PDA

View Full Version : Help With Chocobos

CloudedSquall
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi there people, I'm having a bit of trouble with the chocobos but I'm not sure whether or not it's the disc or something else? I'm on disc 3 now, trying to find Emerald weapon (fought him three times so far but he's gone somewhere) and i'm also in the middle of collecting chocobos. Well i got a great chocobo and told it to go to the stables.. i went to the ranch and rented all of the stables, and then spoke to the grandson. You can select "Moving chocobos" and he tells you to "use the directional buttons <= and => and O" and when i choose to put the great chocobo in the stables the screen fades out and the scene comes back on.... but there's no chocobo in the stable. Is it my disc or is there something i'm missing?

Thankyou.

starseeker
03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
You probably changed the controls around. I had the same. You need to set the controls back to default (O for confirm, X for cancel) for chocobo breeding. The game gets confused and thinks you are cancelling when you press X no matter how you set the controls.

As for Emerald weapon, I have no idea but have you beaten Ultima weapon yet?

Anniexo
03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
okay go to where the Emerald weapon should be and look around cus know it's moving so you have to look for it it shouldn't be to hard

CloudedSquall
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I've been hunting him down for quite a while now.. but it really seems like he's disappeared. I'm proabably just a bit impatient! Cheers again, appreciate it.

Not sure if it's Ultima or Emerald.. i get confused, the one who is hovering above the waterfall.

Laugh at face of Danger
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
That would be Ultimate

He's a pest! Eventually he should end up over Midgar or the waterfall or cosmo canyon. Just fly around in the air ship and you might bump him a couple of times.

~~ Another option is to settle down on a bit of land and exit the air ship and wait for something to flash past the top corner of the screen, if you then hop into the air ship and spin around, you might be able to catch a glimpse and follow him

Be sure to keep HP high towards the final few battles with him, he unleashes Shadow Flare (you may have fallen victim to this already?) which is just *growls*

CloudedSquall
03-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Well i've just beaten him while he was above Corel/Gold Saucer, i've heard he flies to Cosmo Canyon after that? Luckily, I haven't fallen victim to Shadow Flare.. i'm on lv. 57 with Cloud and i'm using Barret lv.52 and Vincent lv.54.. i've got Wall at the moment which is a life saver and i've been saving Vincent's lv4 limit break up for this last fight for a while now but he's just disappeared! Guess I'll have to play the waiting game :mad: :D

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 05:21 AM
hes ez as hell dont worry too much he has very low hp and all his attacks aside from shadow flare are super weak...

if you want to get shadow flare you can make sure to carry an e skill materia with you.

its not that great but its like 7000 dmg to one opponenet at your lvl...

gl hes a pest but hes easy,,, just annoying

Kappy
03-23-2006, 08:54 AM
That would be Ultimate

~~ Another option is to settle down on a bit of land and exit the air ship and wait for something to flash past the top corner of the screen, if you then hop into the air ship and spin around, you might be able to catch a glimpse and follow him

I did that once without realising, and it did indeed scare the living crap out of me.

CloudedSquall
03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Ok well i've just beaten Ultimate Weapon, he cast shadow flare on me in the end :D damn.. pretty powerful. I've changed the controller configuration and it's working now. Two more questions.. where is Ruby Weapon and Key No.5 for midgar.. i know it's in the Excavation Site but where roughly in there is it? Sorry for the continuous questions.

Kappy
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Ruby Weapon should now be poking out of the sand just outside of the Gold Saucer on the world map.
And if I remember rightly the Key is in the same place you dug up the Lunar Harp in Bone Village?