PDA

View Full Version : Kimahri: What use?

Rizzice
03-22-2006, 06:42 AM
What use is Kimahri? So far I haven't fought any opponents that REQUIRE him to kill..it just doesn't make sense. He reminds me of an uglier, less useful version of Tidus..

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 07:25 AM
He is usefull the most in the beginning of the game.Since he starts in the center of the sphere grid, he can follow the route of any of the characters. Most of his overdrives are pretty effective too.

boys from the dwarf
03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
hes like a red mage. good at everything but not brilliant. if you teach him the basics of every pary of the sphere grid he can be a very well rounded and useful character.

FallenAngel411
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
He was never much use to me. He's not very useful plot-wise either. But I guess it wouldn't be FFX without him. He's just "that useless blue guy" to me.

DMKA
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
What use is Kimahri? So far I haven't fought any opponents that REQUIRE him to kill..
But you will.

Dell
03-22-2006, 03:01 PM
He was never much use to me. He's not very useful plot-wise either. But I guess it wouldn't be FFX without him. He's just "that useless blue guy" to me.

I disagree, All FFX character involve in storyline. Without Kimahri, you would never meet Biran and Yenke, you don't know much about MT. Gagazet too. If it weren't for him, Yuna will probably die since he protect Yuna since she's a kid.

I always have my Kimahri in battle, I make him Black Mage and he had more magic stat than LULU. My team is always Kimahri, Lulu, Yuna except for some part they become disable.

After my Kimahri master level three magic and Ultima, I send him to Auron path with Friend Sphere which increase Kimahri strength greatly. After that, I send him to Yuna path so that he learn withe magic. There you go, Black Mage, Blue Mage, White Mage and Attacker.

He's pretty much useful to me.

You wouldn't get Trainer Dressphere or get 100% in X-2 if Kimahri is not in FFX. You need to do all mission to get 100%. For those who loves Guado, if it weren't cause of Kimahri, all Ronso would have attack Guado before the FFX-2 even started.

Social Moon Firesky
03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree with vivi_ultima. Kimahri was the weakest in my party (Excluding Lulu and Yuna) but he makes an excellent black mage; he has more MP than Lulu at some points.

Also, I found that Kimahri was consistantly better than Auron at killing armoured enemies, etc, as he has higher agility and MP, plus higher strength later on in the game.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
i see kimahri as being . . . woteva u want him to be, thats the beuty of it.
wanna steal stuff? take rikkus path!
someone fast? then tidus'!
strong? auron's!
medium fast n strong? wakka's!
black mage? lulu's!
white mage? yuna's!

. . . but i rarely find that he will exceed the character who's path he's taken so i send him into rikku's just to learn steal, then into tidus' for a little speed then into aurons for some strength

Dreddz
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Kimahri is probably the best character. Hes like plasticine in which you can make him however you want. I personally make him a power house, so lead him through Tiduses and Aurons Sphere grid. His Blue magic is also good.

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
He has two major points in the game in which he is the best.

The beginning (60 Sphere Levels or less), which means you send him wherever you want, (making him a better version of his Doppleganger) and the ABSOLUTE END, which means 50k+ HP + Celestial Weapons and 255 stats. Since his stats are spread out over the place, you won't have to worry about removing any +1 stats and having an impact on Kimahri, since all of his stats are stopped at 255. Everyone else will have some sort of unbalance, or wasted points.

Let's say I remove a Defense. E.G:Yuna's Def will drop to 254, Rikku's to 253, and Tidus' to 250. If I removed MDef, then Auron's would drop to 248. This does not affect Kimahri, because his stats were so spread around, that you would have to remove multiples. This also means less wasted points for characters. Auron's Stg starts at whatever it starts at, for the sake of argument, let's say 50. Kimahri starts at 30. If I raised both to 255, then I would waste 20 STG points on Auron (5 nodes) to get Kimahri and Auron to the same point, since 255 is where the stats stop. (They actually stop there, anything past, will result in simply having to remove more nodes to see a decrease in stats). His Luck is also the second Highest, which means you won't have to fight as many battles to get his Luck to 255, unlike everyone else.

Kinda hard to explain, but I try. He however, sucks mid-game (when everyone's stats are around 150; his stats will remain the lowest until 255, when he is once again, equal)

teaandmachines
03-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, in the beginning Kimahri was more powerful than Auron but now it's like no matter how long you use him he still sucks. Him & Rikku I swear. :mad2:

Dell
03-23-2006, 02:05 PM
whatever everyone say, I still pick Kimahri in my party. I like mage instead of attacker/defender. So if you all say he is the worst, I object and if you all say he is the best, I respect the one who say that.

You all don't see the usefulness for Kimahri.
For me, Kimahri is my best character.

I don't think Rikku is not useful. she steal a lot and have very high agility though lack of strength, steal is her use cause lots of weird item can be obtained which help me teach my aeons skill/spell and I can combine lots of item for different mix result.

DMKA
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I find all the characters useful depending on what I'm fighting.

Spammerman
03-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Khimari is there for the reasons that he's cool, he kicks butt, he has a spear.