PDA

View Full Version : Trouble early in the game. NEED HELP!

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Im not sure if its me or the game but i cant seem to use sabins blitz during the fight with vargas. Im playing the PSX version and need help.

Tempest
03-23-2006, 03:27 AM
You have to use pummel, which is right, left, right, x. Or left, right, left, x. Can't remember off the top of my head which one it is.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 03:45 AM
When the cursor is over the Blitz command, press "X". Then input on the D-Pad (Directional Pad):
<-, ->, <- (Left, right, left)
Then press "X" again. This should make the move be pulled off, and the battle end.

If you make a mistake, or you think you made a mistake, or are trying to use a different command (Item, attack, wtc.), then press the "O" (Circle button), and then you should be able to use another command after going up or down on the D-Pad. If you wish to retry your input, then press "O", and then press "X" again, and retry your blitz input.

Rengori
03-23-2006, 04:02 AM
The explanation is atrocious, it got me there too.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Thank you. I got past it. My problem was i was waiting too long to enter the code i guess.

minki
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, if you're not fast enough with the blitz codes, they'll fail.

The best thing to do is to pick out a couple of the blitzes that you like the best, and memorize those codes so they come to you automatically. That's a lot better during the big battles than trying to look up and input a code while you're being pounded on by the enemy.

Pummel and Fire Dance (I think that's the name, it's been a couple of years since I played) are the ones I use all the time.

ljkkjlcm9
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I use them all, not that complicated
SNES controller style....
Pummel is Left,Right,Left
Aura bolt down, down, left
Suplex X,Y,down,up
Fire Dance left,left,down,down,right
Mantra R,L,R,L,X,Y
Air Blade up,up,right,right,down,down,left
Spiraler (only one I don't use, cause it kills him...) R,L,X,Y,right,left
BUM RUSH!!! left,left,up,up,right,right,down,down,left

I namely use Mantra to heal, no need for magic spells, you can cast reflect on your people and still heal them..... then Bum Rush otherwise
THE JACKEL

Kirbyrox
03-23-2006, 08:04 PM
bumrush on ff3 is left,leftup,up,rightup,right,rightdown,down,leftdown,left

Kirbyrox
03-23-2006, 08:07 PM
air blade is a pretty good one two minki