PDA

View Full Version : Tidus' Voice

teaandmachines
03-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Just wondering if I'm the only one that noticed... but if you listen to the beginning where he's like, narrating his voice is all manly but when he talks it's like "Woah, what happened?"

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 11:39 PM
The voices during the voice-over parts (when Tidus re-tells the story) is still done by James Arnold Taylor. It is just him trying to act serious. You always sound different when you talk to yourself. Unlike when he talks normally in the game, when he speaks in italics, he is focusing on which words to say, and how to say it. It's not unlikely that he is actually speaking to Yuna before the Dome, which could explain a little bit.

teaandmachines
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
What do you mean speaking to Yuna before the dome?

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
When he's narrarating hes already completed the pilgramage and has become tougher. Hes still a little whine bag though.

teaandmachines
03-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Ha, "Cry, baby cry. Cry cry cry." I don't know why Tidus hated Jecht so much.. he told him the truth.

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Zanarkand Dome, after Mt. Gagazet, and before Yunalesca, when all the characters are sitting around the campfire being crybabies about Yuna about to die. This scene is also the scene that plays if you load FFX into the PS2, and let the main screen run for 30 seconds, and the first when you start a new game.

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Who the hell is Tudus

FallenAngel411
03-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Tudus is Tidus, only badly misspelled. You didn't realize? :3

His voice is rather whiny during the dialogue bits (90% of the game), but he grew on me. I don't mind him at all.

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 01:48 AM
I was joking.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't say manly. Just solemn

4evarisha
03-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Ha, "Cry, baby cry. Cry cry cry." I don't know why Tidus hated Jecht so much.. he told him the truth.
Not really it sounds regular so yea.

Trumpet Thief
03-23-2006, 04:41 AM
chaos: When "Tudus" first spoke, it was after the journey. Maybe that could explain somethin'.

Rubedo: :D

Yuffie514
03-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Tidus had one of the worst voice-acting in the game, but it's not annoying.

mega_tonberry
03-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Damn that James arnold taylor!

teaandmachines
03-23-2006, 08:10 PM
wow sorry
*tidus
everyone happy?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-23-2006, 10:26 PM
jus do sumthing for me, listen to yourself talkin in ur head. then record ur voice and play it back, totally different right . . .

. . . . maybe ive lost perspective here!? . . .

KasaiDraco
03-24-2006, 09:32 PM
James Arnold Taylor is awesome! Check out jamesarnoldtaylor.com and listen to his cartoon character and celeb impressions! They sound like the real thing!

XxSephirothxX
03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I really disliked his voice for a good deal of the game. His personality, too. But I guess it grew on me, because by the end I didn't really mind it at all. At least he wasn't horribly overdramatic.

ehsteve
03-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I actually thought that Tidus' voice fit his character perfectly. I also think the game would have lost something if Tidus had kept his regular voice while he was narrating.

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2006, 10:46 PM
I thought the way he talked was annoying when he narrated...not his voice so much.
It sounded like this:

blah...blablablabla....bla...

I mean how many commas can you insert in your speech? and it was a bit monotonous

~SapphireStar~
03-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I really disliked his voice for a good deal of the game. His personality, too. But I guess it grew on me, because by the end I didn't really mind it at all. At least he wasn't horribly overdramatic.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Nyeh, i like Tidus' voice, both the natural and when he is narrating certain parts. I just thought that it fits his character very well and he is able to blend with it. I dunno!!! hehehe! I like it very much, that's all I gotta say...

XudeEmaN!

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 12:53 AM
I still don't like it. I know english counterparts can't usually compete with their Japanese voice actors, but this is really just an insult. It's a shame, I thought the other characters' voice actors did a great job, except the bad lip movements, which can't be helped :choc2: :cat:

Edit: I'm serious. Listen to Tidus' Japanese voice actor. You will notice a profound difference. You can here it if you have the OST track, "I Would Like to Say Everything", you can hear it. (At least, the one I downloaded does :cat: )

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-30-2006, 12:58 AM
I kinda like his voice. It was kind of cute actually.

Renmiri
03-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Just wondering if I'm the only one that noticed... but if you listen to the beginning where he's like, narrating his voice is all manly but when he talks it's like "Woah, what happened?"

You are very perceptive!! :thumb:
In an interview about FFX James Arnold Taylor, the voice actor for Tidus in the U.S. version mentions that Tidus goes through stages during the game, and so does his voice, i.e., the narration is a more mature, older Tidus as opposed to the Tidus of when the game starts, who has a higher pitched, younger, immature voice
http://blogger-bee.com/Downloads/stagesJAT.mp3

BTW, he and the other English actors also mention how hard it was to do voice work for this game. It seems they were told to match the character's lips (which were speaking japanese) and the overall japanese voice acting. (Japanese Tidus is even more whinny!)

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 01:35 AM
(Japanese Tidus is even more whinny!)

Sure.

Maybe James Arnold Taylor could've , y'know, acted. Like he should. Instead of sounding like an immature 10 year old for most of the game. Whee, he sounds remotely mature for one part of the game. That doesn't help the fact that he's a horrible voice actor. :cat: