PDA

View Full Version : should they of released x-2?

SaintDave
03-23-2006, 02:14 PM
should they of continued the story of x or just be left alone like every other final fantasy?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
You mean, apart from FFV and FFVII right?

Despite what people say, there is nothing within FFX-2 that devalues the original integrity of FFX. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't have been made.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Time for Good news and Bad news, courtesy of Animaniacs.

Good News: SquareEnix made a lot of money, continued the plotline, added closure, created a new, faster system of battle.

Bad News: Refer to the thread called "What's so Wrong About FFX-2?"
In summary...
Square sold themselves to prostitution
Square didn't really make that great of a game
Square alienated long time fans
FFX-2 destroyed any emotion or goodness that FFX established
The list goes on and on...

Now if you will excuse me, I must take my leave, before DeathKnight tries to defend FFX-2 by directly insulting me, and not defending FFX-2 at all with whatever he THINKS is good about it enough to undo the absolute damage that FFX-2 created to destroy FFX.

It's like Katie Holmes to Tom Cruise. He's cool, then he starts jumping on the couch because his sister told him to.

Despite what people say, there is nothing within FFX-2 that devalues the original integrity of FFX. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't have been made.

It's not about wanting to make it. It's about HOW they made it. Square sold themselves out.

And for a small reference... I would ask that you read the entire thread, not just one post, and jump to conclusions, simply because you haven't played the game. Only you can make up YOUR opinion. I can't force mine on you, nor can DeathKnight do the same for his. Just don't become a fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

SaintDave
03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
yeh i understand where you are going but i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were. it is obvious that they only made x-2 because of the money. should they of done?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM

It's not about wanting to make it. It's about HOW they made it. Square sold themselves out.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it 'selling out'. Square made it obvious that they were going to take this one less serious than previous installments. It was a stylistic change that not everyone liked, but I wouldn't go as far to say that it was flawed.

As for the fan service, it really wasn't as bad as it could have been. Anyone who has seen Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 will know how far the Japanese like to take things when they are provided with female protagonists.

yeh i understand where you are going but i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were. it is obvious that they only made x-2 because of the money. should they of done?

People seem to be under the impression that ever game apart from FFX-2 was made for fun. I have little doubt however that Square did intend people to enjoy the game, and I have even less doubt that they enjoyed making it.

Marluxiaswife
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah, They should of released FFX-2, that would be a mess up ending of FFX. And Yuna,Rikku and Paine are really cool and funny characters to me, even the american actress really enjoyed doing there voices along with the japanese

DMKA
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Did I like it? Loved it. Do I think it should of been made? No. I was far happier with FFX's ending then a sequel.

I would agree with that had the game ended with the "Normal" ending. The "Good"/"Perfect" endings are what really ruined the emotional impact of FFX's ending for me.

Flying Mullet
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm so glad they made X-2. I always wanted to see Yuna with a gun.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I would agree with that had the game ended with the "Normal" ending. The "Good"/"Perfect" endings are what really ruined the emotional impact of FFX's ending for me.
The Normal/Perfect ending is just a slight extension of the final scene in FFX. You can’t really say that it ruined anything if it was part of the original ending anyway.

Venom
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
They should have released X-2 if they had put some great time and effort into it.

anacacia
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I actually think it was great that they released this game. To me, it was better than 10, I dunno, to me it just set aside all the other Final Fantasy's, maybe it just depends on the personality of the person that plays it.

I am very angry though. I bought the stratagy guide... and it garanteed 100% on the first try... it says I should be on 86% and I'm only on 83%... grr.

Markus. D
03-24-2006, 03:51 AM
it wasnt that plotless all of you....

2 very differant tastes of games.

I like em both (x-2 being the better one)... I actually almost brought the strategy guide even though I already had 100% o_0

Shiny
03-24-2006, 03:57 AM
should they of continued the story of x or just be left alone like every other final fantasy?
They should have left X alone. Then ruined it trying to go with the happy ending thing with X-2. :nonono:

Death Penalty
03-24-2006, 04:02 AM
I have nothing against happy endings but it has o be done good.

Old Manus
03-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Should HAVE, for God's sake

Death Penalty
03-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Mold Anus just needs stuff to make fun of.

NeoCracker
03-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm happy they released it, in fact they should release X - 3 to. That way I'll have anohter crappy game to complain about, its good for filling my free time.

Marluxiaswife
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm happy they released it, in fact they should release X - 3 to. That way I'll have anohter crappy game to complain about, its good for filling my free time.

>.<
its not a crappy game!, to tell ya the truth i enjoyed this Final Fantasy more than the others, I'm suck in FF6, I gave up in FFVII, and FFVIII to hard, and FF9 is hard too, so is FFX and FFX-2 is a game for me and other final fantasy x-2 fans so yeah

DudeSon2004
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I was excited about X-2 before I played it, it's a great game, I'm just disappointed that Nobuo Uematsu wasn't there to do the music.
But still getting 100%, pressing X at the right time & replying yes, is really worth it I think.

SeeDRankLou
03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm happy they made this game, it was fun and enjoyable. Square did not sell themselves out to make this game, they just went in a different direction. They have that freedom. Just because they have been static in many of the game elements of the past final fantasies doesn't mean they have to keep doing it. I personally welcomed the change, and it was a good change for many many reasons.

The many endings of this game do nothing to devalue the ending of FFX. I think some of you miss the point of the ending of FFX. Tidus decided to do what he did to save Spira, but more importantly to save Yuna. That was his intention, he realized that he was also serving the greater good and saving Spira, but it was about Yuna. So he "died" instead of her. But it was Yuna who didn't really see that. Yuna had lived her whole life to die, not to live. And Tidus gave her life, and this story is partially about her realizing that and finding a way to have life. So, Tidus's death is not in vain at all, even if he does come back. And no matter what ending you get, by the end of the normal ending, she has completed that journey. The rest is just icing. The way I see it, Tidus saved Spira, Yuna saved Spira, both times involving the fayth, the fayth owe them. And now that there is no Yu Yevon (and for that matter no summoners at all) that can use the fayth to create Sin, there's no harm is the fayth dreaming for a bit longer to let Tidus and Yuna be happy, they deserve it.

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
no,it shouldn't have been made.
Some things are better left to tha player's imagination (i am talkin' about the endin')
and ffx-2 doesn't have the depth of ffx.(well,it couldn't have it cos it was made in lesser time)
it also breaks the tradition of ffs.
but it has some good stuff too,e.g. some songs (although the overall sound performance sucked,there are some masterpieces like Eternity piano edition or the three trails.i like morning glow too)
[!]i also like rikku's appearance cos i masturbate with her hentai images.and of course with yuna too.
Call me sick,but i do it.[/!]*snip* We do not need to know this information so keep it out of the fora. ~ Leeza

Setzer Gabianni
03-25-2006, 08:19 AM
WOAH - who the heck said FFIX was HARD? I LOL. FFX-2 was pathetically easy, but in a way I was glad they released because I needed something new to drool over.

It wasn't /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, but, then again..it was a pointless game where Yuna was being an attention whore, and you know what was going to happen in the end anyway.

~Setzer Gabianni

Zeromus_X
03-25-2006, 08:33 AM
No. :cat: It was pretty fun, but it's a spit in FFX's face, story-wise.

Leeza
03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Death Penalty and Morgoth_Bauglir: If I have to end up deleting much more of your posts for being crude, off-topic or conversational...I would rather just delete you instead.