PDA

View Full Version : Only Fools And Horses

a nirvana fan
03-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Only Fools And Horses is one of my favourites in the comedy world, it was voted the best british comedy ever, it is an hilarious show. If you agree that OFAH is great then please let's talk about it....

favourite character for me has got to be Rodney, he reminds me of my friend at school a lot....

favourite episode would be, well that's just too hard to decide, there all great, the best series is probably series 2 and 1, the early ones are really great.

great OFAH sites
www.ofah.net
www.bbc.co.uk/onlyfools

~SapphireStar~
03-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Dont have a fav episode or a fav character, they are all superb! And I dont tire of watching them either, it was wicked when it was shown on Saturday nights when the other channels shown crap. I got my brother into the show ans he believes he is Del Boy, got fake gold jewelrey and wants his camel skin jacket :D David Jason is an amazing actor and this made me go and look at his other classic comedys like Porridge and Open All Hours, both with comical legend Ronnie Barker. And A Touch Of Frost is excellent also.

Captain Maxx Power
03-22-2006, 08:18 PM
OFAH does indeed rock all kinds of worlds, mine included. Alright Dave?

~SapphireStar~
03-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Its a shame some of the popular characters have passed away, Unlce Albert, Grandad, Mike who took the pub over from Sid. Very sad. Best Rodney quote though:

Del-Boy: Thats Trigger. (points to Trigger)
Rodney: Why do they call him Trigger? Cause he carrys a gun?
Del-boy: No, cause he looks like a horse!

Lost Number
03-22-2006, 08:22 PM
*singing badly*
Black or white!
Rich or poor!
We'll cut prices at a stroooooooooooookkkkkkeeeeeeeee!

Great, great comedy.

MJN SEIFER
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
What a plonker!

Lost Number
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
That bit, its more physical comedy, u seen it ull know whut I mean.
Bel and Trig are iun a bar and Dels gettin ready to chat up some birds. A waitress lifts up th bar and then Del goes tpo lean on it and its the funniest fall. He just stays straigh but horizontal. The Trigger turns round, and the look on his face. lol. Damn that was quite a pointless rant.

Dreddz
03-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Even after its aged, still hilarious. It deserves its place with Comedy Classic. I personally prefer Fawlty Towers, but OFAH is very close. Whats also cool is that I live in Peckham, where OFAH is set.

redxiiii
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
That bit, its more physical comedy, u seen it ull know whut I mean.
Bel and Trig are iun a bar and Dels gettin ready to chat up some birds. A waitress lifts up th bar and then Del goes tpo lean on it and its the funniest fall. He just stays straigh but horizontal. The Trigger turns round, and the look on his face. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Damn that was quite a pointless rant.
That is officially the most funny moment in only fools and horses, i like the one were Del, Rodney an uncle are taken hostage in a supermarket.:D

Big D
03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Another great classic:D
I haven't seen an episode in years, but hopefully it'll be back in re-runs sometime fairly soon.his other classic comedys like Porridge and Open All Hours, both with comical legend Ronnie Barker. And A Touch Of Frost is excellent also.It makes me so happy to realise that other people on this forum know and love those programmes:)

My favourite episodes of OFAH... Hmm. The one where the lads go into the chandelier-cleaning business is great.
"Do you have our address, sir?"
"No."
"Right!" *lads flee in the Reliant*

Another good one is the special episode, wherein the lads concoct another dodgy scheme by selling tap water as 'mineral water', even after it's contaminated by a very suspicious - and very luminous - goo that might or might not be highly toxic.

~SapphireStar~
03-24-2006, 10:24 AM
It makes me so happy to realise that other people on this forum know and love those programmes
Im a huge fan of old school Brit comedy Big D, love Blackadder also. The final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth had me in tears the first time I watched it :(
But yeah, Brit comedy is by far the best, specially old shows like OFAH.

Another good one is the special episode, wherein the lads concoct another dodgy scheme by selling tap water as 'mineral water', even after it's contaminated by a very suspicious - and very luminous - goo that might or might not be highly toxic.
Yeah and when Del turns the light off at the end and it glows in the dark! I miss those shows, I prefer the old ones when Del and Rodders were single. The marriages and little gangsta Damien made it suffer a wee bit I think. They tried to make the wives seem funny, but Cassandra didnt make me laugh one bit. Raquel was funny though. Has anyone bought the magazine yet? It was released before cause my brother bought a copy or two.

Lost Number
03-24-2006, 06:14 PM
There was one good point of Damien...the music from Omen plays when Rodney is outside the delivery room.

Itsunari 2000
03-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Wonderful comedy.

" Alright Dave ? " ( Trigger has been calling Rodney " Dave " since 1981 )
" You plonker/wally/tart/dipstick ! "
" He who dares, wins ! "
" Cosmic."
" During the war ... "

Brilliant, brilliant comedy writing from John Sullivan and a hilarious cast. I'm going to buy the full box set of series 1-7 when I have the money.