PDA

View Full Version : very important people please read!!!

Gh["]sT
03-23-2006, 01:49 PM
i have just relised that ff7 ff9 have stolen alot of stuff off ff4 i am very disapointed it seems to me if they are doing this they are running out of inspuration what are we to do :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad:

Meat Puppet
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh dear god no.

Gh["]sT
03-23-2006, 01:51 PM
indeed i hate when games copy other game i never thought ff would do it :cry:

Shaun
03-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Meat Puppet, you make me laugh. :)

cloud_vivi, keep in mind that this should probably go in the FFIV forum or General FF. I would move it, but they haven't given me those privileges so I can't. :D What do you mean, inspiration? They're all games made by the same developer...why not?

Gh["]sT
03-23-2006, 01:56 PM
because you look forward to a whole new story with ff games that is why:D

Shaun
03-23-2006, 01:57 PM
...But FFVII and IX have entirely different stories to IV. Just because they include the trademark FF elements like Tonberries, Moogles, Chocobos and so on, doesn't mean they're ruining the story.

Gh["]sT
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
yea true but it has spoiled it for me know:(

Chris
03-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Are you for real cloud_vivi? You're 19, so it must be a joke. But yes, FF9 did have many references to earlier Final Fantasy games. :)

fire_of_avalon
03-23-2006, 02:00 PM
*mov'd*

Lindy
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh no! Six and nine year old games stole from a game even older!

ALERT THE PRESSES, WE MUST CATCH THESE CRIMINALS.

Shaun
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM

:laughing:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-23-2006, 02:19 PM
I have never met anyone in my life that deserved this more than you:

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

ON TOPIC: Despite the fact that FFIX was created as a tribute to the original FF games and borrows heavily from them (I still find it mind boggling that you only just realized this), the game is still entirely original in terms of its plot and characters.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 02:20 PM
i have just relised that ff7 ff9 have stolen alot of stuff off ff4 i am very disapointed it seems to me if they are doing this they are running out of inspuration what are we to do

All the games steal from the other. For that matter, most games made by ANYONE are stolen from everyone else. Even in literature, do many of the same concepts occur in different books, even if the two authors have never met, known the other existed, or even wrote in the same language.

Love and conspiracy of abuse of power is a VERY common trait in any plotline.

They were not running out of inspiration, but FFIX was made purely as a throwback to the old school games, considering the fact that Square released FFVII, and VIII, which were radically different from VI or IV. Fans were getting upset.

IV and VII are insanely different. Just because they have the ATB or same circumstances for a final battle does not mean that the games were made because of lack of inspiration. The rest of the game is totally different. You only notice the final battle because you are looking specifically for a final battle similarity.

Z0MG! FF WAS EVEN MADE 1N TEH FIRST PLACE! C0NSPIR4CY! TH3R3 1S CONSP7RACY! WE MUST AL3RT TEH PRES5ES AND TEH PEOPLE5 WHO HAVE BEEN GYPPED BY TEHSE GAME M4KORS! TEHY STOLE A PL0TL1NE AND US3D 7T TO SURVIVXX0RS! TEH PRE5SES!

ELOHEL, The Devourer of Worlds. Good thinking.

theundeadhero
03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Exactly what the hell did FFVII steal from FFIV?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
The idea of having an incredibly 2D female lead for one.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
That's what I'd like to know. And I know FF9 was a tribute. But perhaps you could elaborate on the specific issues, things that were borrowed, that bother you, so we can address those more appropriately. Maybe you've just got the wrong idea :]

DMKA
03-23-2006, 05:00 PM

starseeker
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
FFX is worse, a lot of its storyline is cribbed from VI and VII.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Nah. X just had a lot of basic RPG cliches in general. VI and VII were just good examples of those cliches. Lots of RPGs have a main hero guy with a companion that's the last survivor of an ancient race and she has this special power that can help save the world. I could list RPGs with this cliche forever :D

~SapphireStar~
03-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Are you for real cloud_vivi? You're 19, so it must be a joke. But yes, FF9 did have many references to earlier Final Fantasy games.
I personally think hes 14.

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 09:55 AM
acutally im 17 but i put 18 when i joined so i cloud get in all the formus but i found out there is no need but anyways ff is my world and always will be and i indeed very upset with all of the ff games know but i will just have to get over it and btw the reason i only just relized is because i only just started playing ff4 ok :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm so confused, how can you be upset that a series of games with the same title, have references in later games to previous ones. If there was absolutely no connection to previous FF games, they could just call it something different, but because of those references it is an FF game, plain and simple. If it didn't have those references it would be regarded less as an actual FF.

THE JACKEL

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 12:50 PM
acutally im 17 but i put 18 when i joined so i cloud get in all the formus
Then why have you altered it to 19? And you have to be over 13 to join forums without parents permission, so why the hell lie?!

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
because this is my ever first forum and i thought there would be over 18 area bits and i would want to be able to go into them you know:D

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Over 18 areas in a Final Fantasy forum ... very perverted mind.

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 01:14 PM
well you know i never been on a forum before thats all well i will get looney bob or sum1 to change it for me if they will i just never cloud be bothered to get sum1 to do it for me lol or ask lol:D

lotink0
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
okay let me explain this to you. ff games are good because the aren't original. if they were they wouldn't have the old familiarity that they do. try getting a game like FF VII and never playing FF IV and then you play IV would you like the fact that the tings look familiar or not. point made.:choc2: :mog: :choc: :moomba:

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM