? (Which I think XII will be)
Totally agreed. Plus, Advent Children was semi-decent at best and completely pointless at worst. Do we really need to see what happens next?

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 04:27 AM

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 04:30 AM

Totally agreed. Plus, Advent Children was semi-decent at best and completely pointless at worst. Do we really need to see what happens next?

chaos: Exactly. If anything, they dissapointed most fans with that movie. Cid was barely seen. Don't kid yourselfs, he has by far the best part of FFVII. The guy was hilarious.

Rubedo: The movie was literally all "omg problem problem" even when it ended, IMO. And the abscense of many major characters was stupid. As was introducing a whole nother group of people, and making them seem really "important".

Shiny
03-23-2006, 04:24 AM

The blue hurts my eyes.:yuck: But this sounds like good news. FF7 remake anyone?

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 05:30 AM
He never met the man. Lets leave it at that and have this thread closed