PDA

View Full Version : Such a lovable and hugable game!

Carmilla
03-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I just finished this game, with every sidequest, and i must say that i havent played an rpg as good as this one in a long time.

I loved just about everything in this game. The whole Beatrix/Steiner love letter thing was awesome. The moogles are adorable, especially when you keep bothering them and he says that he is sharpening his knife.

And i just wanted to cry for Vivi and give him a big hug! :love:

Anyways, its crazy just how good this game is. A pure gem.

Though i must say that most of sidequests like catching frogs, racing that hippo, jump rope, and chocobo digging have got to be some of the most tedious and boring quests EVER.

Oh, and Auto Regen breaks this game. I beat the final 3 bosses by holding down X and using nothing but Fight with that ability equipped... :choc2:

Chris
03-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I absolutely agree.

This game had everything I could ever ask for in a game. The characters were so lovable and hugable! I love Zidane's naivity and Garnet's innocence. Vivi was perhaps the cutest of them all, but I also loved Steiner's devotion to protect Garnet.

I loved the gameplay as well. I thought the gameplay in FFVIII was way too irritating and unnecessarily hard. Out of all the FF games, this game had the best gameplay of them all. IMO.

The music was stunning as well. There was so much emotion put into the songs. Favorites: "Rose of May", "Search for the Princess" and "Crossing Those Hills" and many mores.

Overall, definitely one of my all-time favorite games.

:)

Shotgunnova
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Auto-regen doesn't break the game unless you somehow open the lid and fill 'er up for free. =/

I agree that the game is a gem. Most of the shortcomings I've seen people list are completely superficial (monkey tale, people look like kids, it's hard, etc.) and not even worth addressing. And while I consider myself to be quite good at the game, even I can't sit around and do 1000 rope-skips or race Hippaul to level 99. It's good that there are mini-games that hard, though. I think it's the best in the numbered PSX series, anyway.

FallenAngel411
03-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I too adore this game and laugh in the face of all who say it sucks.

Me? I'm no fangirl. :3

Captain Maxx Power
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Personally I can only play the game on speeded-up emulation. It's so damn slow otherwise. I dunno, but to me it feels sluggish. I had the same problem with Xenogears however.

Almighty God of Paper
03-23-2006, 10:47 PM
I loved this game. It was one of my favorites out of all the FFs. This game had some of the finest character development, and I think I loved just about every character. Well, Eiko got on my nerves once in a while, but she wasn't too bad.

The gameplay was pretty good, and I like how they brought back MP and each character having a different class... well... more or less.

The music was amazing, and every character had a wonderful theme. Melodies of Life is a gorgeous piece, and Emiko Shiratori has an absolutely beautiful voice.

I know everyone hates the ending of the game, but I loved it. When Garnet jumped into Zidane's arms and started punching him, then hugging him, I was about to squee with joy. SO ADORABLE.

Darth Cid
03-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I know everyone hates the ending of the game, but I loved it. When Garnet jumped into Zidane's arms and started punching him, then hugging him, I was about to squee with joy. SO ADORABLE.

Zidane: Yes, the game's ending was good, very good indeed. Though I would have picked a shorter amount of time for Zidane & Garnet to reunite.