PDA

View Full Version : The Skies Above...

Fynn
03-22-2006, 02:35 PM
I recently got my copy of "The Black Mages II: The Skies Above" and, I have to say, I was SPELLBOUND!!! It's simply a superb album! None of the pieces is actually bad. A great improvent to the first album. I loved Battle with the Four Fiends, Rocking Grounds were nice and Vamo'alla Flamenco was simply superb! But, definetily, The Skies Above was the best piece. OMG!!! IT'S TEH ROXXOR!!! But... that's just my opinion. Many people complain about the tenor vocals. I think that they just increased the magic of the piece's atmosphere. What do you think?

Cruise Control
03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I like the vocals. I really like Matoya's cave the best though.

Winter Nights
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
When I can hear a grown man's voice crack and squeak during a song, we have a problem. The rest of the album was decent at best. Their first album was much better.

Yuna-Lenne
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
I only today got two of the songs. Ive had Otherworld for a while, Im making a music video to it, its great!!! :D I also like Hunters Chance (happen to be listening to it now) and Vamo Alla Flamenco ^_^

Fire_Emblem776
03-22-2006, 10:59 PM
The skies above was scary, zanarkand is now stuck in my head

Fynn
03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Listen, Autumn Rain, I understand that you might not like a piece, but you don't have to insult tenors, y'know. I'm one myself. You know, they were actually the first choral voice. Yup-yup! No sopranos, altos or basses. Just tenors.
Look, I didn't make this thread just to argue with people. It's just to know your opinion about the album, alright? No more voice discrimination.

Winter Nights
03-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Actually, I didn't insult tenors. I'M a tenor. I'm just noting that he has no talent. Or are you trying to suggest that a tenor's voice should crack and break regularly during a song? If you are going to pick a fight over an opinion, at least know what the opposition is actually referring to.

Fynn
03-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Look, I appreciate your opinion and I didn't mean to start a fight about it. It's just that I misundrstood you, AR, and thought you tried to criticise men who have higher-pitched voices. I was wrong, so now I apologise for starting an arguement. Are we game now?

Trumpet Thief
03-23-2006, 11:05 PM
chaos: I liked Zeromus' theme the best. Although I would've liked it better if they didn't add so much in the middle, and gave more emphasis on the chorus.

Rubedo: :)

Masamune·1600
03-24-2006, 03:13 AM
While I definitely enjoyed the album, I felt that the first one was much better.

Ramza Beoulve
03-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Just a few words:

"Maybe I'm a Lion" :D

rubah
03-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Alexander O. Smith needs to do any voicing of squall now and forever. That line was perfect.

I loved this album. Well. I think they made a huge mistake of gettinga chick to sing otherworld, but I think mr. goo did a skin tingling job with the skies above. The fact that there are words for that at all now makes me happy like a lolol.

Sephex
03-28-2006, 03:01 AM
I liked it just because they got around to making FFIV covers.