PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Okay, every time I try to watch this on my computer, Winamp and WMP just play the audio. It always goes to 'visualization' when I play it. Does anyone know why this is? It's really starting to annoy me, and it does it to all the other anime I "obtain". :cat:

Vyk
03-22-2006, 04:27 AM
You don't have the codec required to decompress the video, just the audio. Since I'm sure there's plenty a variety of versions available these days, I can't say for certain what codec you'd need. Though I'd hazard a guess that if you got VLC player, you'd be able to watch it.

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 04:29 AM
What's a VLC player? Is it free, or is is something illegal? :cat:

Eh, better worded, could you tell me where to get that, or would that be against the forum rules :confused:

Vyk
03-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Its a media playing device. It came in handy when FF7:AC came seperate from the subtitles file and you had to stick both into a program to watch it. But it comes with lots of codects and file recognizability. It's still the only thing I have that'll play an MP4 the way it's supposed to be played. And it's free :) Last I checked anyway http://www.videolan.org

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 05:10 AM
It's still free. I'm going to have to thank you X 1,000, because now I can finally watch FMA and AC at long last!! :p :cat:

Can a mod close this now? I've gotten my answer :)

crono_logical
03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Better answer would be CCCP, which is linked in my sig :monster:

Vyk
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I thought about that. But I didn't feel like looking you up to grab the link :D

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Since it isn't closed yet, what is the difference between VLC and CCCP? :cat:

Vyk
03-23-2006, 12:24 AM
CCCP will let Winamp and WMP open more files. Its a codec pack so they can read things. VLC is a player, where reading such things is just in its nature. Both are good options. If you'd rather play things in winamp or windows media player, grap the codec pack

crono_logical
03-24-2006, 10:49 PM
VLC has all the codecs built into it. I'd only recommend VLC if you don't have admin rights on the PC you want to play videos on, since it doesn't require install. CCCP, being a codec pack, is much more flexible in what it will let you do :p

Zeromus_X
04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey, I have another problem. I keep trying to use CCCP, and it keeps asking me to reinstall it. I've already installed and reinstalled it once, but I probably just didn't follow some step..

And, in VLC, I try to make a snapshot, and it doesn't do so. I've already changed the folder where the snapshots go, but it doesn't seem to make a snapshot in that folder. :cat:

I'm pretty confused. :confused:

crono_logical
04-02-2006, 02:20 PM
You don't open the video files with CCCP, if that's what you're trying to do - I had someone come to me ith the same problem 2 weeks ago and it turned out that was what he was doing :p Just install it once, then use one of the media players it's installed in the start menu :p